Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
vivusCraig
On another issue. How much clearance do you have on your kitchen slide when closed between your tire sidewall and slide? Mine is at Jayco service getting repaired for left rear tire wearing on slide. Same unit same year.
Rock
Hey Rock,
Will check when I get home. Camping this weekend in Belle Isle State Park in Virginia. Taking advantage of some nice fall weather here.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #62

Ok thanks. Nice time of year to camp, not much time left to do that.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #63

ok, Rock, just got home and measured. About 3 1/8 inches between side wall and kitchen slide. How much clearance did you have?
Old 10-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #64

When I hit a bump and the tire goes up the tire outside sidewall rubs on the slide lower inside lip. So if u could push your tire straight up with slide closed you would have over three inches!!!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 06:26 PM   #65

Quote:
When I hit a bump and the tire goes up the tire outside sidewall rubs on the slide lower inside lip. So if u could push your tire straight up with slide closed you would have over three inches!!!!!
Haven't yet been an issue for me. Doesn't sound good though.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #66

Waiting for a phone call back from my second voicemail and two emails on what they are doing to fix this.
U also might want to check out your rollers. The slide when closed puts a lot of weight on the rollers. I believe the rubing of my roller bracket was caused when my two outriggers bent down. That let the overhanging floor bend down. Pretty sure that extra weight is what bent the bolt inside the roller dropping it down some. My unit had the outrigger with the L bend for more support. Get a flashlight and look up at the very forward outrigger right by your center jack on the FBTS.
Rock
Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #67

Thanks Rock, will do that. I will see this with the slide open? Is that right? That slide has been a concern since we purchased the Jayco. I always hold my breath every time I bring it in. We are looking at going full time next spring with it. Not feeling really confident in it.

Just replaced my china bombs with Good Year Endurance tires. They seem to grip the road better.

Appreciate the heads up.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #68

U do not need to open the slide to see the outriggers. They support the floor above your tires that is way wider than the frame. The three forward ones are the ones bending down. The very front one u cannot see. U must lay under by ur center jack and look up at it with a flashlight. It is forward of your wheel well and up inside that metal wrap cowling. It is a longer one and mine bent way down at the end. Did not hear a thing back today. So tomorrow I will burn up there phone an email.
Rock
Old 10-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #69

I got the Goodyear G rated tires as an option that take 110 psi they come with different high pressure rims. It is a taller tire and different size than stock. Might be part of the cause of tire rub.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:14 PM   #70

Quote:
U do not need to open the slide to see the outriggers. They support the floor above your tires that is way wider than the frame. The three forward ones are the ones bending down. The very front one u cannot see. U must lay under by ur center jack and look up at it with a flashlight. It is forward of your wheel well and up inside that metal wrap cowling. It is a longer one and mine bent way down at the end. Did not hear a thing back today. So tomorrow I will burn up there phone an email.
Rock
Thanks Rock. I checked the outriggers and they seem to be fine. Even the one by the center jack that you need a flashlight for. Hope you get your issues taken care of. That is so frustrating.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Hi All,

I have a brand new 2016 Jayco Pinnacle. The schwintek slide on the kitchen side ( carries fridge, entertainment system, fireplace) is binding when I retract the slide.

When retracting the slide, it stops after about 6 inches on the fridge side. The other side continues for a few more seconds before stopping. I am able to give it a push on the fridge side so that I can get it started again. Once it starts again, it will finish.

I put out the slides after leveling. I make sure I depress the extend/retract buttons until the slide motors completely stop to keep both motors in sync.

I am unable to locate the location of the slide controller. Can anyone help me find the controller to further diagnose the problem?

I have seen that these slides appear to be problematic in the forums. I would appreciate anything anyone can share on this topic.

It is under warranty. The dealer will be ordering a new motor for the troublesome side of the slide but I am not sure how long that will take.

Thanks
I also have a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS and am having the exact problem you talk about.
I will be looking for a reply to your post, as I am in deep dodo as what to do about it.
It appears that the large slide out is much too heavy for the small schwintek motors.
When the slide out extends fully it does have enough power to pull its self back in.
The local jayco dealer doesn't have any interest in working on it, since I purchased it from the original owner, and not them.

Thank you,
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #72

Mine was doing the same thing. When extending I'd have to push on the slow side the whole time and the opposite side when retracting. When the fast side seated the slow side would catch up.

I then found something about pushing the button towards the extend 2x after extending it out completely, supposed to make the controller reset its sync info. I've only run it in and out twice since but it is working normally again.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #73

Schwintek Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Hey PackerBacker TX, so sorry to hear about your slide issues. It can be pretty stressful. I have a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. My controller ended up being under the cabinet in our half bath. We have had to reset it at least 3 times. My poor wife has to do the work. I can't fit under the cabinet at all. Such a poor choice of location. We however have found that if we can reset it, we can bring in the slide.

Having said that, after we took our pinnacle in for service, they found one of our motors was not completely connected. They made a solid connection. Since they did it, we have not had an issue. Now, we have only been out twice since the repair so it is not much of a test.

Good luck finding your controller.
@Craig - We took the rig to Camping World for service. It took 3 months over the winter (Oct/Nov/Dec) for them to "fix" it. The mechanic told me the controller board for the Schwintek slideout was on the other side of the battery disconnect, in the pass through on the driver's side - next to the dual propane tanks. It's not marked, nor have I had to validate it yet but that's what I was told should I need to access it. Fortunately the slideouts have been working fine since.

I do have to fidget with the LCI 4pt auto level now and then - I just reset calibrate to zero when it's connected to the truck as all 4 legs are up.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Burgess View Post
I also have a 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS and am having the exact problem you talk about.
I will be looking for a reply to your post, as I am in deep dodo as what to do about it.
It appears that the large slide out is much too heavy for the small schwintek motors.
When the slide out extends fully it does have enough power to pull its self back in.
The local jayco dealer doesn't have any interest in working on it, since I purchased it from the original owner, and not them.

Thank you,
Bill Burgess
Hi Bill,
I have struggled with this issue for the two years I have owned my Pinnacle. I did find a way of resetting the slide that allowed me to continue to use it.
When the slide stops coming in or going out you will need to reset it.

How to reset: When the slide stops , release the button. Reverse the direction for a few seconds. Now try to bring it in or out whatever you were doing when it stopped. I have never had this method fail me.

However, recently, I had to reset it every time I used it. I brought it to the dealers and they ended up replacing both motors. I have used it 5 or 6 times since and it has worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:39 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
@Craig - We took the rig to Camping World for service. It took 3 months over the winter (Oct/Nov/Dec) for them to "fix" it. The mechanic told me the controller board for the Schwintek slideout was on the other side of the battery disconnect, in the pass through on the driver's side - next to the dual propane tanks. It's not marked, nor have I had to validate it yet but that's what I was told should I need to access it. Fortunately the slideouts have been working fine since.

I do have to fidget with the LCI 4pt auto level now and then - I just reset calibrate to zero when it's connected to the truck as all 4 legs are up.
Thanks for the update Packerbacker. Glad you aren't having any more slide issues. How did you reset your LCI 4pt? I recently had an issue and with the LCI and the dealership reset it. They were supposed to show me how but never did. Would appreciate any hints you could provide.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #76

This is what the factory service center added to slide bottom which has seen to help make the slide more easier. The new leaf springs and heavier morride rubber block lifted the Rv another two inches and fixed the tire outside rub on slide
Rock
Attached Thumbnails
EB7024CE-3243-4158-80ED-BE5F91EFF6D7.jpg   696295D3-1355-43E0-98AE-0CCF5950E0F0.jpg  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #77

Go to the LCI app or website they have troubleshooting guide on 3.0 level system. How to rezero and reset the system. Have had to do mine twice. U also might consider getting two class 8 bolts 7/16 x4 inch to install in the hole just below the lock pin on landing gear. After reading about some toy haulers shearing pins and dropping Front I got some for safety.
And when I went to install noticed I did not ensure pin was all the way out otherside. My fault, used bottle jack to raise front and fully seat pin. That was an accident in waiting.

Rock
Old 05-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #78

I love what they did with your slide Rock.
I really wish I had this done. It makes total sense to not have the rollers digging in.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:45 AM   #79

Klassic,
Should be standard. Or all the floors should be a hard composite like I have seen on other makes. Seen them pads on other brands along with two upper tracks. But it appears the slim rack has fixed the issue.
Rock
Old 05-31-2018, 11:12 AM   #80

slide out follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Burgess View Post

Thank you,
Bill Burgess
Hello fellow members.
I have read several posts on this site as to what to do about a slide out hanging up.
What I have done so far is to raise the rear and center landing pads, and just have the front jacks down, as some one has suggested. I also removed all the screws exposing the rollers and have lubricated them as suggested and have had rather good luck retracting my main slide out in. It appears that when the center stabilizers are down when attempting to retract the slide out in there is a binding effect on the rollers. Someone mentioned in a post here that when these unit are moved thru the assembly line only the front jack pads are down. I have noticed when the center stabilizers are being put down that the center on the frame is flexing some. Anyway I have been somewhat successful at moving my slide in when the center stabilizers are still retracted.
Hopefully this action may help some others trying to retract the large kitchen slide to retract in.
Thank you all for your help and posts.
Bill Burgess
Bend Oregon
36KPTS
Bill Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schwin