Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #1

2014 Eagle Premier 371FLFS - Any Comments

I have not taken possession of this trailer yet but am looking for any comments bad, good or suggestions on this trailer. Should get sometime around 5/15.
RC-371FLFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

There are a few on here that have them. I am sure they will chime in soon. All i know is that model is my dream trailer. Will get one just as soon as i get 3 girls through college.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #3

That is one beautiful 5er! I really like the forward living room. I think it makes the interior seem much more open than a forward bedroom. Also, you won't have to climb the stairs to hit the head from the outside. Excellent wardrobe storage also. And, it will be sooooo nice to wake up in the morning and be able to look out over the lake, mountains, woods, or wherever your camping takes you. In fact, you may not want to leave the bedroom!
I have its little brother - Eagle 266RKS, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Eagle line: fit & finish, woodwork, tank capacities, etc. You're getting what mine wants to be when it "grows up". Congratulations!

BTW, what will you be towing it with?

Wish you many years of happy camping!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #4

Welcome RC. That's a really nice trailer. While looking for our snowbird trailer, we stumbled across another FL model at an RV show a couple seasons ago and really liked them. When Jayco upgraded theirs to include frameless windows and quiet AC our dealer called and invited us over to walk thru one . . .WOW.

When all was said n done, the overall length and pin weight made us pause. We don't want to move up to a larger truck right now. We do want to pull an ATV trailer behind the fiver and the length was a concern.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:38 AM   #5

My DW loves that unit. We saw one at the local RV show here this winter and it really did feel like a house on wheels. What we really noticed, was that even with a whole pile of people in there snooping around it still felt roomy and traffic flowed well. I could really see that being a good full time set up for us.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #6

We don't have the front living room model, but you won't go wrong with the Jayco Premier. The quality is so much better than the Holiday Rambler Presidential that we used to own. I've only had a few minor issues with the Premier and they were all taken care of quickly by my dealer. If anyone out there is looking for a dealer who is fantastic in both sales and service, Pharr RV in Lubbock will go the extra mile for you.
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #7

My only quarrel with this floorplan (like most of Jayco's) is that the dinette is in the slide, which gives you limited room to slide the chair back. I wish they would put it out in the open like Montana does.

Also, they need to go to hydraulics for slides, levelling, etc.
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #8

We picked ours up a little over two weeks ago. We ordered the 2014 model. What showed up was a 2015 model.
There were some changes to the available options. The one we ordered had a ceiling fan.
The 2015 does not have a ceiling fan as an option. Ours also showed up without the fold a bed couch we ordered. We are still waiting for a conclusive answer if that option will be changed out by dealer.
On the upside it came with the six point leveling system instead of the four point.
If the hide a bed gets worked out I can live without the ceiling fan as a trade for better leveling system and newer model year
Hispeed Lodging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #9

Unfortunately it is going to be sitting on a permanent spot for now. No pull vehicle right now.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #10

There is a difference in the Premier vs the Pinnacle being the 1 entry door vs 2. I am a "larger" guy and I fit nicely in the Pinnacle dinning area without any issues.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #11

Actually this floor plan has the kitchen slide out not the dinnette. One of the reasons we got the Premier and not the Pinnacle.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #12

We pick up our new 371flfs on Monday! Hope everything goes well with yours and happy camping!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-371FLFS View Post
Actually this floor plan has the kitchen slide out not the dinnette. One of the reasons we got the Premier and not the Pinnacle.
You are correct, of course. I had my models backward. The wife and I were discussing that we'd prefer the layout in the Eagle Premier over the Pinnacle version. Congrats on what I'm sure is a terrific rig!
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote