Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #1

2016 377RLBH Pin Height

Hello everyone,

I'm getting excited, my 377RLBH should be off the line and on the way to the dealer. I'm picking up a new Ram 3500 dually with fifth wheel prep, hopefully Wednesday.

I'm trying to figure out which fifth wheel hitch is going to work best, so I can get it mounted before picking up my fifth wheel. I'm going with a slider, since it only has a 6.5' bed.

I'm in need of some advice about the hitch height. The Curt hitch is adjustable between 17.5-21.5, while some of the Reese hitches are only ~13-17.5.

Can anyone tell me the the height from the pin box mounting plate to the ground on a 377RLBH?

I believe with that, I should be able to determine what my hitch height will need to be.

Thanks!
radjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

The standard is suppose to be 47.5 inches. I am going through the same thing right now. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radjayco View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm getting excited, my 377RLBH should be off the line and on the way to the dealer. I'm picking up a new Ram 3500 dually with fifth wheel prep, hopefully Wednesday.

I'm trying to figure out which fifth wheel hitch is going to work best, so I can get it mounted before picking up my fifth wheel. I'm going with a slider, since it only has a 6.5' bed.

I'm in need of some advice about the hitch height. The Curt hitch is adjustable between 17.5-21.5, while some of the Reese hitches are only ~13-17.5.

Can anyone tell me the the height from the pin box mounting plate to the ground on a 377RLBH?

I believe with that, I should be able to determine what my hitch height will need to be.

Thanks!
The Reese Titan is a great choice. I have the 16k in my truck. It has adequate adjustment and seems to pull better than other designs. I replaced an older Reese Quik slide and can't believe the difference. Got mine for an even $1000 without the rails. You'll like the round slide tubes, ease of disassembly when removing from the truck, and simplicity of hitching and un-hitching.

Good luck with your new toys!
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

I also have the Reese Titan 16k slider and set at the lowest setting have good clearance on bed sides.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

I also would like to know the pin height. Our trailer is on order. The lowest setting I can do with my hitch is 50" I am wondering how much the truck will squat.
mwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #6

Mine went down about four inches. Use airbags so it now settled 1.5 to two inches where it rides good. Replaced my 315 tires back to stock to from FW about two more inches
Rock
Old 03-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #7

I measured mine. Since no one has answered the OPs question, the hitch height from ground to the the plate is 50"

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:40 AM   #8

I could only answer some of his questions since my new seven week old unit (I had for seven weeks) has now been at the dealer going on ten weeks getting PDI items repaired and now dealer lot damage repaired. Pin height is fine but is only half, he also needs where pin stops to bottom of Cap to set hitch for truck bed rail clearance. That is the measurement you need. That way u can say pin stops here in my hitch jaw and it is another so many inches to the bottom of cap to set initial height on hitch. I just discovered something yesterday. I have a roll up bed cover and the cover rail is about 1/2 inch above the bed rail. Even though I set my hitch with the standard recommended bed rail clearance at some point the pin box hit the cover rail and peeled off a piece of metal. Must of happened at a tight turn on an incline leaving a fuel stop on my last trip. I remember thinking why would u put such an incline leaving the road to enter this small truck stop. It was a straight shot in but leaving u had to turn entering back to the highway. So now I have something else beside truck cab to cap contact but will ensure to also watch a sharp turn on an incline or drop.
Rock.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 AM   #9

I have factory air bags. The top of my hitch is 6" below my bed rail. I can't find height dimensions of the Mor/Ryde pin box. I am wondering if that will leave me enough clearance above my bed rails or if I need to raise my hitch two more inches.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:12 PM   #10

mwelch
I just measured mine. Top of hitch level is 2 1/4 inches below my bed rail on my truck. I have the Reese Titan slider and it is on the lowest setting. How did u get your so much lower unless ur truck bed sides are way higher than mine. Mine are truck bed floor to top rail is 20 1/2 inches. You must have higher side rails. But that is irrevelant. Just set your hitch so the top saddle level is about two inches below the top side rails. This will give u a start point and clearance and go from there. I was also freaking out about mine since it was my first FW. I wish someone would of just said set the top saddle so many inches below the bed rail. All I got was pin heights level and everything else that just made it even harder to figure out. If u read my last post about hitting my roll up bed cover rail I just measured that and it is 1 inch above my bed rails. I will be replacing it soon and will get the new version where it is flat and same height as the bed. I carry stuff and it is nice to keep the bed covered and hitch out of the weather when not used
Rock
Old 03-31-2016, 03:32 PM   #11

My side rails are the same as yours. I have a 8 foot bed and don't need the slider hitch. I have the factory puck system and a Curt 20k hitch. It has adjustments from 13", 15" and 17". Thanks for all the info
Old 03-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
mwelch
I just measured mine. Top of hitch level is 2 1/4 inches below my bed rail on my truck. I have the Reese Titan slider and it is on the lowest setting. How did u get your so much lower unless ur truck bed sides are way higher than mine. Mine are truck bed floor to top rail is 20 1/2 inches. You must have higher side rails. But that is irrevelant. Just set your hitch so the top saddle level is about two inches below the top side rails. This will give u a start point and clearance and go from there. I was also freaking out about mine since it was my first FW. I wish someone would of just said set the top saddle so many inches below the bed rail. All I got was pin heights level and everything else that just made it even harder to figure out. If u read my last post about hitting my roll up bed cover rail I just measured that and it is 1 inch above my bed rails. I will be replacing it soon and will get the new version where it is flat and same height as the bed. I carry stuff and it is nice to keep the bed covered and hitch out of the weather when not used
Rock
What brand of tonneau cover? I'm probably going to have to take mine off, Truxedo LoPro QT, because it sticks up about an inch and extends inward a couple. I'd like to have a cover, but it seems options are limited w/o the framework interference.
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #13

Krusegroup
Mine is an older Agri-cover which is now Lorado. My kid just got one for his truck and the side rails are maybe 1/4 inch above his bed rails. That is there newer one. Yours is just like mine. As soon as mine bites the big one (probably soon) since it is going on eight years in Fl sun I will get there newer almost flush one. I put 303 protectant on it about ever 3-4 months. The tread holding the Velcro gave up but some industrial contact cement fixed that
Rock
Old 03-31-2016, 03:57 PM   #14

Thanks, I'll look into those. I LOVE my current cover, but I'm sure it will have to go!
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:26 PM   #15

I just installed Reese 16k, with Reese adapter mount kit for 2016 F250 with the factory puck system. I had the hitch in a 2005 F250. With the adapter kit I can definitely see that hitch is a lot higher due to the lift of the adapter kit it sits on. I had the hitch on its highest setting in the 2005. I'm guessing I'll drop a couple notches and test.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by radjayco View Post

Hey, out of curiosity, were you able to find a dually with a short bed? When I ordered mine, it was a resounding NO on the short bed. Not that I'm complaining, I love what the 8' bed can haul, but she's a beast going down the road!

I ordered the MOPAR 25k hitch, which, as I understand it, is a Curt head on a Reese set of legs. Got a MOPAR credit card, used it for the down payment of the truck, paid it off and used the points to knock 500 bucks off the price of the hitch. Works great with the fifth wheel prep.

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote