Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #1

2011Jayco Eagle 26.5 RLS

I am looking at one of these used from an owner. Anything i should be looking for in repairs or problems I may need to address?
Thanks in advance!
Steve
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

Just make sure everything works, window, draws, appliances etc. A good read on buying used
How to inspect a used RV for more than wear and tear. | eBay
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #3

In my opinion the biggest problem to look for is any sign of water damage. Get on the roof and inspect the condition of the roof and the caulking around anything that sticks through the roof. Check the date code on the tires. Likely the original tires are on the trailer unless there has been a problem. If the tires are over 3-4 years old plan on replacing them. Have the seller demonstrate that all of the appliances work (refrigerator, water heater, stove, microwave, water pump, power converter, etc.). Make sure the slide(s) work properly. Recheck for water damage and walk away if you find some. These a few quick thoughts on the topic.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #4

Smell test

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
In my opinion the biggest problem to look for is any sign of water damage. Get on the roof and inspect the condition of the roof and the caulking around anything that sticks through the roof. Check the date code on the tires. Likely the original tires are on the trailer unless there has been a problem. If the tires are over 3-4 years old plan on replacing them. Have the seller demonstrate that all of the appliances work (refrigerator, water heater, stove, microwave, water pump, power converter, etc.). Make sure the slide(s) work properly. Recheck for water damage and walk away if you find some. These a few quick thoughts on the topic.
One thing I would add to this is the smell test...if you smell MOLD find another rig. Dead giveaway for water damage.
thomhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

Thanks for answers. How well do Jayco decals hold up?
Sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #6

Well as far as the decals on my 2005 jayflight were concerned not very good. However on my 2010 eagle they have held up remarkably well. The decals on the Eagle are in new condition. The decals on the Jayflight started coming off immediately. Jayflight was aluminum sided the Eagle composite. So in my experience it depends. My advice on a used rig is to look carefully.
thomhack is offline   Reply With Quote