Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #1

Angry 2016 North Point 377RLBH Sooo many problems

We just picked up our new North Point. Got home and have found numerous issues....the lock for the fridge is not lined up and won't lock, the pantry door, bedroom door and bathroom door are not hinged right and fly open when driving down the road, the front LED lights do not come on, when you turn on the lower accent lights in any room they come on in all the rooms, the 2nd awning just drops the fabric and the arms do not come out, when you slide in the dining area slide the carpet rolls up against the island and gets creased, when you open the dining area slide we hear a loud kerplunk, the right side of all the slides are not flush when open (I can stick my fingers behind them), the center bathroom medicine cabinet is not level, there are two screws about to come through the vinyl where the stairs meet the hall to the bedroom....well that is what we have found so far today. This is not at all what I expect from a $63,000 unit. Has anyone else experienced issues like this?
I've had my Rockwood 31 foot bumper pull for 4 years and have never had a single issue. I called my local dealer today to get an appt for warranty work on this Jayco and could only leave a message, which has yet to be returned.

MicheleO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #2

On my NorthPoint I had the same issue with the awning. It's an easy fix for the dealer. My carpet touches the island a little bit, they probably set your island a little too close to the slide and you have more bunching. The dealer can move the island back a little.

Are you sure you know where the light for the front cap is?
I think the toe kick lights are working properly. I've read here that's how they work.

Every thing you listed are quick fixes for the dealer.
Don't get discouraged. They will fix...you will be happy. It's part of the process.
Look at poor Rock (a forum member) his 377 came with a rim melted to the hub and 4 messed up brakes. Jayco is taking care of it, they will take care of you too.

Welcome to the family.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #3

I agree with Klassic. Those should all be easy dealer fixes. Yes, the accent lights all come on at the same time. They are on a 4 way switch.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I agree with Klassic. Those should all be easy dealer fixes.
And they should have been fixed BEFORE he took de!ivery.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #5

It's true. Jayco pumps out their products as quickly as possible (with a certain level of care) and leaves the little fixer upper stuff to the dealers as it's more efficient for them. The quality of your unit upon delivery, therefore, depends largely on the quality of your dealership. They should have gone through that thing with a detailed eye and a fine toothed comb for you, and those things should have been fixed for you. Nonetheless, it will get taken care of for you - just make sure you trust your dealership and ensure they agree with your concerns and not just make excuses for why it's supposed to be that way.

When I bought my first trailer, the dealership screwed up and ordered the wrong interior option (overhead bunk vs. cabinets) and didn't realize it until I told them "this isn't my trailer" because my salesman didn't bother to go over and check to make sure what arrived was what I wanted. It could have been worse for you!

"My wheel lugs require more torque than your Honda makes!"
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #6

Agreed grumpy but I get the sense the PDI wasn't as thorough as it could have been. Otherwise those items would have been fixed before they took it home
Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
And they should have been fixed BEFORE he took de!ivery.
Looks like someone didn't do a very good PDI inspection. He should have had the things fixed before leaving the lot. Sounds like the awnings weren't even deployed.
It's a 63k unit. Made fast. Not a hand built 130k unit. There are bound to be problems.

Edit... You guys are responding faster than I can type. Sorry for basically the same post.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:19 AM   #8

And MicheleO... You have a Cadillac now compared to your Rockwood.
I had a Rockwood 5ver, its not even close to being in the same class as a NorthPoint/Pinnacle.
You only had it 4 years... You had it for its lucky years.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #9

I too had an issue with the carpet "bending" while against the island but after an hour or so it lays flat so I thought it wasn't too bad. I actually thought it must be a heavier better carpet to lay down that quick. We have had our unit for 5+ months now and it is in the dealer getting the doors adjusted amongst other warranty repairs. I have had many units and it is NOT abnormal to have to tweek some things to get it just right.
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 4 YO Daughter
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #10

I had/have many of the same problems. All have been fixed or are awaiting parts to be replaced. Don't worry about it. If you bought from a good dealer they should take care of you.

'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
defects, doors, lights, slides