Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #1

2011 Pinnacle, Issue with Cable TV connections in the bedroom

We have a 2011 36 RETS and it has additional TV/Cable connections in the bedroom, one where a 22" TV can be set up between two shelves and one in the upper section of the right hand side of the closet. It appears that neither one is connected to the cable outlet in the back of the Fifth Wheel, as I have Dish Network setup in the back of the Fifth wheel, so we receive reception on the main TV, but nothing in the bedroom. Is there a specific switch or section in the Fifth Wheel that we need to work with to get reception in the bedroom?

Thank you,

Chris
carp3764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:20 AM   #2

We have a similar set up, and there is a cable connection in the wall to hook up TV #2 (bedroom). It is inside a cabinet below the entertainment center, and marked with a sticker. Maybe yours is not plugged in.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #3

I asked Jayco for a wiring Diagram for the 2011 Pinnacle's, this is what they sent.

We have Dish Network and the Dish VIP222K Dual Tuner reciever with two remote's.

The reciever is installed in the cabinet by the rear living area TV and operates both TVs just fine.

Hope the cable routing drawing helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinnacle Cable TV.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	5375
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #4

In my 2011 32RLTS, i connot hook up dish to the bedroom tv unless I run another cable fron the sat. dish to the brdroom. I have one of those GM-1518 carry out dish which has a primary and secondary hookup . I have 2 - vip 211 reciever. After many hours trying to figure out why the reciever won't work in the bedroom, I finnerly talk with winguard, If the primary reciever is catching a signel say from sat. 110, the the second reviever can only recieve a channel from the sat. the primary is on. Meaning ,just say your watching channel 100 on the primary and the second tv is watching the same, if you change the channel on the primary and it has to go to a different sat. the the other tv will loose it signal.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #5

I wonder if there is a way to connect a splitter to the "A" and "B" connection box, then have one output to the primary Satelite Box, then see if the bedroom and the living room will work together. Has anyone tried that? Chris
carp3764 is offline   Reply With Quote