Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 11:58 PM   #1

2017 377 RLBH - 2 Ice Maker Valves!

When I got my 2017 model set up at the Reservoir, I could not purge the air out of my ice maker to save my life. The dealer told me that sometimes, these things come with 2 ice maker valves but they only found 1 under the stove right near the fridge. I took one of the panels off under my island sink and felt behind the sink drain pipe and could not feel much less see a valve. After trying to bleed air for another 10 minutes, I took both cover panels off from around the sink drain and kept feeling until I felt a valve handle right up against the island wall. I turned it with both hands and BAM, I could hear the water rushing through the line toward the fridge. Attached picture is from above the cover panels while installed. I see no way of opening valve while the panels are installed. They have pitiful little staples barely holding the panels around the drain pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Ice maker valve.jpg  

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Good find! I have seen several discussions here about the double valves.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:37 AM   #3

Any clues on why a valve that needs to be manipulated by humans is buried so deep it can't be used?

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

Nitro...you are probably too new here to have read this, but one member (I forget who) took his panels off, reached in, looked and looked, couldn't find the valve.
Jayco never installed it.
Left his fridge water pipe laying in the under belly.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Nitro...you are probably too new here to have read this, but one member (I forget who) took his panels off, reached in, looked and looked, couldn't find the valve.

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post

That would be me... grrrrrrr!!! haha!

I have ice now because I spliced into the line under the kitchen slide... Not until I tried backfeeding did I discover the line that was never attached... Good times!!

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...eed-36959.html

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYer View Post
That would be me... grrrrrrr!!! haha!

I have ice now because I spliced into the line under the kitchen slide... Not until I tried backfeeding did I discover the line that was never attached... Good times!!

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...eed-36959.html
I have a 2015 36Fbts and still can't get ice. Every now and then it will drop some small cubes. Any ideas
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim&paula View Post
I have a 2015 36Fbts and still can't get ice. Every now and then it will drop some small cubes. Any ideas
Sounds like your water line is kinked. Not getting enough water fast enough.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #9

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Even though it's over a year later, I'll chime in and fyi-my 2017 377 came from the factory with that valve turned off. The dealer turned it back on while I was away (dealer had 3 rv sites to stay while practice before towing home). Then 4 days later not far away, our kitchen sink seemed clogged. I didn't know we had a dedicated second grey tank below that didn't get emptied. I found that valve at the floor below the sink and turned it off as water was coming down the tubes from the overflow vent above. I later forgot about turning that valve back on once the new found grey tank was emptied and then discovered later I was getting no more ice from the ice maker. Back to the dealer for that and some other items on way to our big cross country voyage to Yellowstone from Indiana. We come back after 3 hrs and hitched up and took off. 200 miles down the road to our first night stay in an rv park and wife discovered the fridge door didn't get locked and a 1 gallon jug of Kikoman Soy sauce fell out and broke pouring soy sauce over entire floor of the new rig!

End story, I was the blame of the domino process that cost us that dilemma. Plus not double checking everything again after someone did business inside.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #10
Site Team

The question still looms, What do you do with a gallon of soy sauce?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #11

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
I was wondering that too. Costco product. At the time, my DW was making fried rice a lot of times and that's what she picked up for a lesser cost vs many smaller bottles. The seemingly tough plastic shell wasn't so tough after all. It stained the lower couch panel, but after a big shampoo session of the carpet and upholstery, it all came clean. A good testimony to the protectant used on the carpet and fabric. Of course the camper smelled like an Asian restaurant for some time.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote