Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #1

2017 Northpoint awnings

Just had two 2017 Northpoints pull into the mother in law park. I see they are now using the traveler awning arms. When I inquired during the summer with Jayco about upgraded my 2016 awning arms they said they had no suitable upgrade available. Well 2 thousand out of my pocket later, I have the traveler also. What a slap in the face.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Just had two 2017 Northpoints pull into the mother in law park. I see they are now using the traveler awning arms. When I inquired during the summer with Jayco about upgraded my 2016 awning arms they said they had no suitable upgrade available. Well 2 thousand out of my pocket later, I have the traveler also. What a slap in the face.
That's what they do, we have a 2016 Eagle with a ripple in the passenger side of the roof.still trying to get that fixed!Last time at the dealership had 40 hours of warranty labor.Be persistent!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
When I inquired during the summer with Jayco about upgraded my 2016 awning arms they said they had no suitable upgrade available. Well 2 thousand out of my pocket later, I have the traveler also. What a slap in the face.
?????? Please explain that comment.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
?????? Please explain that comment.
Hey Grumpy, well my awning collapsed the first time I used it. I called Jayco twice when they said they would approve replacing it under warranty. I also called carefree who indicated that setup was made lighter per the manufacturer request, I assume that is how the longitude came to be. But I asked Jayco if I could upgrade it to something stronger and pay the difference and their reply was " they know of nothing compatible on the market or approved for use on the Northpoint. This was I believe in August. So I told the dealer to install the warranty awning and take it back off. I purchased the traveler through the dealer and paid for the complete awning and labor. Just was concerned not knowing if the traveler would clear the front outside light or not. But after seeing the two 2017 models today with the travelers, it hard for me to believe nobody knew anything when I called back in August. So that's why I said what a slap in the face.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #5

The customer service rep you talked to may not have known of the change since your VIN# did not indicate anything different was being used. Also I partially fault your dealer for not interceeding after you found out the other awning would work. If you have that conversation documented I would follow-up and see if they will reimburse you.

Based on CAREFREE'S website the LONGITUDE does not look to be a JAYCO exclusive.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #6

shadester...to slap your face even harder, the Traveler was installed on the 2016's on builds in December and on.
I have a thread somewhere on here about it.

You were hosed.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #7

I figured I was since I worked in service for many years and have seen it all. Definitely not my first rodeo. But it's done and I'm a lot happier with the setup I have now. Plus I got the pleasure of watching the faces at the dealer when I told them to remove the warranty one after they just got done with it.