Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #21
Jon

There is finally a 2017 at a dealer with photos. 2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS, Paynesville MN - - RVtrader.com. Looks like the changes are what WestTexasRanger's had plus bigger bedroom slide and dresser (possibly bigger bedroom?), smaller kitchen drawers/counter/overhead cabinet next to range, elimination of window above range counter, LED exterior lights, elimination of exterior scare light.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:50 AM   #22

What color interior does your trailer have?
JCW53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #23
Jon

Java
Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
WestTexasRanger, can you comment or post a photo of the bedroom slide? I ordered a 2017 3121RSTS a couple weeks ago and have been wondering all the same things I'm reading in this string. I ordered the queen bed and I'm hoping the bedroom slide is larger than the 2016 with nightstands that are bigger. Thanks for all your pics! I love the new coat closet configuration over the time out seat!
A local dealer has a 2017 with the queen bed. Here ya go.

https://gillettesinterstaterv.com/ne...B_2BoCm_fw_wcB
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:46 PM   #25

Has anyone seen or seen pictures of the new "Peppercorn" color interior?
JCW53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:02 PM   #26

Ours is also java
The Cloyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #27
Jon

Thanks for sending the link. Looks like there are real nightstands under the bedspread... Yay! Also recliners and 12 ft2 fridge and Java like mine. It appears the first production run is hitting dealers so there will be more pics out there.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #28

Picked up ours today!!! Beautiful looking unit. They have added a large cabinet where the bench was. There are still hooks in the cabinet however. One of the shelves inside also folds up and latches if you wanted to hang a coat in it. We were thrilled that they added the cabinet. Also discovered more storage behind the tv. Taking it on its first voyage this week!
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #29
Jon

I'm so envious! I have 5-6 weeks to wait. Can you post a pic of the inside of the cabinet where the bench was?

Lucky you! Have a great first voyage!
Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #30

After 79 days from the date of ordering we picked up our new 321RSTS on Monday! Love the trailer. I even got the leveling system to work the first time! So far everything is working according to plan. We got the queen bed model which now has night stands about 8" wide on each side of the bed with open storage below. The new closet where the bench previously was has a fold up shelve as mentioned before. One thing I miss is they no longer put a window by the stove. Not sure why that was eliminated. Probably to save some cost.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0198copy.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	24971

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0202.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	24972
Dave&Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #31
Jon

Thanks so much for posting these pics! Those two improvements are the 2 things I liked least about the 321RSTS, and now they are things I like best! I was actually planning to have the time out seat remodeled into a kitchen counter/cabinet as soon as I picked up the trailer. Now I like the big 'closet' cabinet better. That is a huge amount of added storage space in just the right place. I too liked the window behind the stove area, but now these improvements far outweigh losing that. 5 weeks and counting...
Old 06-22-2016, 02:54 PM   #32

We picked ours up yesterday, and she's beautiful! I do wish the kitchen window was still there, but, it's fine. I was SHOCKED at how "spacious" the bedroom turned out (queen bed)!! So much more room than I expected!! Very pleased with it! The only thing I really don't like are the glass shades on the pendants and sconces. Very cheap looking. I hope to change those soon.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #33
Jon

Here's a dealers description of the upgrades for 2017-pretty substantial!: 2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS Fifth Wheels, 2017 Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 321RSTS Features may include: Interior Upgraded to 48” HDTV with HMDI® Added Jayco-exclusive Simmons® brand residential 60” x 80” queen mattress Upgraded kitchen drawers to “soft-close” glides Moved standard central command center switch plate with tank monitoring behind smoked glass door (main house lights remain outside and are easily accessible at entryway) Upgraded bathroom door to sliding pocket door from hallway (select floor plans) Revised overhead cabinets over sofas in all “super slide” models Added decorative braided maple molding to kitchen overheads Upgraded LED pantry lighting with automatic switch Added removable plastic bins under all standard dinettes Added decal advertising Shaw® EcoFiberTouchTM residential carpet pad with R-value and sound dampening (industry first!) in slide rooms Exterior Complete redesign of Eagle exterior for 2017 New exterior fiberglass: "Silver Eagle" true high-gloss gel coat Body color-match on trim, extrusions, fascia, doors, awnings, skirt metal, rooftop, sealants, moldings, and more for seamless, automotive look Revised and upgraded automotive-grade graphics (unified look on all lines) New “Silver Eagle” high-gloss fiberglass cap Specialty LED cap lighting Total LED exterior lighting upgrade Updated aluminum wheel design New “brushed chrome” folding entry handle All entry and baggage doors “keyed alike” for ease and security Prepped for Sani-con® waste management system (industry exclusive!) Industry-exclusive complete redesign of outside kitchen (accessible lower countertop and cooktop heights, water-proof powder coated countertop, “quick connect” faucet/outside shower, stainless steel backsplash, storage drawer, etc.) Added next generation digital TV antenna Revised roofline profile for smooth, continuous build Redesigned and enhanced pass-through storage areas with upgraded rubberized diamond plate, new bulkhead front wall, and interior wall board for cleaner basement storage Deleted MOR/ryde EZ StowTM tray
Old 06-28-2016, 12:37 PM   #34

awkward bathroom door

My husband and I recently purchased a 2016 321 rsts. Love everything about it except the bathroom door that extends out into the hall and blocks it.
I was thinking of somehow installing a light-weight sliding barn door type door. Has anyone else ever thought of this or tried it. I'm worried about the door mount and if there is anything strong to attach it to. Any ideas? My husband is threatening to take it off all together. Not a fan of that!
patrickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #35

You could try a decorative curtain rod and drape with a decorative tie back to hold the curtain back when the restroom is not in use
Old 06-28-2016, 02:13 PM   #36

I thought of that but didn't think that would look too classy in a $50+k fifth wheel!
patrickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #37

While the pocket door would be nice I wouldn't remove the door on my 2016. Put a motion sensing LED in the hall for using at night and after a couple of trips you'll get used to the door.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #38

Picking up our 321 tomorrow. In peppercorn, will post pics. It looks great on all pics so far, thanks for the posts/links.
Will change avatar for sure!

2015 Sierra 2500 SLT Duramax CC, Nav, Onstar WIFI, 20K Reese Elite
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:24 AM   #39
Site Team

Our 2011 has a pocket door from BR to the bath and also a inward opening conventional door from the hall to the bath. It takes up a little room but we like this arrangement because behind the door there is room for towel bars and book rack.

Not blocking any cabinets when open.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #40

Have you seen a 2017 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Vivian View Post
Hi Folks
New to the forum and have already got some great information.

We ordered a 321rsts a couple of weeks ago and found out that we will be getting a 2017 model. The dealer had a picture of a trailer under construction so we could see the new color "Silver Eagle". So far we have not seen a floor plan to see what changes there will be from the 2016's. I have seen a 2017 Eagle enhancements sheet on another post here. A couple of things that have us concerned are possible changes to the bedroom/bathroom size and what if anything will be happening to the bench seat by the entrance.

Has anyone seen any 2017 floor plans?

Dave
Our dealership has several 2017 Eagle 5th wheel models now. There are pocket doors now (very awesome upgrade!). The bench is gone. And have you seen the new fireplace brick??? Ugly & very fake looking. And the light fixtures that hang from the ceiling & one attached to the wall look like gaudy ugly upside down wine glasses. And the bathroom medicine cabinet looks cheap (I liked all the wood medicine cabinets in the older models). I know I am probably in the minority. Just my opinion, my 2 cents. Still love Jayco though! Very good company!
Orcuttclan is offline   Reply With Quote