Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #1

2016 Jayco pinnacle 36 Reqs( picking mine up Jan 14) check in

Hey guys picking up our new 36 reqs pinnacle, just seeing who has one, what's some issues and how everyone liking theirs!!
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #2

We have the FBTS but, would have been equally happy with the REQS. Congratulations on the new unit!
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:58 AM   #3

Welcome to Jayco forum and don't forget pics.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #4

Very exciting, congratulations! Our RSQS was ordered on December 14th. Can you tell me what your turn around time was?? Dealer says we should expect delivery the end of February/
rinkside7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #5

ordered mine on 10-26-15, told me it would be done at the end of Dec but with the holidays the dealership wouldn't get it till Jan 11. We are excited moving up from a 2011 Eagle.
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

We have a 2015 FBTS. So far just minor stuff wrong. Mostly inside fit and finish stuff. Only thing I am disappointed with is the access doors in the basement area. If you need to get to the water filter or a few drains they are behind a screwed flimsy panel. Once I had them off I was shocked what it looked like behind it. They just threw all the wires plumbing and duct work in there. Looks like a bomb went off.
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #7

Picking ours up tomorrow. Unffortunately the 60 and 70 degree temps we have been have been enjoying here in the northeast will drop to around 35 tomorrow with a chance of evening snow. I hope we get out of there before then.
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #8

Hi Spanky1...can you tell me where in the northeast you purchased your pinnacle? We live on long island but we ordered ours through Rhones in Pennsylvania.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkside7 View Post
Hi Spanky1...can you tell me where in the northeast you purchased your pinnacle? We live on long island but we ordered ours through Rhones in Pennsylvania.
I ordered mine thru RVOne and it was delivered to Albany RV. Its about 200 miles from me. I went up and looked at it before I finished my paperwork last week. Tomorrow is my official PDI and pickup so it will take a few hours.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #10

Good luck tomorrow ...are you staying up there for a few days? let us know how it all turned out!
Old 12-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #11

Unfortunately we are coming right back. Forecast had a chance of snow there overnight so I want to get out before then. Butt cheeks will be tight enough pulling something this big for the first time through toll booths. At 8'6" wide its wider than my cargo trailer.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
I ordered mine thru RVOne and it was delivered to Albany RV. Its about 200 miles from me. I went up and looked at it before I finished my paperwork last week. Tomorrow is my official PDI and pickup so it will take a few hours.
Hi Spanky...Whitesboro NY here. How did you enjoy dealing with AlbanyRV? I attempted back in June to work with them on our new Jayco purchase. I felt more annoyed than anything else at the extremely "cocky" salesman. I ended up going to Seven O's in Kirkville near Syracuse. I had purchased our last TT from their Cicero location and they were more than willing to work with me and beat out AlbanyRV on the final purchase price.

Best of luck during your PDI tomorrow!

Where do you camp? Anywhere in the CNY region?
Old 12-31-2015, 07:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
Hi Spanky...Whitesboro NY here. How did you enjoy dealing with AlbanyRV? I attempted back in June to work with them on our new Jayco purchase. I felt more annoyed than anything else at the extremely "cocky" salesman. I ended up going to Seven O's in Kirkville near Syracuse. I had purchased our last TT from their Cicero location and they were more than willing to work with me and beat out AlbanyRV on the final purchase price.

Best of luck during your PDI tomorrow!

Where do you camp? Anywhere in the CNY region?
Had a number of fit and finish issues that I can handle myself and cdrtainly would put more care into doing it right. I got the impression they dont think much of people who ordered thru RV One. Guess they make a lot more from folks walking in off the street. The PDI/Demo was more of just a demo to them. As I started writing down all the things we noticed the demo slowed considerably. There was an issue with the inverter but I took the rig anyway since it would be repaired later. Had a chance today to play around with it and took the inverter remote panel off and plugged it directly into the inverter and it worked. Bingo, bad data wire. Made another one up and dropped it down into the belly. All is working fine now.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:51 PM   #14

Its a great feeling when you trouble shoot and fix a rather complex problem on your own.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote