Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #11
Hi Hank,

I found these ideas for shoe storage and thought I'd share them with you. Not sure if they'll work.

The first one is a rack from Walmart. I thought it could sit up against the back of that kitchen cabinet wall right in front of the doorway, if there's room.

Lavish Home 3-Tier Blonde Wood Storage Shoe Rack - Walmart.com

There are a lot of different ones along the lines of that one. This is just an example of one.

I thought this next one may work better. It could be painted or stained to match the woodwork and hung with command strips so we wouldn't have to drill into anything.

15 - SFGate

Anyway, just some ideas. Also, I wanted to ask, whenever you have time, would you mind taking a measurement for me? I was wondering how deep the cabinets are on either side of the microwave? I wanted to try and find some dishes, but needed to know how big the plates could be. If you don't have time, I understand.

Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #12
Hi Lisa,

I like the shoe peg idea as I think there might be more room for something like that although we probably still need to keep ours hidden from the pooch.

The depth of the cabinets on each side of the microwave (facing it) are 8 inches deep on the bottom of the right - I think the command center stuff is behind there and 14 inches deep on the top right. The left side is 14 deep on both top and bottom.

I bought a Corelle set for the last camper (Midnight Garden) it has square plates and the largest is 10 1/4 inches. I keep them in the overheads above the sofa closest to the fridge with bowls and other Tupperware. I keep our Tervis tumblers and the toaster in the 8 in on the right and use the rest around the microwave for food storage except for the top which I can't reach. It works for now but we've only taken one trip with the new camper.

Hope that helps.
Linda (Hank's wife)

2016 Eagle HT 27.5RLTS
2015 GMC 2500HD CCSB 6.0/4.10
2012 Jayco Jayflight 22FB (Traded in)
2012 Chevy Silverado 5.3 (Traded in)
hankb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #13
Hi Linda!

Thank you so much for all the information. I sure do appreciate it! It's funny, because I had already looked at those Corelle dishes. They look really nice. I was wondering if the square plates would turn in the microwave?

I saw that cupboard above the microwave and figured I wouldn't be able to reach it either. I guess we'll either have to bring something to stand on or put stuff up there that we don't need very often.

Thank you again for the information. So kind of you to take the time to do that for me. Happy and safe travels to you both!

Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote