Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #41

knock on wood I have not had a problem with my swintek slide on the kichen of our 2016 Pinnacle FBTS , but I did check and my slide supports are bending, we have the gas/ electric fridge. I called my dealer today and he was going to call Jayco.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #42
DAD

the controller is under half bath vanity
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
the controller is under half bath vanity
Thanks Dad, we did find it just where you described. It is certainly not easy to access. I can't fit under so my poor wife had to crawl in.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #44

If you take the cover off it is a lot easier to see and access the reset button!! 4 little black screws and viola!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes View Post
If you take the cover off it is a lot easier to see and access the reset button!! 4 little black screws and viola!
Thanks for the tip Fingerlakes. Will have to try that next time.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #46

I have a 2015 Jayco 4212 with 2 Schwintek slides. The small bedroom slide has no problem. The large slide with fridge has been a PAIN since day 1 and that seems to be true for all the large Schwintek slides even other Manufacturer's according to what I've read. Mine has been in the shop for 4 month's. They told me 2 weeks ago it was ready I went and had them work slide in and out well it worked once and jammed. Spoke to them today still waiting on parts. My gut is telling me its 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag and it's contantly going to be broken. If and when I get it back and it breaks again I will take it back to the Jayco Factory.
lancesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesr View Post
I have a 2015 Jayco 4212 with 2 Schwintek slides. The small bedroom slide has no problem. The large slide with fridge has been a PAIN since day 1 and that seems to be true for all the large Schwintek slides even other Manufacturer's according to what I've read. Mine has been in the shop for 4 month's. They told me 2 weeks ago it was ready I went and had them work slide in and out well it worked once and jammed. Spoke to them today still waiting on parts. My gut is telling me its 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag and it's contantly going to be broken. If and when I get it back and it breaks again I will take it back to the Jayco Factory.
Jayco service in Middlebury is now booked thru October 2016, I just checked.
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #48

Yes My 2015 4212 Slide looked the same. Unfortunately using the SCHWINTEK on a slide this heavy is exceeding the weight limits of the SCHWINTEK mechanism. So unless they are reducing the vertical weight load applied to the SCHWINTEK mechanism ( adding rollers will not ) the problem will keep re-occuring as it has. All RV manufactures that use this SCHWINTEK mechanism on a large slide are experiencing the same issue. Some have done the right thing and retrofitted with the proper slide Mech that handles that size slide but as of yet JAYCO has not. SCHWINTEK has released a new slide that is being used on large slides now.It has 2 rails on top and 1 on bottom. This is probably the only remedy that will permanently fix our issue.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #49

We have a 2016 Designer with the same slides. Our kitchen slide (with residential fridge) will come in a little, stop, come in a little more, stop, it will do this at least 3 or 4 times before the slide is all the way in. I just wonder how many times it will do this before it totally quits working. Has any one tried the new motors yet? Are they any better? Thank goodness we have a two year warranty.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #50

Any RV Manufacturer that is using The SCHWINTEK on a large slide is having repetitive issue's. What happens after 2 year's. My Unit been in shop 4 Months with a 2 month wait to get in the shop. 1|4 of my warranty is gone with no RV usage. If the problem was fixed I wouldn't care but Jayco is just putting out fires waiting for the warranty to expire. Try and trade our RV (lemon) in when no one wants a SCHWINTEK slide. I no my next unit won't have a SCHWINTEK slide.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:59 AM   #51

Same problem here on my 3week old unit going to the shop on Thursday . but the way it sounds I will be dealing with it for a long time
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #52

Controller

I have a 355MBQS model. The kitchen controller is next to the fridge in a small cupboard. It's protected by a removable panel. Took some searching to find it.
hunter444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #53

I have had our motors replaced 3 times. I have had similar synching issues and was ready to pull my hair out with this system. But all is great now. On my last trip we had the rear motor jump out of it's keyed position. I had lots trouble getting it back in. It just wouldn't line up and drop back into place. I even tried moving the slide to different positions but the screws on the bottom of the motor would not line up with the holes and if they did the keyed spline would be out of alignment. By using a bottle jack and a 2x4 I was able to raise that end of the slide which made it possible for everything to drop into place. So if this ever happens to you, and the motor won't line up again try what I did. Hope this helps.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #54
mev

mev

I have a 2015 35 tsts with 2 schwin tec slides the big one continuus to jam.Of course Jayco would do anything about it and dealer doesn't know nothing

HELP
I have travelled less than 10,00 km, I have had four blowouts, done severe damage cuase of blowouts, lest blowout ripped out lippert jack levelling motor, witch Jayco says I am on my own, The slide pretty well jams out everytime I use it. The electronic door look never did work. Had a Jayco Grey Hawk, brand new, generator never did work, nor the rear camera
JAYCO IS DEFINITELY NOT NUMBER !
mev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mev View Post
I have a 2015 35 tsts with 2 schwin tec slides the big one continuus to jam.Of course Jayco would do anything about it and dealer doesn't know nothing

HELP
I have travelled less than 10,00 km, I have had four blowouts, done severe damage cuase of blowouts, lest blowout ripped out lippert jack levelling motor, witch Jayco says I am on my own, The slide pretty well jams out everytime I use it. The electronic door look never did work. Had a Jayco Grey Hawk, brand new, generator never did work, nor the rear camera
JAYCO IS DEFINITELY NOT NUMBER !
Was that the four OE tires that failed? I took off my China bombs as soon as I got the trailer and replaced them with S637's. New tires are cheaper than a repair after a tire fails.

My Schwintek slides haven't been an issue although the kitchen one squeaks some and it gets lubed. The forward roller is rusting from water thrown up against it.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #56
DAD

schwintek slide

my schwinteck slide with the residential refer has been a constant problem. I have travelled across the country twice, touring the Jayco dealers. The real problem is with the dealers. They seem to not be aware of all the problems I see on the forum over and over. I have no problem with Jayco, I have been taken care of every time I have called. Unfortunatly I have had 22 different problems. Two are unresolved after two years, and eleven I had to fix myself, because the dealers are always booked out a month. Some of these repairs were not minor. I have an appointment at the factory oct 23. I have had this appointment for 6 months. Also warranty expired 6 months ago. Slide and roof. I will post after. The industy can not seem to keep help, After making an appointment at 3 different dealers, when I arrived they no longer work there. Fourth customer service rep at Jayco in two years.
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #57

slimrack slide

I feel your pain, I have a 2017 36FBTS, on the fridge / TV slide, its a slimrack slide by Lippert, the slide motor locked up after maiden voyage. I couldn't pop the motor up out of the key way so they sent a tech out to rv park which didn't have a new motor. Then they couldn't find a new one so they had to overnight it. when the motor arrived the techs couldn't find the controller to time the slide, so I got rid of them and started looking myself, found under sink cabinet in 1/2 bath. The slide was seriously out of sync. New controller without button, i had to call Lippert on that one, stayed on hold for them 45 minutes. the tech had me function the slide 3 times out and 3 times in, holding the button until the light blinked on controller. He said it was a self resetting controller with no manual mode. Anyway, its been a horror show at the beginning but I've since slid this slide in and out and its been working like a champ.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:21 AM   #58

Hidden slideout controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Hi All,

I have a brand new 2016 Jayco Pinnacle. The schwintek slide on the kitchen side ( carries fridge, entertainment system, fireplace) is binding when I retract the slide.

When retracting the slide, it stops after about 6 inches on the fridge side. The other side continues for a few more seconds before stopping. I am able to give it a push on the fridge side so that I can get it started again. Once it starts again, it will finish.

I put out the slides after leveling. I make sure I depress the extend/retract buttons until the slide motors completely stop to keep both motors in sync.

I am unable to locate the location of the slide controller. Can anyone help me find the controller to further diagnose the problem?

Thanks
VivusCraig - I feel your pain. Our new rig has the very same issue - the kitchen slide got stuck yesterday when I took it out to go camping. Luckily we weren't on the road. Being new at all this, I took the following steps:

* Rig hooked to tow vehicle (mostly level) - landing gear UP.
* Kitchen slide out extended, then bound up/locked up with one end offset by 8".
* Depressing kitchen slide button did nothing. No noise/sound/movement.
* Other slides worked fine, lights on, power not an issue.
* Attempted secondary option, One Control panel for remote slide - same result/no joy.
* Referred to Jayco owners manual, checked primary fuse box, reset all breakers and light GREEN - looked OK.
* Searched everywhere for slide out controller board - couldn't find it! LCI (Lippert) 4 point landing gear controller in basement on ceiling - nothing else.
* Called Jayco Tech Hotline - They suggested basement, access panel in basement, battery compartment - no joy - still MIA. I even checked behind the control panel (black cardboard w/switches and some LEDs) - only the One Control box and a small fuse box.
* Called Camping World service department - they said same thing -no joy.
* Since I couldn't find the controller board to do a manual override, I left it in that condition and parked it in storage. I didn't want to disconnect the motors and manually slide it in. I didn't have a board to keep it in place, so it doesn't slide around like someone's kitchen drawer later.
* After parking it/disconnecting, I leveled it, put shore power on it and still nothing. I suspect the motor(s) are bound or out of sync and stuck like that.

All that said, does anyone happen to know where they hid the controller? I can't get the rig into Camping World for service for a month.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
VivusCraig - I feel your pain. Our new rig has the very same issue - the kitchen slide got stuck yesterday when I took it out to go camping. Luckily we weren't on the road. Being new at all this, I took the following steps:

* Rig hooked to tow vehicle (mostly level) - landing gear UP.
* Kitchen slide out extended, then bound up/locked up with one end offset by 8".
* Depressing kitchen slide button did nothing. No noise/sound/movement.
* Other slides worked fine, lights on, power not an issue.
* Attempted secondary option, One Control panel for remote slide - same result/no joy.
* Referred to Jayco owners manual, checked primary fuse box, reset all breakers and light GREEN - looked OK.
* Searched everywhere for slide out controller board - couldn't find it! LCI (Lippert) 4 point landing gear controller in basement on ceiling - nothing else.
* Called Jayco Tech Hotline - They suggested basement, access panel in basement, battery compartment - no joy - still MIA. I even checked behind the control panel (black cardboard w/switches and some LEDs) - only the One Control box and a small fuse box.
* Called Camping World service department - they said same thing -no joy.
* Since I couldn't find the controller board to do a manual override, I left it in that condition and parked it in storage. I didn't want to disconnect the motors and manually slide it in. I didn't have a board to keep it in place, so it doesn't slide around like someone's kitchen drawer later.
* After parking it/disconnecting, I leveled it, put shore power on it and still nothing. I suspect the motor(s) are bound or out of sync and stuck like that.

All that said, does anyone happen to know where they hid the controller? I can't get the rig into Camping World for service for a month.
Hey PackerBacker TX, so sorry to hear about your slide issues. It can be pretty stressful. I have a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. My controller ended up being under the cabinet in our half bath. We have had to reset it at least 3 times. My poor wife has to do the work. I can't fit under the cabinet at all. Such a poor choice of location. We however have found that if we can reset it, we can bring in the slide.

Having said that, after we took our pinnacle in for service, they found one of our motors was not completely connected. They made a solid connection. Since they did it, we have not had an issue. Now, we have only been out twice since the repair so it is not much of a test.

Good luck finding your controller.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #60

vivusCraig
On another issue. How much clearance do you have on your kitchen slide when closed between your tire sidewall and slide? Mine is at Jayco service getting repaired for left rear tire wearing on slide. Same unit same year.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schwin