Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

2016 Pinnacle Front Cap Colors

I have a 2016 JAYCO Pinnacle 36RSQS that has several chips in the paint on the front cap, both tan and brown areas. These areas are painted and not decals. Does anyone have any experience is matching paint color for touchup on the Front Cap? I contacted Jayco and their reply was: 'Jayco does not sell paint. The units come into our location already painted. Our suggestion is to take a paint sample to your local paint shop and have them color match for you'. My bet is that Jayco does provide a color scheme to the shops that do the fiberglass caps so not sure why they would not know the color.

Not sure how I would get a paint sample to take to the local paint shop.

Any suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2700.jpg  
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
My bet is that Jayco does provide a color scheme to the shops that do the fiberglass caps so not sure why they would not know the color.
Each shop can come up with the same color using different paint manufacturers. We ran into that with the SENECAs. One company used Sherwin Williams and another painting co used a different brand, but colors were the same.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #3

Surely Jayco could give you the name of the paint shop, then they could supply the paint codes. That's how I got my cabinet stain. Jayco provided the name of cabinet builder and they gave me all the info to order.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #4

bgelyhome- If you find an answer to the paint colors please post it or PM me as we are having the same issue with the chips. If I find out anything I will do the same. Thanks
Old 05-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #5

bglyhome, Although this may not work for you , most automotive paint stores , and many large body shops, should have a hand held scanner. They "shoot" several areas of the painted surface they wish to match and then load the scanned information into a computer that gives a formula for the color that they want to match. When I wanted to paint a trunk spoiler for my old 1990 Gold Wing the match came upn to a Suburu !!! When I sprayed the spoiler it was a dead on match !! If you can get your unit to such a shop or store I believe you would hsve the same results. Brand of paint is more a choice of the shop or painter and has little to do with the color match.This has been my experience after painting automobiles for over 50 years. Good luck !
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Each shop can come up with the same color using different paint manufacturers. We ran into that with the SENECAs. One company used Sherwin Williams and another painting co used a different brand, but colors were the same.
Thanks, Good Point.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Surely Jayco could give you the name of the paint shop, then they could supply the paint codes. That's how I got my cabinet stain. Jayco provided the name of cabinet builder and they gave me all the info to order.
Good idea. I have replied back to Jayco to see if they can provide the supplier name of the Front Cap. I could contact them to see if they would provide a paint manuf and color for my Pinnacle.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes View Post
bgelyhome- If you find an answer to the paint colors please post it or PM me as we are having the same issue with the chips. If I find out anything I will do the same. Thanks
Absolutely, I will respond with what I find.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolead View Post
bglyhome, Although this may not work for you , most automotive paint stores , and many large body shops, should have a hand held scanner. They "shoot" several areas of the painted surface they wish to match and then load the scanned information into a computer that gives a formula for the color that they want to match. When I wanted to paint a trunk spoiler for my old 1990 Gold Wing the match came upn to a Suburu !!! When I sprayed the spoiler it was a dead on match !! If you can get your unit to such a shop or store I believe you would hsve the same results. Brand of paint is more a choice of the shop or painter and has little to do with the color match.This has been my experience after painting automobiles for over 50 years. Good luck !
Thanks for the suggestion. I have reached back out to Jayco to see if they will provide me the name of the supplier who provided the front cap. I can then contact the supplier to see if they will provide color info. If that don't work, I will try to find a shop that 1) has a portable scanner 2) is in a location that will all me to pull the 40' Pinnacle into their parking lot.