Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

2016 36FBTS Bed Room Slide & Door Side Slide

On our last trip, DW noticed that the bedroom slide may not be aligned across the bottom. On her side of the bed, the slide is even with the bottom but on my side of the bed, the slide extends about 2 inches over the opening. Has any one else noticed that? The slide does touch on the sides & top so we presume it is all the way out. The unit does go back to the dealer in early November for additional warranty work - one more thing for the list.

When the door side slide either goes out or comes back in, it will stop - in fact DW had heard something popping in the fuse box. Once there is a second click, then the slide will work properly. We did mention it to the dealer & they supposedly tested it without any issues. We will be mentioning it again. Any one hear the popping or have an issue with the slide? If so, what was found?
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #2

Having trouble envisioning exactly what the problem is in respect to who sleeps where. From the way you describe it sounds like the slide that stops is popping the auto reset breaker and that once it resets it goes in the rest of the way which suggests it may be binding.

Since you have a visit planned. I would call your dealer so they can order parts rather than have to diagnose and reschedule

Also with issues like this I would document them using your video recorder so to can show the dealer exactly what is happening. Also don't use terms like my side of the bed or wife's side etc. That doesn't mean anything to anybody but you and the wife.

Slide issues can be frustrating but fortunately you already have an appt and I'm sure they will get you squared away.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. As you are standing at the foot of the bed, looking at the head of the bed, right is the DW's side and left is my side.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

Is your bedroom slides the Schwintec (sp?) I had an issue where the lower drive gear that spurs into the bottom rail would slip off the shafts and it would spin a half turn before locking this would get the slide started with one side ahead of the other. But it would finish properly so it was flush when closed. I don't know if it was an actual recall or just a service bulletin but my dealer new exactly what it was and added some some nylon blocks to keep the gear keyed properly. I will add a photo in another post showing this from the outside of my bedroom slides.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

This photo shows the nylon blocks that were added to keep the silver shafts from dropping which would cause the drive gear to skip and would result in the slide coming in crooked.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #6

I had a similar issue with our dining room slide. One side is completely flush when it is in, the other side sticks out about an inch or so.

While bringing the slide in, we had the same clicking and stopping of the slide. After the click, it would stop for a second then continue.

It turned out we had a 20 amp auto reset breaker in the fuse box that kept blowing and resetting itself.

The dealer replaced it with a 30 amp auto reset breaker and it has worked for the last couple of months problem free.

We now have the fw at the dealer to finally get the slide adjusted.

Not sure if this is your issue but it sounds like it might.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #7

Can anyone tell me the part# or type of auto resetting fuse is used for the slides I misplaced mine and the dealer and auto parts stores have no idea what I'm talking about. Are they atc or atm fuses? My fuse box says a 20a and a 12.5a.
ltslat is offline   Reply With Quote