Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

317 RLOK - Powerfill to freshwater tank is slow!

I have a new 2017 317 RLOK that I really love. One thing I've noticed is that it takes nearly 25 minutes to fill my freshwater tank through the freshwater hose connector. My previous Jayco 30.5 DBSA had the gravity fill access hole that was much faster. I've wondered if water is just having to flow through 1/2" Pex tubing or something restrictive. Is this normal?

Also, I fill at home and drive about 10 miles to a local campground. My tank sensor shows full when I leave but upon arrival I show 2/3 full. My wife followed me last week and said I had water coming from the overflow tubes nearly all the way. It seems like a lot of water to leave on the road.
mdordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdordahl View Post
Also, I fill at home and drive about 10 miles to a local campground. My tank sensor shows full when I leave but upon arrival I show 2/3 full. My wife followed me last week and said I had water coming from the overflow tubes nearly all the way. It seems like a lot of water to leave on the road.
Part of this is understanding what the indicator lights mean. When all four lights are on it means that the tank is full. As soon as the fourth light goes out it means that your tank is between 2/3 and full. When the third light goes out it means that your tank is between 1/3 and 2/3 full. When the second light goes out you still have 1/3 of a tank. Your tank is not empty until all four lights go out.

My trailer takes 20 minutes to fill. It has a 75 gal. tank.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #3

I have the same unit only a 2016. Takes a long time to fill. 25-30 min. Old gravity system filled in around 10 min. I don't drive with water in the tanks because of the added weight and wear and tear on the tank supports while driving.
melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #4

My 2016 317 RLOK takes about that long to fill too. I will travel with at least 1/3 tank for on the road use.
My overflow does the same as yours. I had the same problem again this weekend. I was asking other campers if they had the same problem, 2 guys said yes, apparently it's creating a siphon. They said they switch there valves to city water hookup to stop the siphon.
I wil try that next time we have to use the fresh water tank.