Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #1

2011 365 BHS and rocking

Has anyone else found a cure to your 365 "rocking" when anyone walks in the middle and especially in the rear portion of the camper? I have mine blocked where both my front and rear stabilizers are only down 5-6" and I'm still fighting to get this thing real solid. I've thought about mounting another set of scissor stabilizers just behind the axles but figured I would see how others may have cured this first.

Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #2

I have X Chock's between the wheels, and a set of JT Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers, which I haven't installed yet.

I hear great things about the stabilizers.

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #3

jrmay. I have installed a second set of scizzor jacks just behind the wheels of mine and it does take more than 60% of the flex and bounce out of the unit. Our rigs are 40' long and with a suspension in the middle you are going to get flexing. This mod will help with that as well as some shaking.

I have the JT strong arms as well. If you have a rear bike rack from the factory then the rear strong arms are going to be hard to get the exact angles that they want you to put them for optimum performance. In order to mount the rear set I put 2" sqaure stock on the front most portion of the rack frame with u bolts and installed my stabilizers to that point. It's just long enough and the angle is not truely correct to take out all the shake from the rear. In the front however I get almost none as a result of the JT's being correctly angled and positioned.

I will try to get out today and post pics of the mods in the mods section for all to see. Amazon has BAL stabilizers for about $89.00 a set which is what I went with. You will need a very good drill and bit(s) to put the bolts in for both these installs as the steel is 1/4" and your main I beam in spots. One thing I also needed from JT's was a second set of eylet bolts for the rear power jacks to mount the arms to. The bolts supplied were 1/2" too short to properly mount the footpad to.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #4

I found the X Chocks help quite a bit.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #5

I already have the chocks installed between both axels. That helped a lot on our 29' but not so much on this 36'. I think I'm going to make and install a pair of stabilizer bars for the front and rear leveling legs.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
I already have the chocks installed between both axels. That helped a lot on our 29' but not so much on this 36'. I think I'm going to make and install a pair of stabilizer bars for the front and rear leveling legs.
The 365BHS is actually 40'. Just sayin.............

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #7

I use Xchocks and I installed a extra set of manual stabilzer jacks infront of my axles. It does help with the jiggle, you just have to be careful not to drop them to much as it throws it can throw frame out of square. On my first outing in my 330 RLTS I cranked them down to much and the bedroom door would not stay closed. I just reset them a little and it was no longer a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
user18573_pic400_1304885690[1].jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #8

I'm going to pickup an additional set of stabilizer jacks the next time I'm by CW and am planning on making some landing gear stabilizer bars. Together, I think that should cure the problem.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #9

I had this issue to on my 365 BHS. i put a tripod on the king pin, chocked wheels, put cinder blocks with 4x4 on top under rear frame. cured 90% of rocking. in high wind these things are like kites so "some settling may occur". haha. when a majority of the weight is on the tires, it will move since tires are flexible. stabilizing the frame is the only way to eliminate most of it. the factory jacks in the rear are useless. i want to purchase the jack that has a frame spans accross the the trailer frame and has two points to stabilize. wheel chocks are a must for this beast. good luck. if you need pics let me know.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #10

Update from my last post: I purchased and installed another set of 6500lb stabilizer jacks and although I haven't yet mounted them permanant, behind the axle is the only place I have room to mount them. They seem to help but still have a little more sway than I would like. Phase 2 is once I return from Bristol in a couple weeks, I'm going to finish making a set of front and rear stabilizer bars and think these will do the trick. Will keep you guys posted with my results.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #11

So I was fortunate enough to have stayed in my unit duing TS Irene this past week with 45-50MPH gusts at my side. With the JT's set correctly and extra scizzor jacks in the unit I did not have any sway. I too have the x-chocks as well and I have to say movement is minimal. The only logical place tomount the extra scizzors is just behind the rear wheels so that they are directly across from one another and accessible. Putting them in alternating locations would not give you the same performance IMHO. With any mod, having them dialed in correctly makes all the difference. I have had movement issues in the past but now I know just how to get the unit rock solid with the add on's. Settleing can occur depending on your site, so you may need to tweak things the second day.

We are 40 ft from nose to bumper so you will get some flex from the fridge to the front entry. I have thought about adding another set of jacks but think that is overkill and talked myself out of doing it. The second set of scizzors take out the suspension which is where we are getting the softness.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-03-2011, 12:41 AM   #12

Glad to hear you weathered the storm and with minimal movement. I have the stabilizer bars I made painted and will be taking them with me to install later this week. One thing I didn't do is make a pair to run across the front of the camper. I'll be installing a pair running forward from the rear stabilizers and another pair running backwards from my front ones. I'm hoping I won't need any side to side on the front as the way my site is laid out, my front stabilizers are only extended about 4". If needed, I bought pleanty of steel to make a 3rd pair. I currently have my extra pair of stabilizer jacks sitting, but not bolted just behind the rear axle. I am thinking about trying to bolt them, as well as the rear bars to mount Jayco welded in for what I assume to be non-electric rear stabilizer jacks. If this doesn't help, I will only need to remove a few bolts and start over.
As soon as I get everything installed I will post an update as to how it works out.

Thanks,
Jr
Old 09-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #13

I think since that since you have the materials and your unit seems to be far from your house that I would put the front legs on. You will still get side to side movement without three points of resistance which the second set of front legs provide. Plus you may not want to get back under there after the initial setup. Again just my 2 cents.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB