Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

Smile 2017 northpoint kitchen question

Hi, I'm new to this group. My husband and I just ordered our first RV. We are really excited about. We bought a lot in an RV community, in North Georgia. We are planning on parking it there, for now. We are also going to be living in it, part time. I have read tons of information, about the RV's features. I do have a quick question. Does the stove size use regular baking pans, and casseroles? I haven't found any stove size specifications. I didn't know if I need to buy any special bakeware. Any other advice you can offer, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Linda Johnson
lindajohnson1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:18 PM   #2

You could use regular sized casserole dishes, don't expect to cook a turkey though. One thing you would need to look into is adding a pizza stone or unglazed tile to the oven to help even out the heat. I don't bake in our oven but I do know the limitations of an RV oven. Don't forget you have a convection microwave. We have baked muffins in the microwave and they turned out great! Congrats on your new trailer. We love ours and hopefully you'll love yours too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #3

Thanks for your help

I appreciate your help with my oven, questions. This is all new for me. As for a turkey. I can always make a turkey breast
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #4

Oven size

I wanted to find out the actual size of the oven. Can a regular cookie sheet fit. Or do I need to buy smaller ones. My husband and I will be living in the RV for awhile. I need to know what limitations I will have when cooking. I'm not planning on buying new cookware, at this point. It's the oven capabilities, that I have questions about. We haven't received our RV yet. The brochure didn't give the ovens, dimension. Thanks
Old 07-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #5

We often use a 9x12 Glad ovenware in our RV oven. It barely fits in the oven and there is no way that our All-Clad cookie sheet that we use at home would ever fit.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #6

I appreciate all of your help. My husband and I, are really excited about our new journey. The RV community we will be living in. Is very nice. It will be great meeting some other RV, owners
Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum!
Which model did you get?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #8

We ordered the 2017 Jayco Northpoint 377rlbh. We haven't received it yet. Since they are still building it. We should receive it next month. They will deliver it, and set it up on our RV lot. We aren't planning on hauling it on trips, for awhile. It's just going to be our second home.

Tags
2017 jayco northpoint, kitchen stove