Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #1

2015 38FLSA a/c heat pumps

I bought new in May 2015 a Pinnacle 38 FLSA. Dealer walk through was nothing to write home about.

I have 2 a/c units I think just 1 has the heat pumps. Can someone review how to use them? Just not sure of the benefits and how they actually work. Dealer said I needed them.
MBARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #2

I have a heat pump in my Eagle Premier. Just switch the thermostat over to electric heat and the system should take care of the rest with the warm air blowing out of the a/c vents in the ceiling.

If there is a wide difference between the ambient air in the RV and the thermostat setting, my LP powered furnace kicks on at the same time as the heat pump and runs until the ambient temperature matches the thermostat setting. After that, the heat pump runs just as the a/c does, cycling on and off as the thermostat calls for it.

Downside to the heat pump, it's noisy the same as the a/c. Also, if you are cold- weather camping, the heat pump will not warm up your water system and pump or the heated tanks. You must use the LP furnace to do that.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #3

The front unit is the only heat pump.

What djalbrec said. We love ours, does a good job of keeping the FW cozy when outside temps are down to 37/38. When it get colder than that the compressor shuts off and then the furnace will take over.

Between that and the fireplace heater we are very satisfied with the inside temps.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #4

How do you know if you have a heat pump. I have 2 units. Is one unit automatically a heat pump. I have a 2015 pinnacle 36ftbs
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim&paula View Post
How do you know if you have a heat pump. I have 2 units. Is one unit automatically a heat pump. I have a 2015 pinnacle 36ftbs
The thermostat in the living area will say, Gas Heat & Elec Heat and no it was an option.