Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2016, 05:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
What make and model 5th do you have? I checked our pinnacle as per your instructions. Braces look in tack, no bends, welds look good, no signs of trauma. What did your's look like?
Here's the thread of the bending supports. I know it's about NorthPoints but the pinnacle is built the same.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lse-35795.html
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Here's the thread of the bending supports. I know it's about NorthPoints but the pinnacle is built the same.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lse-35795.html
Klassic, that is great information. Thank you. I forwarded this link to our Jayco dealer to what he thought. Will keep you posted.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #23

Had the same slide issue on mine. After messing with it finally started working correctly. Dealer ran it numerous times and did the voltage checks and motors were good. So far no more problems but I do hold the switch and count to five when it stops. U can hear the motors re sync several times. I called Jayco about the level question. I was told level first is recommended but if u have a problem run slides first if that works better for you than level last. So no good answer there. Look into your wheel wells and u will see the three frame supports. Ours are welded and bolted but the bottom edge is rolled 90 degrees to help stiffen. Keep an eye on them. I have posted that I have sealed with silicone all seams and staples in the wheel wells and bottom inside edge of slides. U can take your fingers and push up on the black covering in the wheel well and frame and along the metal rock guard. That is ur floor area . Driving in rain ur wheel well area is like being sprayed with a fire hose. All that water is pushing in under along the frame. That is your floor bottom that is just covered by the black material. Ur slide is above that and all the weight is on the floor right above the frame outriggers. AZ has the same model and he has driven many miles in hard rain. He now has floor waterdamage he can see inside and bent outriggers. The only way water gets in is from a fridge leak or from the wheel wells. He noticed the vinyl floor bubbling and a soft spot by fridge than found the bent supports. He ran a moisture guage under the frame and it went off scale by the bent support and soft floor
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:12 PM   #24

I had the same problem on mine and it would bind after just coming in. I also found the video where you run it until it binds, briefly extend, then fully retract. After doing this I tested it twice a day for a week in our driveway plus have camped several times and no issues since then.

The 2 tips I've found are:

1. Always fully extend or retract and never stop in the middle.
2. Hold button in for 5 seconds after the motors stop making any noises.

My dealer said people not doing the above cause 90% of the schwintech problems.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Had the same slide issue on mine. After messing with it finally started working correctly. Dealer ran it numerous times and did the voltage checks and motors were good. So far no more problems but I do hold the switch and count to five when it stops. U can hear the motors re sync several times. I called Jayco about the level question. I was told level first is recommended but if u have a problem run slides first if that works better for you than level last. So no good answer there. Look into your wheel wells and u will see the three frame supports. Ours are welded and bolted but the bottom edge is rolled 90 degrees to help stiffen. Keep an eye on them. I have posted that I have sealed with silicone all seams and staples in the wheel wells and bottom inside edge of slides. U can take your fingers and push up on the black covering in the wheel well and frame and along the metal rock guard. That is ur floor area . Driving in rain ur wheel well area is like being sprayed with a fire hose. All that water is pushing in under along the frame. That is your floor bottom that is just covered by the black material. Ur slide is above that and all the weight is on the floor right above the frame outriggers. AZ has the same model and he has driven many miles in hard rain. He now has floor waterdamage he can see inside and bent outriggers. The only way water gets in is from a fridge leak or from the wheel wells. He noticed the vinyl floor bubbling and a soft spot by fridge than found the bent supports. He ran a moisture guage under the frame and it went off scale by the bent support and soft floor
Yea, no one told us about holding the switch until it stops. Our previous fw, an Eagle, slides were hydraulic. As soon as the grinding started, I would stop, fearing that I would damage slide.

When we starting having problems, I did some research and found out the Schwintek slides are very, very different. We have had one trip out with our pinnacle and that is when we had our issues. You can bet I will be holding the the extend/retract button for 5 seconds or more after the motors stop.j

Thanks for the heads up about the supports in the wheel well. I would never have thought about that. They are good now but I will keep an eye on them. I think I will do some silicone sealing myself.

Now that I know how to get my slide motors back into sync, I think I am emboldened to do some experimenting with what works best, with automatic leveling or no automatic leveling.

Hoping now that I have reset my slide that some of my issues will be behind me.

So great to get the experiences of everyone here. Thanks so much.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
I had the same problem on mine and it would bind after just coming in. I also found the video where you run it until it binds, briefly extend, then fully retract. After doing this I tested it twice a day for a week in our driveway plus have camped several times and no issues since then.

The 2 tips I've found are:

1. Always fully extend or retract and never stop in the middle.
2. Hold button in for 5 seconds after the motors stop making any noises.

My dealer said people not doing the above cause 90% of the schwintech problems.
Thanks estesbubba. After getting things working yesterday, I tested it 4 times in the driveway. I too will likely be doing more tests until our next trip out in a week and a half.

Once bitten, twice shy. You can bet I will be very careful to hold the button down well after the motors stop.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:42 PM   #27

Kitchen Side slide binding again

Ok, after resetting the slide controller yesterday, everything was good. Ran the slide in and out 4 times. No hiccups. Motors sounded great.

Went out to test it tonight. As the slide was coming in, one side binded and stopped again. I was able to bring it in using the technique described in the video above.

Did I miss something after resetting the controller? We put the controller in manual mode and extended and retracted it. In fact we did it 4 times. Tonight, things are back to the way they were yesterday.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #28

U might have a weak motor and it will keep going out of sync. The dealer can check that. They thought I had one but did not. Mine will re sync everytime I move it u can hear when it stops it makes noise at least once. Jayco should be using the new 500-1 motors and steel shafts to move the big slides. I am concerned about opening slides and than leveling because of the bracket issue. If the slide is open and u level u have way more weight out over the bracket. When the frame starts to move and twist with the jacks the brackets are being way overloaded
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
U might have a weak motor and it will keep going out of sync. The dealer can check that. They thought I had one but did not. Mine will re sync everytime I move it u can hear when it stops it makes noise at least once. Jayco should be using the new 500-1 motors and steel shafts to move the big slides. I am concerned about opening slides and than leveling because of the bracket issue. If the slide is open and u level u have way more weight out over the bracket. When the frame starts to move and twist with the jacks the brackets are being way overloaded
Thanks Rock. That could be it. I also found an another version of how to reset the controller. Here are both below. Version 2 has a step to reset the controller out of manual mode and reset the motors. Yesterday I used version 1. Notice it is missing the last step of version 2 (green). Just a few minutes ago, I did version 2 with the additional step. Will check tomorrow to see if that was the missing ingredient.

I also agree with you. Don't want to put more stress on the brackets than we need too.

Will keep you posted as to whether that solves my problem.

Version 1
1. Electronic Manual Override (available on board revision C1
and newer):
A. Locate the circuit board.
B. Press the “mode button” six times quickly, then
press a seventh time and hold for approximately five
seconds (Fig. 1).
C. The red and green LED lights will begin to flash,
confirming the override mode.
D. Release mode button.
E. Back inside coach; use the normal slide control
switch to retract the room.

Version 2
Electronic Manual Override (Controllers C-1 and C-2 Only) NOTE: See (Fig. 5) for locations of the mode button and LEDs.
1. Press the mode button on the controller six times and hold on the seventh for five seconds to enter electronic manual override mode.
2. Use the extend/retract switch to move both motors in or out.
NOTE: Over-current and short circuit detection are disabled. Electronic manual override provides 12V directly to both motors.
3. To exit the mode, push and hold the mode button until the LEDs begin to blink simultaneously. Exiting the override mode resets the motor positions
Old 06-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #30

Make sure you don't forget this step when resetting controller

Just wanted to let everyone who has a Schwintek slide and need to synchronize the motors that that there is an important final step that needs to be completed.

Failure to complete this last step, will have the slide resorting back to the same behavior that motivated you to reset the controller.

Warning: The Schwintek slide instructions to put into manual mode varies from pdf to pdf. Below is an example of the instructions I in two different pdfs.

When I completed the version 1 instructions, although the slide performed perfectly while in manual mode. It later reverted back to the problem binding behavior.

However, when I followed the version 2 instructions, my binding issue went away. The key to the solution is the last, bolded step in version 2.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Version 1
1. Electronic Manual Override (available on board revision C1
and newer):
A. Locate the circuit board.
B. Press the “mode button” six times quickly, then
press a seventh time and hold for approximately five
seconds (Fig. 1).
C. The red and green LED lights will begin to flash,
confirming the override mode.
D. Release mode button.
E. Back inside coach; use the normal slide control
switch to retract the room.

Version 2
Electronic Manual Override (Controllers C-1 and C-2 Only) NOTE: See (Fig. 5) for locations of the mode button and LEDs.
1. Press the mode button on the controller six times and hold on the seventh for five seconds to enter electronic manual override mode.
2. Use the extend/retract switch to move both motors in or out.
NOTE: Over-current and short circuit detection are disabled. Electronic manual override provides 12V directly to both motors.
3. To exit the mode, push and hold the mode button until the LEDs begin to blink simultaneously. Exiting the override mode resets the motor positions
Old 06-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #31
Site Team

Thanks for following thru with the procedure. You came here with a problem and got it resolved. Now we all get to benefit from your experience.

That's the best thing about this forum.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #32

This an interesting thread...............after a year of issues with our slide here is the result
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1464813749
We experienced everything concerning this slide.
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205514424_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
This an interesting thread...............after a year of issues with our slide here is the result
From that picture, it looks like you are not done.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 06-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #34

Quote:
So sorry to hear and see your troubles. I hope Jayco is treating you right. That is very scary to see. Don't expect these kind of problems with new coaches.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Thanks for following thru with the procedure. You came here with a problem and got it resolved. Now we all get to benefit from your experience.

That's the best thing about this forum.
Thanks Norty1. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did in solving the issue if it hadn't been from folks who freely gave of their time to post possible solutions for me. Got me headed in the right direction and I truly appreciated that.

Great place to seek help and give back when you can.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #36

Quote:
I am the SO of loboclone. What loboclone didn't mention was that everything that others have mentioned on this forum also happened to our slide, i.e. the binding, the resetting, the in and out to sync the slide, the pushing on slide to help it go in and out etc., the problem was always on the side with the residential fridge. The end result was, as you can see in the picture, when it finally couldn't hold it anymore and sheared the upper brackets. The fix, according to Jayco engineers, is to upgrade it to 500 :1 slide motors with the upgraded rollers and outriggers. We will see if it is the final fix. It should also be noted that we have traveled for months in our rv and that the problem probably showed itself a lot faster than it would have if we had just used it on weekends or vacations. So beware, this issue could also be on your horizon......
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
I am the SO of loboclone. What loboclone didn't mention was that everything that others have mentioned on this forum also happened to our slide, i.e. the binding, the resetting, the in and out to sync the slide, the pushing on slide to help it go in and out etc., the problem was always on the side with the residential fridge. The end result was, as you can see in the picture, when it finally couldn't hold it anymore and sheared the upper brackets. The fix, according to Jayco engineers, is to upgrade it to 500 :1 slide motors with the upgraded rollers and brackets. We will see if it is the final fix. It should also be noted that we have traveled for months in our rv and that the problem probably showed itself a lot faster than it would have if we had just used it on weekends or vacations. So beware, this issue could also be on your horizon......
Welcome to JOF. I know you will keep Loboclone posts honest! LOL

Please when any members talk about your slides, make note of what type you have. I can see that yours is a Schwintec from pictures and descriptions. Some get confused because there are many different types of slide arrangements and the procedures are different.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 06-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #38

Thanks for clarifying the type of slide system we have. I don't normally do the forums but I just wanted to give others a heads up. We had it in for repairs 3 times, always being told that nothing was wrong, until the slide finally sheared the top brackets.
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
Thanks for clarifying the type of slide system we have. I don't normally do the forums but I just wanted to give others a heads up. We had it in for repairs 3 times, always being told that nothing was wrong, until the slide finally sheared the top brackets.
Your welcome, No criticism of your post but it is a problem when talking generally about something specific.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #40

Proactive Course of Action

We are continuing to experience syncing issues with our kitchen slide. Given some of the experiences shared in this thread. The most recent post by Sassy Lass confirms in my mind that I will pursue having the motors replaced on our slide at the end of our camping season.

I have already initiated conversation with our local dealer about this. Will keep everyone posted.

The last time I reset the controller, it worked for several times in our driveway. Just before heading out on our last trip, the slide got out of sync once again.

I plan on tracking every time it goes out sync so I can present it to our dealer and Jayco.

I would love to hear if anyone had the motors replaced with 500:1 motors and how their slides are performing after that.

Tags
schwin