Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2017, 07:23 PM   #1

29.5BHS Fiberglass delamination / exterior rear wall issues

I have a 2016 Jayco 29.5BHS that looks like its starting to delaminate on the exterior rear wall. I have attached a few files. I am diligent about caulking and reviewing trailer and never seen then this before. It looks like the black aluminum trim at the top that meets the roof is warped/not fully seated to fiberglass. Screws were not fully seated and either weren't driven in all the way or backed out. A few of the screws were driven in way crooked! I sent pictures to my dealership as i have only owned this for a little over a month. I also have the main slide rubbing on the bottom and warn a hole in the protective cover. I was at my storage unit today and seen this same condition on a Jayco model just like mine. Take a look at yours! I asked the dealer if i should temp repair it with Eternabond tape and haven't recieved a response back. Don't want to tamper and void warranty...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2283.jpg   IMG_2281.jpg   image1 (5).jpeg   IMG_2249.jpg   IMG_2255.jpg  

tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #2

I meant i have owned this for a little over a year
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote