Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #1

27.5 RLTS Water Pump and Line Vibration

When we use the FW tank, the pump and water lines vibrate excessively when it's close to building up to pressure. The main culprits seems to be the bathroom hot and cold lines vibrating against the surrounding cabinets. Also the pump is screwed right to the floor in the service hatch. I can rubbermount the pump, but am wondering if anyone has used anything to keep the water lines from vibrating. TIA!
obanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #2

On my 26.5bhs I get some vibration as well, and it was the same on my previous TT. Some on the forum for that unit would install some type of isolator between the pump and the floor. I just got used to it. Didn't seem to hurt anything. We rarely dry camp, so that probably helps. If you dry camp a lot, I can see where that might get annoying.

The big water pump silencing thread.....

https://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/f...print/true.cfm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

I cut some pieces from a section of a rubber play mat - the squares that interlock - and isolated the pump from the floor. I used a double layer, one screwed to the floor, the other atop it with the pump screwed only to the two rubber layers. I cut other pieces and wedged them between the pipes and whatever they were vibrating against - a cabinet, another pipe, etc. That reduced the vibration/noise substantially.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
On my 26.5bhs I get some vibration as well, and it was the same on my previous TT. Some on the forum for that unit would install some type of isolator between the pump and the floor. I just got used to it. Didn't seem to hurt anything. We rarely dry camp, so that probably helps. If you dry camp a lot, I can see where that might get annoying.

The big water pump silencing thread.....

https://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/f...print/true.cfm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info...yes it is probably more annoying that a big problem. Ill isolate the pump and see how that goes!!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I cut some pieces from a section of a rubber play mat - the squares that interlock - and isolated the pump from the floor. I used a double layer, one screwed to the floor, the other atop it with the pump screwed only to the two rubber layers. I cut other pieces and wedged them between the pipes and whatever they were vibrating against - a cabinet, another pipe, etc. That reduced the vibration/noise substantially.
Thanks! The pump is easy to get to so I can reduce the vibration there. I have some pipe insulation to see if that helps too. I wasn't crazy about removing panels to find the problem, but this should be a start.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #6

I added a soft hose to the outlet and one to the inlet along with an accumulator tank. Doing so got rid of the vibration in my system!

2013 F350 SRW
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

Dream it, Live it, Love it and Never Regret it!
MrWyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
Site Team

Slice a pool noodle lengthwise and slip what ever length you need to isolate the pipe from the walls everywhere you can. I also put a piece of plywood with a rubber isolation piece in the middle and mounted the pump to it.

Both helped, we still can hear it but it's not as annoying.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #8

I also did the soft line on the inlet and outlet, Cut up rubber mat under pump and put in accumulator tank made a big difference. No more vibration and pump is not as loud.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #9

I had a heck of a time with vibration and pulsing. I installed a 5 gallon pressure tank and that helped. Then I installed a shurflo pump silencing kit that I got for $19USD and that solved it! Not only is it much quieter but with the tank I can go all night without the pump cycling during bathroom trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obanjo View Post
When we use the FW tank, the pump and water lines vibrate excessively when it's close to building up to pressure. The main culprits seems to be the bathroom hot and cold lines vibrating against the surrounding cabinets. Also the pump is screwed right to the floor in the service hatch. I can rubbermount the pump, but am wondering if anyone has used anything to keep the water lines from vibrating. TIA!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #10

I am curious. In household plumbing it is not uncommon to have a section of pipe on the hot and cold lines that go straight up and contain air acting as an accumulator to prevent air hammer. Or you can purchase accumulators at depot. Could this fix your vibration?
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #11

My 2013 Eagle

Despite the installation manual specifically saying not to, my unit came with rigid pex right out if the pressure side of the pump. It vibrated the entire length of the plumbing. I installed about an 18" loop of flexible hose right after the pump and all is well.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:16 AM   #12
Site Team

Sureflo has a silencing kit. I bought one from CW years ago. It consisted of adapters and 2 flex hoses to install on the inlet and outlet of the Sureflo pump.

I took a large panel off after emptying the storage compartment only to find that Jayco had already installed one.

I do a lot of stupid crap like that before checking. LOL While it was open, I was able to quiet it as mentioned in a previous post.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:52 PM   #13

Great responses all, thanks. I put some foam pipe insulation around the bathroom supply lines and helped a lot. I am going to remount the pump with some type of dampening. that should help also.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #14

I have a pump screwed into the wall of my furnace and it sounds terrible.

I unscrewed it and added a foam rubber vibration reducing layer and it helped.

BUT, noise is still bad in the quiet of the night if you know what I mean.

I saw the silencer kit but wondered if I could cut the hard plastic line going in and out of the pump which is vibrating like a tuning fork and just clamp on some fiber reinforced water line with automotive type clamps.

Has anyone tried this and was there success?

I have no way to refasten the clamps that are attached to the pump and would hate to mess it up or get a leak before our big summer trip.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote