Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #1

2005 Eagle 5th Wheel Questions

I’m new to this forum and we are considering buying a 2005 Jayco 5th wheel Eagle model 325 BHS. We have had a couple of travel trailers and need to move into something bigger with bigger beds for the kids. We presently have a 27 ft Sunline to sell or trade. I tow with a 2002 F-250 7.3 L diesel with the crew cab, 6-1/2 ft bed. I am looking for any general feedback on this particular model or on this vintage of the Jayco 5th wheel from any other Eagle 5th wheel owners on this forum. The trailer we are considering has the customer value package, extendable dinette option and also has the two double bed size bunks in the back vs. the 4 bunk bed set-up. We have some big kids so this suits us better than the smaller beds. The dealer is asking $19,995 for the trailer which is on the high end of the NADA retail range. We are planning to take a trip next weekend to look it over. Are there any particular issues we should look out for when lloking at the trailer? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks - John
jshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #2

Hi there,
I can't comment on the Eagle, but if it's a Jayco, you won't be sorry. One bit of advise though. When you buy the hitch, get one that slides back for tight corners. Other wise you may end up with a dent on the corner of your cab. I'm speaking from experience. My bed is also 6 1/2 foot, and I have a slider, but didn't use it when I should have. A thousand dollar mistake. Happy camping.
Myles6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #3

Howdy John,
I don't have the Eagle, but I do have a Jayco Designer fiver which is ten years older than the Eagle you are looking at. I am VERY pleased with this RV, with its quality of materials, etc. I chose a Jayco because of their very fine reputation. I would encourage you to check the tires out carefully. The fiver will be heavier than your previous travel trailer, so there will be more stress on the tires. Make sure they are properly inflated, check for cracking, and check to see how old they are. I would also suggest using each appliance/piece of equipment to ensure that everything works, and that there are no leaks. Oh yeah, don't forget to have fun.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #4

Thank you both for the feedback, I'll will certainly follow your advice. We are planning to travel up to see it this Saturday.

John
jshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #5

I don't know if I am a little late on this inquiry but I have a 07 Eagle 325BHS with the same configuration as you state on the 05. I love the double beds in the rear and mine also has the extended dinette option which I have never used and because it is the upgraded Jayco with the double pane windows and extra insulation I find it is very quiet on the inside. I also like the idea of having the washroom away from the master bedroom.
If you buy this unit or already have done so then just remember that it has a short turning radius and my inattention just cost me 4600 bucks to repair when I hit a cement post.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #6

Wecome to the forum.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #7

Hi jshannon,I also own a 2008 Eagle,be sure to check each room for floor squeaks.You will get no help post purchase.Good luck.
Larry
leanlarry is offline   Reply With Quote