Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

2016 Northpoint interior doors

Wondering if any one else is having issues with their interior doors? I had initially large gaps in the upper sill plates of the door frames after delivery. The unit has only been moved 120miles since purchased. I just got it out of the shop about 2 weeks ago. Noticing spacing starting in the upper door plates again. I now have 2 doors where you can see through the door frame into the adjoining rooms. And the other door fits flush into the frame at the bottom but sticks out about 1/4" at the top. I know the doors and frames are made of cheap composite but I have never seen anything like it. So I'm thinking it must be common, or I'm to picky. Does anyone have the same? I've attached one picture as an example.
Attached Thumbnails
upsill#1.jpg  
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

We would send an email to Jayco support along with the picture and ask if it is a normal "gap" or something that should be addressed under warranty.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #3

I would think when a door doesn't fit a frame it wouldn't be considered normal. Apparently, other north points owners are not seeing the same as no replies so far. Guess this thing was a real rush job. I open the overhead cabinet this morning and the trim fell onto the couch. Upon inspection I see only one staple actually hit the main cabinet. Then when I looked further I see they didn't even fill the staple holes with filler underneath the whole cabinet. GEEZ!
Attached Thumbnails
rsz_cabinet_trim.jpg  
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #4

We are the third owners of our '08 Jayco after almost a year and we are still fixing various moldings for proper and continued fitment.
We have owned many motorhomes and understand the beating everything takes while rolling down the road.

We have started using Gorilla construction adhesive just this year for various moldings and trim and no additional nails. So far everything is staying in place much better.

One issue we have to deal with while it's parked in storage in the summer months is heat. We have tried different adhesives over the years and many just melt or don't hold after a trip or two.
With cabinet temperatures reaching 130 F at times in the summer months, adhesives that can stand the heat and continue to hold are required.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:14 PM   #5

We have not had a problem with door closures in our 2016 Jayco North Point 31RKTS. Plenty of other fit and finish problems, just not that.

Jim
Old 11-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #6

I know the North Point being so long has a lot of frame flex going down the road. Things are bound to move from time to time.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote