Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #21

Hiteco, can you share your sources for the auto on light and the TPMS? Those are actually 2 things on my the top of our list along with a Progressive EMS-HW50C. Did yours come with the 50amp service? If so, is it the standard 50amp plug? I'm trying to get the service set up outside my house to use shore power in the driveway prior to picking ours up.

A few questions if/when you have time:

What battery setup did yours come with?

Did you get the 8cuft fridge?

Also, did you find any major issues on your PDI?

Thanks for all of the info by the way! Keep it coming!
Old 04-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #22

Hi Inthewind, I have ordered all of my add ons from Amazon. The motion sensor light is the Fulcrum 20031-103 Motion Sensor LED Porch light. The TPMS is the
EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 4 Sensors (TPMS). My observation camera is the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System with Mounting Bracket. Our unit did come with the 50amp service with the standard RV 50 amp plug. As for the battery set up it came with one battery but there is room for at least one more. We did not do the up grade on the fridge. Our White Hawk had the 8 cu ft and that worked fine for us so we stuck with that. When are you expecting your unit to arrive? Oh the PDI, the dealer had already found a hole in one of the blinds and a leak at the "outside shower". Both items are on order. We have a really good dealer and I have no worries about the flaws being fixed. Any other questions feel free to ask and when yours arrives post some pictures.
Hiteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteco View Post
When are you expecting your unit to arrive?
Hi Hiteco,

Our projected ETA is the end of this month. Are we holding our breath? No, but hopeful. Trust me, when it comes in I'll be picture crazy and try to answer any questions others may have.

Thanks for all of the great info!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteco View Post
I know what you meaning on the spending. We went through this with the travel trailer and now it has started all over with the 5th wheel. I have on order a tire pressure monitoring system, a furrion observation camera, a motion sensor LED porch light, and a progressive industry electrical management system. We are also driveway camping loading and arranging everything. It won't be long now till we will be in a campground and we can hardly wait.
Have you installed the Progressive EMS yet and what model did you get? I have the similar 321RSTS and looking at installing an EMS but don't have a clue on the best place to do it. If you've already done it tips would be greatly appreciated!
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
Have you installed the Progressive EMS yet and what model did you get? I have the similar 321RSTS and looking at installing an EMS but don't have a clue on the best place to do it. If you've already done it tips would be greatly appreciated!
I purchased the Progressive Industries PT50C 50 Amp Portable Electrical Management System. This unit hangs on the campground electrical pedestal, not the hard wired model.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #26

Does that unit also work if you only have 30 amp pedestal? When I only have 30 amps I use a 30 cord and 90 degree 50 to 30 dog bone at the camper.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Does that unit also work if you only have 30 amp pedestal? When I only have 30 amps I use a 30 cord and 90 degree 50 to 30 dog bone at the camper.
I have not tried this, but as per the FAQ section on Progessive Industries web site, you can use an adapter.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #28

Picking up tomorrow!
BTW I also picked up a EMS-HW50C on Amazon 2 days ago for $319 and its now on there for $299 in case anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 11.58.57 AM.jpg  
Old 05-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
Picking up tomorrow!
BTW I also picked up a EMS-HW50C on Amazon 2 days ago for $319 and its now on there for $299 in case anyone is interested.
Awesome! Let me know where you end up mounting it. I have the 321RSTS which is almost the same as your floorplan.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:07 PM   #30

Finally got home in some torrential rain. No major issues when I picked up other then the cover over the light in the fridge and some sealant on the roof at one of the front corners needing to be touched up. The guy swapping out the stock lippert pin box to my Reese Elite Airborne was a little lost. I could have done it in less time but had no tools! 😆😆
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 05-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Finally got home in some torrential rain. No major issues when I picked up other then the cover over the light in the fridge and some sealant on the roof at one of the front corners needing to be touched up. The guy swapping out the stock lippert pin box to my Reese Elite Airborne was a little lost. I could have done it in less time but had no tools! 😆😆
Oh yeah, this was a pleasant surprise "gift"! A $350+ Yeti will always make me smile!!👍🏻😀
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #32

Progressive EMS-HW50C installed!

Ok, so I installed my Progressive EMS-HW50C surge protector into our 317RLOK today. It was pretty straight forward. I believe the under belly storage and access of most Eagles are going to be similar so theres nothing unique about my install. I did find an interesting issue when I opened up the power socket. It appears both of the hot wires had been cut thru and were open to what ever may come in contact with them.

I repaired it when I installed the surge protector so its not an issue anymore but this is something that could definitely be a fire hazard down the line if I didn't.

Wonder if I need to contact Jayco and inform them that their installer for that part isn't paying attention when he strips the casing off the cables, or he just doesn't care and QC isn't catching it. I believe I'll send them an email.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of pictures to show placement in case someone wants to see where I put it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8234.jpg   IMG_8237.jpg   IMG_8240.jpg   IMG_8244.jpg   IMG_8246.jpg  

Old 05-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Ok, so I installed my Progressive EMS-HW50C surge protector into our 317RLOK today. It was pretty straight forward. I believe the under belly storage and access of most Eagles are going to be similar so theres nothing unique about my install. I did find an interesting issue when I opened up the power socket. It appears both of the hot wires had been cut thru and were open to what ever may come in contact with them.

I repaired it when I installed the surge protector so its not an issue anymore but this is something that could definitely be a fire hazard down the line if I didn't.

Wonder if I need to contact Jayco and inform them that their installer for that part isn't paying attention when he strips the casing off the cables, or he just doesn't care and QC isn't catching it. I believe I'll send them an email.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of pictures to show placement in case someone wants to see where I put it.

Looks good. Where did you install the remote display?
Old 05-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Looks good. Where did you install the remote display?
Actually I haven't yet but eventually it'll go up by the other controls. Where? I haven't decided.