Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

2016 Northpoint 377rlbh

I am wondering if any one has purchased one and can give us the low down. We are going to look at one in 2 weeks (if it doesn't sell prior to us getting there)
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #2

We looked at one a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I think we would have purchased it, but the dealer wouldn't budge on price at all. Floor plan is great for our family. The only thing I failed to check for was to see if there was an air vent in the loft area for the kiddos. I forgot to look and got to wondering if no vent, how hot would it get up there. We decided to wait it out, as we are quite happy with our 28bhbe. Maybe we'll find a used one in the future. But it is defininitely the nicest floor plan that I've seen (in my opinion).
Dan
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #3

I have been through two of them and placed an order today! I second the opinion that it is the best bunk house design. There is an air vent in the loft. I walked one yesterday that the dealer was running the air on 88 and sunny camper was a nice cool 73 throughout with a small rise in the bunk room. I should have mine 9-3 as the dealer already had one one order. Due offline 8-27, dealer is transporting himself. Does anyone know how accurate the offline date is?
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Did the unit that you look at have the 2nd AC or just one to keep it at a comfortable temperature? Our dealer was to take delivery on the 28th of July and he still hasn't recieved it as of August 5th. I do not know if it is because of the transportation company or the release date but he has lots of makes of RV's and he claims taht Jayco is by far the best at hitting the dates that they set for delivery. I am thinking that if your dealer is getting it themselves that you should be very close to the date that they told you.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #5

It had the second air but it was not running. I was really impressed with the air flow. It even cycled off while I was in the coach. Super quiet with the ducted return. These things are going like hot cakes. While I was making up my mind 3 were sold out from under me. This dealer gave me one heck of a deal. Trading a 2011 Eagle 365 BHS on the 377 for 34k difference. The only options I ordered was 2nd power awning and 2nd 15k AC and heat pump. Even if you don't get the TV in the basement you still get the slot. It is very removable and plan on throwing it out in the dumpster at the dealer. With 3 kids we need all the storage we can get. Glad to see the third lp bottle holder. I'll put my 20lb bottle there for my webber.
B & W Companion

Central MO
Old 08-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #6

Ok I have a dumb question. For those of you who have the 377 Rlbh, does it have a speaker system for the living area TV? The coaches that have the ledge stone fireplace state surround sound, but I can't find any info about the sound system in this unit and don't see any speakers in pictures. Thank you
Cgelmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgelmini View Post
Ok I have a dumb question. For those of you who have the 377 Rlbh, does it have a speaker system for the living area TV? The coaches that have the ledge stone fireplace state surround sound, but I can't find any info about the sound system in this unit and don't see any speakers in pictures. Thank you
Speakers are present in the living room celings, I was told the stereo is near the main door by the sales person, but forgot to look at it when I went by. I hope the remote works at a distance my lazy but don't want to have to get up to pause the DVD.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCamper View Post
Speakers are present in the living room celings, I was told the stereo is near the main door by the sales person, but forgot to look at it when I went by. I hope the remote works at a distance my lazy but don't want to have to get up to pause the DVD.
My wife said she should sell them. She said the stereo is above the tv. I let you guess which one I think is correct.

Here is about the best photos I have found of the 377.
B & W Companion

Central MO
Old 08-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #9

There is two stereo consules. One is located above the main TV in the living room with can control three different areas of speakers.
The other stereo console is located in the bunk room/ office. Each console is already linked into the TV and has DVD capabilities as well as Bluetooth.
Ranger0275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:35 AM   #10

We went on the Jayco Plant tour this week, they took us through the premium 5th Wheel plant which at the time was running the North Point product.
We were told all the units on the line were ordered units, none for dealer stock.
There were only a few completed units sitting outside, we did not see a lot of product sitting around waiting on transportation.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #11

Our 375BHFS was on the line as of this past Wednesday, hoping to pick it up at the dealer this Saturday

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #12

Dealer received the 377 this past Friday and so the DW, 2YO and I went and looked at EVERYTHING from king pin to bumper. The wife and I could only find a few that we didn't care for. 1) bunk room door is very thin and were hoping that they can put normal door in so daughter doesn't pinch fingers when opening/closing and making it more of a sound barrier. 2) The drawers in the pantry take away a lot of useable space. We would rather have the shelving the whole way through. 3) Light switches could be better placed but this is very minor. (this shows how fussy I am and also states how impressed we are in this unit.)

If this unit would have included the heat pump we would have purchased it on the spot! We will be ordering a new 377 but not sure when is the best time to do it to get the best price?
Old 08-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #13

The stereo/DVD isn't all that great.
It is 12 volts
The speakers aren't very spectacular either
Also the door of the cabinet to get to the DVD is above the TV and opens upwards. It has no way to hold itself open. Its pretty dumb. Kids can barely reach it and holding it open and operating the unit is impossible for them.
Keepin DVDs in the cupboard beside the DVD has the same feature, the doors don't stay open.

The stereo is Bluetooth and will play audio from devices, but with the door closed no one can hear you if you try to use your cell connected to it.... again dumb.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #14

I have yet to see the backer board for the loft area marked. Is there one?
B & W Companion

Central MO
Old 08-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #15

Yes the backer board is marked in the loft area above the bunk room. It is on the wall adjoining the bathroom near the ladder.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #16

We purchased a 377 rlbh about a month ago and really like it. It pulls very nicely. However, we have had issues with the leveling system and they are still working to resolve it. I'm sure they'll get it taken care of, but it is a little disappointing.
JPT5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #17

Thanks. You may want to look up the thread 36 reqs. Lots of people are having the same problem as you with the leveling system and their screaming. I'm thinking of waiting till jayco resolves a lot of their issues. Not sure what's going on with Jayco��
Cgelmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgelmini View Post
Thanks. You may want to look up the thread 36 reqs. Lots of people are having the same problem as you with the leveling system and their screaming. I'm thinking of waiting till jayco resolves a lot of their issues. Not sure what's going on with Jayco��
This is the third manufacturer for Jayco in as many years and they all have their issues. I opted not to go with the leveling due to the issues with 1.0(Attwood) at the time and glad I did.
Is it s nice feature, sure. Is it a necessity, no. I went with $150.00 in addional scizzor jacks and my screw gun, plus I tote a few 2 x 12's for side to side manual leveling.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #19

I talked to the Factory on Friday about 3.0. The sales rep said he has not heard of that many issues. I told him to look on here. He is supposed to call me back. As the ground Control 3.0 stories keep coming I'm close to pulling the plug on my order. I'm going to be 6 hours away from the dealer. I'll reply back when I hear from him.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCamper View Post
I talked to the Factory on Friday about 3.0. The sales rep said he has not heard of that many issues. I told him to look on here. He is supposed to call me back. As the ground Control 3.0 stories keep coming I'm close to pulling the plug on my order. I'm going to be 6 hours away from the dealer. I'll reply back when I hear from him.
I have also talked to a Jayco factory rep who told me the same thing as it relates to Ground Control 3.0. I do not believe the factory personnel read this or the Open Range Owners' forum (at least with their eyes open). Did the rep call you back?

Thanks.