Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #1

29.5 bhds grey water tank(s) question

Just got my 29.5 BHDS. After taking it out on our first trip this weekend I have some questions about the grey water tanks.

According to Jayco, the 29.5 has 2 grey water tanks. However, I am seeing 5 different valves under the trailer. I know that the one black colored valve is for the black tank which is commode only. At the back of the trailer there is a grey valve and drainpipe. I am assuming this is for the outside kitchen. Is this the 2nd 32 gallon grey tank Jayco is referring to?

Up towards the front there are 2 grey valves. One of these valves is easy to get to, but the other is on the back side of a pipe and points in the opposite direction. I almost have to crawl under the trailer to get to it.

I also notice another valve towards the back of the trailer near where my Sani-con system is. Is this a bypass valve for the turbo waste management? If so, I would like to bypass that and just use the gravity feed system.

If anybody could help me out with which grey tanks are for which devices (sink,shower, etc... ) I would be greatly appreciative.

ps the manual for my trailer is almost useless. It looks like Jayco used 1 manual for every Eagle 5th wheel they make.
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:06 PM   #2

I have Same Trailer

So I have the same trailer....

I found this out last week myself. Starting from the front to the rear of trailer:

Black handle is for Toilet, it drains to main outlet port just to the right of it.

Gray handle near main outlet port is for the bathroom sink and shower, it drains from the front main outlet port. This is TANK 1 on main gauge panel

Going further back behind the axles, I found another black handle, however the factory put the wrong colored one on, as that is for the second gray water tank for your kitchen sink. It will also drain to the front outlet port near your toilet and bathroom area. This is TANK 2 on main gauge panel.

Finally, in the back, you'll have the gray handle next to the rear outlet port for just your outside kitchen area. This has its own separate digital tank level gauge inside the right wall in the sink area.

All valves should be pushed in for closed and pulled for open.

Hope this helps!
Wilmz5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the help. I couldn't figure out what the different valves are. I even called Jayco directly, and they couldn't help me.

I can confirm that the valve for my 2nd gray tank has the wrong colored handle on it. (It is black instead of gray)

What's strange is the specifications only mention 2 gray tanks, however, if you count the sink in the back there are 3 gray tanks.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:18 PM   #4

^^^. Thank You! I have the same unit and have been trying to figure it all out the past few weeks too... that is not how my dealer explained it at PDI but I had figured out that what they told me was not accurate. Your description makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:06 PM   #5

My 2016 is the same, so I can confirm he is right!

I would strongly suggest getting a twist on valve. Many of us have valves that weep and the twist on valve will prevent stinky surprises when taking the cap off.

One other thing - I never really tested in detail, but I believe that the outside kitchen gray tank is much smaller than the others. I had the sink overflow while sanitizing and flushing last spring and happened way too quickly. I'm thinking it may only be on the order of 10 gallons.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

I can confirm that the back tank is smaller. Here is a diagram that Jayco sent me today for my 29.5 BHDS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0056038_N_1-2_121316.pdf (187.7 KB, 268 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #7

Great info everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim665214 View Post
I can confirm that the back tank is smaller. Here is a diagram that Jayco sent me today for my 29.5 BHDS.
So if I take a ratio of the size of the outside sink to the other tanks (and if its the same height), that would make it a 12 gallon tank. My guess was fairly close then.

Thanks for sharing that!!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim665214 View Post
Awesome info here! I have the same trailer and I have been trying to figure out the same thing, however we have a sanicon system which we have been using to flush our tanks through and until now, I hadn't been able to figure out what the last handle was for. Makes total sense now that my back kitchen tank is full, while the other tanks read empty. My assumption was that the back kitchen was tied into the main kitchen's tank as well as the tank meter.

I guess I need some 4" hose to drain the smaller tank, because it doesn't seem to be tied into the sanicon system.
tikimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #11

I too have the same unit and went through the same confusion. This has 4 tanks , 3 grey and one black. The small grey tank is for the outdoor kitchen and at the very back and the nxt one from the back is the one for the indoor kitchen sink and all three main tanks have the same drain port with individual valves. I found out the tank for the indoor kitchen after my kitchen sink stopped draining, because I assumed I had only two grey tanks. It is sad that I had to call Jayco and the dealership and no one could help, finally found out after I requested for a plumbing diagram. The tank for the outdoor kitchen supposedly can drain out on the pad but is there just for convenience, is what I think.
Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #12

Where's the handle for Grey 2

I have a 2017 and the grey valve you describe for Grey 2 behind the axle isn't visible on my trailer. I assume it's under the black under belly, and they forgot to cut a hole and expose it. Can anyone give me dimensions as to where theirs is so I can minimize my search. Thanks for any help I can get.
masolbergrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by masolbergrv View Post
I have a 2017 and the grey valve you describe for Grey 2 behind the axle isn't visible on my trailer. I assume it's under the black under belly, and they forgot to cut a hole and expose it. Can anyone give me dimensions as to where theirs is so I can minimize my search. Thanks for any help I can get.
There is a valve for a grey tank and the black tank just in front of the water connections. The second big grey tank is just after the main living room slid after the wheels. The handle is alittle hidden and flush to the underbelly. When you open this up all the water in the tank will come to the front sewer connection to be drained out. There is no separate drain port for this. The last but small grey tank with its own drain is further to the back and you will not miss this. All handles a total of 4 are on the same side of the RV. Hope this helps.
Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #14

I had the same issue on my 2018. Go under the trailer just to the rear of the axles. Take off about three of the screws holding up the underbelly. Pull down underbelly. Look up into the underbelly with a flashlight for a cable and handle assembly. I put a slit in the underbelly to run the cable through. I mounted mine to the auto level jack, which is just to the rear of the axles.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:55 AM   #15

I shall try to send a picture when I get to my trailer the next time.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #16

Thanks

Thanks, was under the under belly just aft of the living room slide. Slit underbelly and now have access. Thanks so much. Sticker on side of camper had it located at the center of the slide.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by masolbergrv View Post
Thanks, was under the under belly just aft of the living room slide. Slit underbelly and now have access. Thanks so much. Sticker on side of camper had it located at the center of the slide.
Was the handle/cable mounted to anything or was it just laying in there?
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
My 2016 is the same, so I can confirm he is right!

I would strongly suggest getting a twist on valve. Many of us have valves that weep and the twist on valve will prevent stinky surprises when taking the cap off.
x2 on that recommendation

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #19

Yes, good recomendation

Did that as well, thankyou
Old 03-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #20

We have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT and have discovered this same problem with two grey water tanks. We are still try to figure out how to empy them. The dealer said the panel was in case there were two. But it appears we may have two! We also have two black water tank panels. But have only one black water tank. Anyone have experience with that?
sailaway5 is offline   Reply With Quote