Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #81

Another great new feature, The remote control in this unit actually does what it's supposed to do; work. LOL Love that feature for everything it does.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #82

[QUOTE=MikeNChelle;316852]With the 3.0 system you NEED to have 6" x 6" blocks under the rear jacks and only have the front slip pads extended so you split the #5 hole in them with the actual "leg" of the front landing gear. After all of this and a few re-calibrations, I think I have it. I finally got the "Leveling Successful" screen. By the time I'm done I'll have it all down and be a pro at this thing. *** Note to self when operating this system. The new unit has 4 steps and are VERY close to the ground. Make sure they are up or you will probably damage them. Glad I saw it before they hit the ground...

How timely! My DH has been struggling with the 3.0. Called the manufacturer and was told how to 0 it out. Then he followed your recommendations. BINGO! Now on to figuring out where to put things in the new configuration.

Can you believe all the bells and whistles on this thing? The internal water filter is so nice...giving our external system to our daughter and son-in-law. We are just so happy with our decision.

I'd rather wear out than rust out. Swim, bike, run.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #83

[QUOTE=Mantygirl;317025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
With the 3.0 system you NEED to have 6" x 6" blocks under the rear jacks and only have the front slip pads extended so you split the #5 hole in them with the actual "leg" of the front landing gear. After all of this and a few re-calibrations, I think I have it. I finally got the "Leveling Successful" screen. By the time I'm done I'll have it all down and be a pro at this thing. *** Note to self when operating this system. The new unit has 4 steps and are VERY close to the ground. Make sure they are up or you will probably damage them. Glad I saw it before they hit the ground...

How timely! My DH has been struggling with the 3.0. Called the manufacturer and was told how to 0 it out. Then he followed your recommendations. BINGO! Now on to figuring out where to put things in the new configuration.

Can you believe all the bells and whistles on this thing? The internal water filter is so nice...giving our external system to our daughter and son-in-law. We are just so happy with our decision.
Glad I could help. I also learned how to clear a few other codes & errors. I had the same filter system on my 2012 351 RLTS so it is very nice. I also have one in the fridge on this unit. Congrats on the new unit and happy trails.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 06-30-2015, 08:10 PM   #84

Mike,
I had issues with the 3.0 system on our maiden voyage too. I'm getting it figured out. My service mgr told me there was an app "My LCI" that gave you access to all the written manuals for Lippert components on your phone. It has been helpful.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdog00 View Post
Mike,
I had issues with the 3.0 system on our maiden voyage too. I'm getting it figured out. My service mgr told me there was an app "My LCI" that gave you access to all the written manuals for Lippert components on your phone. It has been helpful.
The dealer printed that manual out for me and gave me a DVD with everything on it that they use at the shop for repairs and ordering parts. It's come in handy already. Glad you're getting it all figured out.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-03-2015, 04:54 AM   #86

Why did the ice melt going down the road. Do they not have a inverter set up to run the fridge while traveling? Our unit is supposed to be delivered any day now. We are excited.
pgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #87

[QUOTE=Mantygirl;317025]
Quote:
With the 3.0 system you NEED to have 6" x 6" blocks under the rear jacks and only have the front slip pads extended so you split the #5 hole in them with the actual "leg" of the front landing gear. After all of this and a few re-calibrations, I think I have it. I finally got the "Leveling Successful" screen. By the time I'm done I'll have it all down and be a pro at this thing. *** Note to self when operating this system. The new unit has 4 steps and are VERY close to the ground. Make sure they are up or you will probably damage them. Glad I saw it before they hit the ground...

6x6 as in you need 6 inches of height because other wise the piston didn't have enough length and it maxes out? If that is the case then I feel this is utter bs. In my opinion the ram is installed to high in the frame or is to small for its job. I can see pads to keep them from sinking but that is about it. I think you are referring to the rear but blocks under the front are a big no no in my book. Bump the trailer wrong and it falls off, or one jack falls off worse yet.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #88

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdog00 View Post
Mike,
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the pointer on that app!! I have the GC 2.0 system and so far, it's worked really well but I like having access to the troubleshooting guides, documentation, etc. right on my phone.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgraves View Post
Why did the ice melt going down the road. Do they not have a inverter set up to run the fridge while traveling? Our unit is supposed to be delivered any day now. We are excited.
They shut the fridge OFF after they showed us it worked. Ice melted very quickly and the went all over our new floor. I have a soggy area under the fridge where all the water soaked into. Waiting to hear about that from the dealer.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #90

[QUOTE=imjustdave;318068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantygirl View Post
6x6 as in you need 6 inches of height because other wise the piston didn't have enough length and it maxes out? If that is the case then I feel this is utter bs. In my opinion the ram is installed to high in the frame or is to small for its job. I can see pads to keep them from sinking but that is about it. I think you are referring to the rear but blocks under the front are a big no no in my book. Bump the trailer wrong and it falls off, or one jack falls off worse yet.
Yes it needs 6" of block otherwise it bottoms out. They said they couldn't mount the rams any lower for fear they would get torn off on an incline.
Yes only blocks on the rear. I have solid rock blocks if I ever need them for the front and they are only 3", but don't imagine having to use them. The system isn't smart enough to know that it's about to run out of ram and either raise or lower another jack to compensate the issue it's having. It's better than what we had in the other unit, but far from being what it should be.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #91

After loading stuff into our new camper we've noticed the lack of outlets to plug stuff into. Mainly by the TV for a Blu-Ray player and just about anything else you would have close to a TV. ie: video games, Blu-ray player, sound bar... Guess I'll be running power for outlets REALLY soon.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #92

Today is the day..

We are taking our 2016 36REQS out for the first camping trip..... Site is reserved and our friends already checked in. It's close to home (150 Miles) just in case something goes wrong.
Everyone have a great weekend.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #93

Ok. Trip was crazy:
1.) Got to the campground after we even told them 3 weeks ago how long this thing is they saved me a site that you could hardly fit a pop-up on. No other sites so we end up in an "Over flow" parking lot. Gravel.
2.) spent over 2.5 hours trying to get the 3.0 Auto level system to work.. NOT. Manual it is.
3.) DW closed the bedroom door and went to get out and the striker will not release with the door handle. No tools or phones in the bedroom as we were just putting things away. Mind you the escape window is like 8-9' in the air so going out that way is not happening. Damage to door frame to exit.
4.) The 12volt charger for the phone shorted out my charger in a burst of flame the second it was plugged in.
5.) TV in living room remote will not control TV and the ant. is not pulling any channels and yes the ant. booster is ON.
6.) Toilet will not hold water no matter what we did to fix.
Did I mention that the campground employees were RUDE?
Towed like a dream, even in high winds.
It's back at the dealer getting repairs.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #94

Quote:
Ok. Trip was crazy:
1.) Got to the campground after we even told them 3 weeks ago how long this thing is they saved me a site that you could hardly fit a pop-up on. No other sites so we end up in an "Over flow" parking lot. Gravel.
2.) spent over 2.5 hours trying to get the 3.0 Auto level system to work.. NOT. Manual it is.
3.) DW closed the bedroom door and went to get out and the striker will not release with the door handle. No tools or phones in the bedroom as we were just putting things away. Mind you the escape window is like 8-9' in the air so going out that way is not happening. Damage to door frame to exit.
4.) The 12volt charger for the phone shorted out my charger in a burst of flame the second it was plugged in.
5.) TV in living room remote will not control TV and the ant. is not pulling any channels and yes the ant. booster is ON.
6.) Toilet will not hold water no matter what we did to fix.
Did I mention that the campground employees were RUDE?
Towed like a dream, even in high winds.
It's back at the dealer getting repairs.

On the auto level system...
what did it do?
could you at least run it in manual mode?
Did it work prior to the trip at the dealership?

I have to say this is one feature I really really want to have.... but I'm unsure if it will be a god send or devil device that will annoy the out of me.

It's something I almost wish I could test out while shopping for a camper.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #95

Plus stuff:
The shower is AWESOME and has so much room. Maybe enough for 2. LOL
The hot water seemed endless. This thing is huge inside and the whisper quiet AC is a lot more quiet than our old unit, the bedroom is still loud, but not as much as our 2012 Eagle.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
On the auto level system...
what did it do?
could you at least run it in manual mode?
Did it work prior to the trip at the dealership?

I have to say this is one feature I really really want to have.... but I'm unsure if it will be a god send or devil device that will annoy the out of me.

It's something I almost wish I could test out while shopping for a camper.
I would tell them to demonstrate it functioning properly prior to buying. We ordered ours so we didn't get that luxury.

It errors out different jacks continuously. It worked at the dealer for PDI only after they worked on it for over 6 hours while we waited.
Yes, I was able to use manual mode, but that's not why I bought this.
This feature and the large fridge are the ONLY 2 reasons we bought a new camper.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #97

Also, when you have the front awning lights on the front cap lights are always on and they are BRIGHT. People across will not like those shining at them all night while you're outside. The dealer states there is no way to not have them on when the awning lights are on. I will find the wires and put them on a separate switch.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #98

MikeNChelle, I just took delivery of a 36 RSQS and had a very similar experience with the leveling system. I had to do two steps to get it in working shape. First, I called Lippert and they walked me through the Zero Point Calibration system. It's in the manual, but I didn't realize it hadn't been done at the dealership. I asked why this wasn't done at the dealer and the Lippert customer service person said they're not required to. ????

After doing that, the auto-leveling system started to work, but then errored out when the rig was close to being level. In the forum, I found a suggestion (maybe it was you?) that the jacks need to have at least 4" of blocks under them. My previous rig had Lippert 2.0 hydraulic jacks, and I had never had this problem with them. It seems the stroke on the electric jacks is not as long as the hydraulic. I had blocks under the front and back jacks, but not the middle jacks, and the middle jacks were the ones giving me error codes because they were reaching the end of their stroke before the trailer was level. I suspect this doesn't happen at the dealership where they're most likely working on a level surface. On the other hand, if your driveway or campsite is not level, you may be reaching the end of the jack stroke before the system is level.
MantyGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantyGary View Post
MikeNChelle, I just took delivery of a 36 RSQS and had a very similar experience with the leveling system. I had to do two steps to get it in working shape. First, I called Lippert and they walked me through the Zero Point Calibration system. It's in the manual, but I didn't realize it hadn't been done at the dealership. I asked why this wasn't done at the dealer and the Lippert customer service person said they're not required to. ????

After doing that, the auto-leveling system started to work, but then errored out when the rig was close to being level. In the forum, I found a suggestion (maybe it was you?) that the jacks need to have at least 4" of blocks under them. My previous rig had Lippert 2.0 hydraulic jacks, and I had never had this problem with them. It seems the stroke on the electric jacks is not as long as the hydraulic. I had blocks under the front and back jacks, but not the middle jacks, and the middle jacks were the ones giving me error codes because they were reaching the end of their stroke before the trailer was level. I suspect this doesn't happen at the dealership where they're most likely working on a level surface. On the other hand, if your driveway or campsite is not level, you may be reaching the end of the jack stroke before the system is level.
I zeroed out the system 3 times. Raised the front above level (if you don't it will never work), I did post about the blocks under the rear jacks and this time I needed them under every jack. Poor design in my opinion. My site was less than 1% off level according to my truck. This is unacceptable in my book, that's why it's back at the dealer.
I saw my old camper sitting there yesterday and was sad to see it was already sold. Less than a week after trading it in they sold it. I guess it was in perfect condition.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 07-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #100

On the other hand, I've not had my unit on its maiden voyage yet. I may find it doesn't work so well away from my driveway. Good luck and let us know what the fix is when they finally figure it out.
MantyGary is offline   Reply With Quote