Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #1

2006 Jayco BHS 325 or simlar

Hi folks
I write to see if you could help me out. I have a Jayco BHS325 and I am trying to identify if a component on my trailer is factory or added later. On the roof of the trailer.. towards the hitch (area of the master bedroom) I have the following components. 1. I have the antenna. 2. I have the fresh air vent and 3. Right behind the fresh air vent I have a dome.. almost like a sky light. It is similar size to the one that you see further down in the shower area. There is nothing in the trailer ceiling that corresponds to this "dome" so I am wondering what it is for and if it was added later. If you could help by just checking yours (2 minute job) it would help me. Thanks
kwasyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #2

Also I am curious.. is there a "typical" spot to mount the spare tire on these units?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #3

Figured it out. Someone had a couple tears in the roofing material so instead of fixing it correctly then installed a dome. Well of course those create condensation and then issues. I was able to remove it, check the plywood for issues and then repair the roof correctly. Because of its close proximity to the vent I actually removed the vent as well and replaced a large area of roofing. Should be better than new now.