Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #21

Is a tripod jack required for the FLSA due to the front living room? I ask because I'm going to purchase this model.

thanks

Mike
caddie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #22

Good Morning:

Happy Holidays to all.

@ Caddy Guy. For me I use it for extra stability and to lock my pin, with 2 people not needed but when you have additional people you do get some side to side movement. I also thought it helped when it was very windy.

Good Luck with your purchase, I like the new improvement's they made in the 2016. (Larger under storage and front storage, Aluminum steps, new front and rear cap design) My unit is an early 2015, they changed the storage Mid 2015 to the larger design.

Regards,

ER
Old 01-30-2016, 08:26 AM   #23

Good Morning:

Here is an update on my current issues:

My recent travels I went to the Tampa RV Show and Dry Camped for 5 days and then off to Disney for 8 days.

I am still having issues with the leveling system with LCI was not able to help over the phone. At the RV Show I went to talk to a Jayco Rep. His solution was to speak to my dealer. (The New Jayco Designers are WOW)

I stopped at my dealer and they said speak to Jayco, also when I asked about the leveling system they said can get me in end of March. I was upset with how long it takes to service so I went to speak to the General Manager. I told her how can all your salesman brag about how many units they sold when you can't even service them in a timely manner. Well she gave me a look and steam was coming out her ears, she rushed off and got the service manager. He started to tell me how they work (80/20) they leave 20% open for emergency's and leveling system is not considered a priority. My opinion on Orlando RV is they give great prices but Service Dept is very backlogged, also this dealer is small and very difficult to get large units into. Something to keep in mind when shopping.

At Disney I got to meet Grumpy "Thank you for the sticker" and discuss issues with our 15-FLSA's.

End Result is I spoke with Jayco and they will fix the crack under warranty. (Crack is getting larger) They are looking for a repair center in my area that can handle the job. Also they will take care of the leveling system. If not will be going to the factory.

Will report again soon.

Happy and safe Travels,

E.R.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20160114_001.jpg   WP_20160120_010.jpg   WP_20160125_001.jpg  
Old 01-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #24

Sorry to read of your problems. I too, am having leveling problems. Difference is mine are stuck in the down position and the read out says "COMM ERROR-CHECK WIRING". I've ohmed the harness from the controller to the keypad, per Lippert, and it is good. I've checked voltage, fuses, and ohmed other wires with zero success to get the legs up or rid the system of the error code. The manual procedure uses a plastic socket with the cranking device to turn the shaft that raises and lowers the leg. That plastic socket broke into four pieces when I attempted to turn the shaft. Lippert has issued me a case # for the warranty work that will need to be done. I just have to get the legs up to get it to a dealer. Lippert would not send me a new controller because (according to them) if I put it in myself the warranty will be void on the system. The once beautiful, comfortable, fun, expensive unit that we have enjoyed since purchase last July has turned into a nightmare. I hope your issues are resolved soon. I hope mine are resolved before March...our first trip of the season.

2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Aisin CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 371FLFS
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #25

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoAl View Post
Sorry to read of your problems. I too, am having leveling problems. Difference is mine are stuck in the down position and the read out says "COMM ERROR-CHECK WIRING". I've ohmed the harness from the controller to the keypad, per Lippert, and it is good. I've checked voltage, fuses, and ohmed other wires with zero success to get the legs up or rid the system of the error code. The manual procedure uses a plastic socket with the cranking device to turn the shaft that raises and lowers the leg. That plastic socket broke into four pieces when I attempted to turn the shaft. Lippert has issued me a case # for the warranty work that will need to be done. I just have to get the legs up to get it to a dealer. Lippert would not send me a new controller because (according to them) if I put it in myself the warranty will be void on the system. The once beautiful, comfortable, fun, expensive unit that we have enjoyed since purchase last July has turned into a nightmare. I hope your issues are resolved soon. I hope mine are resolved before March...our first trip of the season.
I would expect that your dealer would send a couple of technicians to your place to fix their problem!! Have you contacted Jayco and told them that your legs are stuck in the down position and that there is no way of moving it? Good luck to you
Old 01-31-2016, 06:37 AM   #26

Every time I read of the leveling problems with these big rigs, I am glad I just have the electric stabilizers. Never had a problem yet, knock on wood! Not too much to go wrong that I think could not be fixed quickly. Hope I am right!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #27

JaycoAl I had that same problem once, after camping for 2 weeks was packing up and ready to hook up and got same message trying to retract (Comm. Error check wiring). After trying all the troubleshooting in the manual and talking with LCI nothing worked. What I did was I disconnected the wire from key pad and took off the positive wire from the Main Board. Let it sit for 5 min and put it back together and it worked. (Not Sure if it did some sort of Reset)

On the FLSA you can't even get the Middle passenger side leveler up manually due to they never drilled a hole in the steps to be able to put the crank in. The Driver side middle you get only a 1/2 turn at a time cause it hits to top. I Have to try and make custom fit piece that fits into a small drill to get it to work without all that struggle.

