Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #21

Bogadel, I purchased the same 2017 RLTS last summer and we really love it! the only issue we had was a piece of moulding started falling off in the bedroom. I glued it back on and added a couple extra brads. I pull ours with a 2016 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 liter engine and have not had any issues at all.....You made a good choice. Happy Camping
Old 09-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #22

eagle ht 27.5

Got our 27.5 ht in May. Suggest you go over everything and every option. The rear camera was not connected, the toilet overflowed and needed a new valve, the mirror slipped down in the bathroom with two sided tape not holding and the furnace does not work properly (will not stay lit). Many of the features are fine and we have had good experiences with the camping since we got it. The clearance of the tires from the fenders is minimal and a blowout will damage the fenders. The most unusual thing is the engineering is poor. The water connection is directly above the electrical hookup. The electrical in the slide is within inches of the tires.

Have not had it long enough to evaluate the quality, but I hope it will be good. The layout of the floorplan is what we liked when we purchased it. We traded down from a larger 5th wheel.
virginia27.5rlts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #23

Congrats! We just took delivery of our 27.5 yesterday. Did 2 'walk thru's' (PDI's) b/c we needed to bring our trade in to them. Overall so glad we spent the extra time asking more questions! Have a good understanding and we are going to 'shake it down' next week at a local campground. Don't have room for Camp Driveway. Fully aware of some of the things to watch for and our great dealer and salesperson are just a phone call away and I know they will be there spot on for us. Already received one phone call to see how pulling/driving/parking went. We'll have to compare notes! Check out my post 'Just went from this. . . to THIS!"
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #24

Congratulations

Happy Camping.
virginia27.5rlts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesykay View Post
Congrats! We just took delivery of our 27.5 yesterday. Did 2 'walk thru's' (PDI's) b/c we needed to bring our trade in to them. Overall so glad we spent the extra time asking more questions! Have a good understanding and we are going to 'shake it down' next week at a local campground. Don't have room for Camp Driveway. Fully aware of some of the things to watch for and our great dealer and salesperson are just a phone call away and I know they will be there spot on for us. Already received one phone call to see how pulling/driving/parking went. We'll have to compare notes! Check out my post 'Just went from this. . . to THIS!"
Jonesykay,

Congrats on the new 27.5 and we are now on our maiden voyage from Fl. to Pa and then heading to Md before going home. We were fortunate we were not in Florida when the hurricane hit, our home is fine but I feel sorry for those in to south of us.
Anyway we have had a few problems crop up on our trip so far. Having traveled about 1600 miles north and a few bumpy roads later. We had a leak which I found after much searching. It was coming from the cold water connection at the back of the water heater. Easy fix once you figure out how to get to it. I had to take off the furnace vent cover at base of kitchen cabinet to see where the water was coming from. Floor was very wet and while I was there looking a stream of water came down from the shelf above. I had to take a panel under the sink that went from floor to nearly the counter out and then I could get to the leaky connection.
The other problem we have is the mattress is no good. After just 6 days we had to depressions in the mattress where we lay and they don't come back up. I'm 160lbs and the wife is less, so we aren't heavy people and after talking to the factory rep at the Hershey RV show, he said they had a bad run of mattresses and would replace it, we will see about that.
The tv slide out seems to be a bit out of adjustment as the section near the door catches and makes a big pop when it finally goes out. I have used the remote and stood at the doorway and helped that end of the slide move outwards so it doesn't grab. I will get it adjusted when we get back home.
The front cap lights stopped working even before we left from home. Oh, and the sliding doors on the shower back a hellacious noise when you open and close them. Annoying but they work.
A lot of small things that are annoying but able to work through most of them. A safety item that I mentioned to the factory rep was the water heater. The water temp on electric is scalding hot. I don't have a thermometer with me to check the temp but it must be 140 or better, very unsafe for youngster.
With all that said, we do like this trailer a lot. Fully loaded for the trip we scaled at 9260 lbs. from the 8120 unloaded lbs. leaving the dealer.
The trailer tows like a dream and I'm getting 2 to 3 mpg. better than I did with my 12,500 lb Cedar Creek did.
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:56 AM   #26

I
Hi Barry , we purchased our first 5th wheel back in March 2017 33ft Jayco HT RLST and so far so good ! We have a reese hitch and I like it very easy set up . The Camper so far been fine for us we live in New England so Only 1 A/C And it seems like if anything I would prefer to have 2. But managed very well with one so far no extreme heat up here like you would have .
coralqcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogadel View Post
Also the switch panel had a light on it that said the pump was running, and sure enough it was running and you could not shut it off without turning off the main battery switch. So, part of the noise we were hearing was the pump pumping away with no water in the system. I hope they fix that for the person who buys that one.
Not sure if these are the same as my 2017 26.5BHS but... I have two switches for the water pump. One in the main controls for slides and awnings and another where you connect up to city water. If you turn one on you have to turn it off in the same spot. They are not three way switches.
VE6CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogadel View Post
snip......The other problem we have is the mattress is no good. After just 6 days we had to depressions in the mattress where we lay and they don't come back up. I'm 160lbs and the wife is less, so we aren't heavy people and after talking to the factory rep at the Hershey RV show, he said they had a bad run of mattresses and would replace it, we will see about that. ......snip
Which mattress brand/model do you have? Is there a way to identify the "bad run" the factory rep referenced?

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Which mattress brand/model do you have? Is there a way to identify the "bad run" the factory rep referenced?

Bob
Bob, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. If you had the bad run of mattresses you would know it after sleeping on it for a week or two. Ours only took about 6 days before we knew there was something very wrong. I felt like I had sunk into a hole and it felt like I was going to roll out of bed too. I took my 27.5RLTS to the dealer to see the problem mattress and the tech had to measure the drop in the mattress. Fortunately the Simmons mattress we have met the criteria for replacement, at least the tech said so. It has been almost 2 weeks now and I am waiting to hear from the dealer about the mattress and the mirror fix. I sure hope they put the mirror back with something better than double back tape!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #30

Congratulations! We just ordered the 28.5 RSTS! We are waiting as well! It IS going to be a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG 6-8 weeks! LOL
fourbchbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbchbms View Post
Congratulations! We just ordered the 28.5 RSTS! We are waiting as well! It IS going to be a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG 6-8 weeks! LOL
Congratulations to you, we also liked the 28.5RSTS. We did a look see again at the Hershey Camp show in Pa. It has more storage than our 27.5 and a few other things we liked about it. The only thing we have never liked and seems to be in most other layouts is the island. My thing with that is, access. You cannot get into it without opening up the RV. The kitchen side would be ok for us as it is on the passenger side or sidewalk side. We cannot open the street side with cars buzzing by all the time. But we also have an HOA that says we cannot block the sidewalk, which makes it inconvenient without being able to open the kitchen slide very much. So, nothing against the 28.5 it's just our set up at our home that keeps us from that layout. Our 27.5 sidewalk side slide can go out about 12 inches and we can pretty much do all we need to load up and unpack.
Good Luck with your new rig, and Happy Camping!
Old 10-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #32

After looking at the 28.5 I realized I had no windows on the patio side. We went back to the dealer and changed our order to the 30.5 CKTS! Whew! Glad we caught that in time!
fourbchbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #33

How do you like your 30.5 CKTS ? I am thinking about getting that same model.
I was considering the 27.5 RLTS, but was wanting more storage.
Thanks very much.
Dan
dbandy is offline   Reply With Quote