Regarding Part they sent it to me I guess it depends on the LCI person. The guy helping me was great his name was Bill Sauer.

Good Luck.

Regards,
E.R.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20151222_004.jpg  
Old 01-31-2016, 09:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutshot View Post
I would expect that your dealer would send a couple of technicians to your place to fix their problem!! Have you contacted Jayco and told them that your legs are stuck in the down position and that there is no way of moving it? Good luck to you
I've talked to a dealer and they don't make house calls. They gave me #'s to a couple of mobile rv repair guys. Your reply has jolted me back into a reality that had temporarily left and I will be in contact with Jayco in the morning. It's not my problem or a mobile rv guy problem or a dealer problem. It's a Jayco/Lippert problem. Thank you Sir for your reply.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRod64 View Post
JaycoAl I had that same problem once, after camping for 2 weeks was packing up and ready to hook up and got same message trying to retract (Comm. Error check wiring). After trying all the troubleshooting in the manual and talking with LCI nothing worked. What I did was I disconnected the wire from key pad and took off the positive wire from the Main Board. Let it sit for 5 min and put it back together and it worked. (Not Sure if it did some sort of Reset)

On the FLSA you can't even get the Middle passenger side leveler up manually due to they never drilled a hole in the steps to be able to put the crank in. The Driver side middle you get only a 1/2 turn at a time cause it hits to top. I Have to try and make custom fit piece that fits into a small drill to get it to work without all that struggle.

Regarding Part they sent it to me I guess it depends on the LCI person. The guy helping me was great his name was Bill Sauer.

Good Luck.

Regards,
E.R.
E.R., I disconnected the positive cable from the battery for about 2 minutes thinking it would spur a reset but it did not. I will try your method and see what happens.

I too, was disappointed to see that there is no room for the crank used to raise the levelers.

The gentleman whom I have talked with at LCI twice is Bill Sauer. He is knowledgeable about his product but I remain curious as to why he said a simple plug and play controller installed by me would void the system warranty. But the instructions for me to raise the jacks manually sent by him to my email would not void the warranty. Thank you for your reply.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutshot View Post

Good Luck.

Regards,
E. R.
__________________________________________________ __________

I made contact with Jayco this past Monday. After explaining the problem to two of their representatives, I received a new controller for the leveling system Friday. Installed it Saturday. Problem solved!!

Old 05-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #31

We have a 2016 Eagle 339FLQS with identical stress cracks on both sides of 5th wheel. Can you tell me if you got it repaired, repair time, and if you are happy with repairs. Ours has to go to factory for repairs.
woolgather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolgather View Post
We have a 2016 Eagle 339FLQS with identical stress cracks on both sides of 5th wheel. Can you tell me if you got it repaired, repair time, and if you are happy with repairs. Ours has to go to factory for repairs.
Where are the cracks specifically? Would you mind taking pictures so that I can be on the look out on my 2016 339flqs, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolgather View Post
Had them on our 2015 PINNACLE, factory does a great job however getting it into the paint shop takes time. They had ours for 4+ weeks.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #34

I have some very small ones about 1" long in the lower front corner of my bed slide. None on the rear corner. They may have been there for quite a while as I haven't checked before. Looks like they come from the gelcoat cracking when the corner gets flexed, either from the slide moving or movement in the front overhang when the pinbox gets changes in load while travelling.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #35

Cracks around slide

I also experienced a large crack that formed at the lower corner of the bedroom slide on my 2015 REQS. My local dealer wasn't equipped to make the repair because it involves welding aluminum which is a unique skill. Jayco was helpful to get me to Bob Jones RV in Houston who did a great job on the repair. I saw the pictures during the repair and it's a huge job involving removing the slide, cutting the side wall back to the studs and shifting the front cap. It's a $7k job! (Thankfully covered under warranty).

I did raise an eyebrow when I saw the Jayco-provided instructions for the repair. They are dated in 2008. Makes me question why we are seeing this problem on 2015 models.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretasDad View Post
I did raise an eyebrow when I saw the Jayco-provided instructions for the repair. They are dated in 2008. Makes me question why we are seeing this problem on 2015 models.
If you look at many of JAYCO's competitors you will see a piece of trim at that corner. Why, because they pre-cut the wall as it is a known problem on FW. JAYCO would rather take "a chance" than add the "funny looking" piece of trim. Who knows why, but that's their policy.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #37

Stress cracks

Here are photos of stress cracks. Was told by our dealer's service department that is was caused by a weld that left go. Must be a know problem as Jayco has a 16 page tech spec on how to do repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3545.jpg   IMG_3693.jpg   IMG_3498.jpg  
Old 05-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #38

Don't know why top photo loaded upside down?
Old 10-27-2021, 04:15 PM   #39

I got sik of leveler issues on my 16-FLSA so I disconnected all jacks from the computer and level myself using Milwaukee 12V Fuel, fast, easy, reliable.
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:02 PM   #40

EvoRod:

You have a Sears store there?
Ours is long gone. I thought they all were.
(As I google Sears....)
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote