Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #1

321rsts and 339flqs schwintek slides

We are looking at the 321 and 339 jayco eagles. It will be my wife, two young sons, and I. We like the 339 but the height of some storage inside is a concern to reach as well as underbelly storage. The 321 kitchen/ entertainment schwintek slide concerns me but the unit has more storage and more user friendly. The boys would sleep in the 339 sofas and the 321 couch and dinette. What is the forums thought about the two units and the bigger question schwintek slides
ftwkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
I love my 339flqs, I think it's better when you have the bad weather days, especially with more people, but I've been a huge fan of the front living 5rs since they started them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #3

Also a better sleeping quarters for the youngins

Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

We bought a Costco wooden two step cherry finish folding step stool to reach all the high cabinets. It fits in the pantry. Got it from Amazon. I also have been using it to do upgrades/mods. Believe it was $41.00.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwkma View Post
We are looking at the 321 and 339 jayco eagles. It will be my wife, two young sons, and I. We like the 339 but the height of some storage inside is a concern to reach as well as underbelly storage. The 321 kitchen/ entertainment schwintek slide concerns me but the unit has more storage and more user friendly. The boys would sleep in the 339 sofas and the 321 couch and dinette. What is the forums thought about the two units and the bigger question schwintek slides
I have had my 321rsts at the dealer because of a major slide problem that they haven't been able to fix yet, haven't brought it home since the dealer recived it 2 mths ago
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #6

Puddle pirate
What slide issues are you having with your 321? Which slide is being the problem child? This doesn't make me a tad nervous. Let me know thanks.
ftwkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #7

I have the North Point 311 RKTS so I can't address storage/sleeping issues. My trailer does have a couple of Schwintek slides. A short one in the bedroom and a long one for the sofa,pantry,and residential fridge. That larger slide has been somewhat problematic. Not long after i brought the trailer home, the slide began locking up when being retracted. I would have to extend it a couple of inches then retract again and it would go. I took it back to the dealer where I purchased it and they said they fixed it. They didn't and after a second try, it still didn't work. I ended up taking it to a different Jayco dealer who was able to solve the problem by adjusting the slide at the end with the refrigerator. It has worked fine since. The tech told me he thinks the idea of using Schwintek slides where there is so much weight is a bad decision. Regardless, it's worked fine for almost a year.

Jim
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #8

By any chance do u know what the adjustment was? Thks
Old 05-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
By any chance do u know what the adjustment was? Thks
Well, not specifically. He said the end of the slide with the refrigerator was approximately 1/2" lower than the other end. Somehow he was able to even it up and it has worked fine since.

Jim
Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #10

We have the 321 just the wife and we love it!Had it for about 1 1/2 years.The only problem is always the warranty work from the dealer. This camper I didn't pay for someone to do the PDI.Bad mistake on my part.What ever you get don't forget to climb up on the roof and check it out. We didn't and it taken 13 mos to get JAYCO to replace it.This sounds crazy check the tags on your mattress.That way you can check the MSRP sticker to make sure you got the right one.We did not! Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #11

Still at the dealer, told them that I wasn't going to move it until everything was fixed. so it is still at the dealer.

I haven't been up on the roof yet, good point--going to the dealer Monday to follow up on what they are going to do.

There PDI did turn up the on demand hot water system was wired wrong then the wires were cut at the factory, and its main control board was fried-they also had to take apart a section of the wall in the bathroom to fix this issue, but they did due a great job--could not tell they had opened up the wall--would not have known it unless I already seen it open.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
We have the 321 just the wife and we love it!Had it for about 1 1/2 years.The only problem is always the warranty work from the dealer. This camper I didn't pay for someone to do the PDI.Bad mistake on my part.What ever you get don't forget to climb up on the roof and check it out. We didn't and it taken 13 mos to get JAYCO to replace it.This sounds crazy check the tags on your mattress.That way you can check the MSRP sticker to make sure you got the right one.We did not! Happy Trails
Do u still have it?

Any other problems u ran into?

THKS
Old 05-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #13

Any other problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
Do u still have it?

Any other problems u ran into?

THKS
2016 Eagle RSTS the list is long and depressing,floor separated living area,replaced floor.Had wrong window in rear of camper should be fire escape.Kitchen slide had a dent on the top.Some idiot must have stepped down on it.Check your bath vent fan from the roof.Those small vent openings crack. Most don't notice until they leak into the bathroom.Factory will let dealer install old style vent which also has foreword and reverse fan.Wrong mattress in master, check sticker on mattress.See if it matches whats on your msrp.Dealer installed wrong battery group 24 instead of 27.Some 2016 Eagles have wrong weight axles check sticker.Morryde 3000 have plastic bushings instead of metal. Mine are trashed in 13 months.You have to check everything.Had a 2006 Next Level toy hauler, same stuff.When you read people are waiting for months for there camper to be built! Nothing will ever change!Thank Goodness we love camping, why else would anyone go through all this grief?
Attached Thumbnails
RV Tech.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:28 AM   #14

16s had wrong axles??? Which are the wrong axles? And how do you know for sure?

Old 05-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #15

16 Eagle Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
16s had wrong axles??? Which are the wrong axles? And how do you know for sure?

Some were on the forum there a list of all recalls.Any ways on some 16 Eagle with build dates in about 3 months of that year.Wrong weight axles were in stalled should be 7k.My dealer had me crawl under and take picture of the factory tag on the axle. I will attach picture.For now that's all I know taking camper in for warranty June 5/17 Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Axle OK.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #16

My outside sticker on our 16 339flqs says it's 6k axles, should I be worried? My axles are also individually rated at 6000 lbs per labels.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #17

Schwintek slides are notorious for issues, yet Jayco keeps specifying and installing. We have had nothing but issues and the damn thing completely failed in the shop a year ago. every time we took it in, "No problem found" and then this happened. The motors were replaced with 500:1 motors vs the wimpy 300:1 units. The outriggers were bent and the rollers were only 3 were 6 was required. After 14 weeks we got it back.
Attached Thumbnails
20160608_163003000_iOS.jpg   20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
My outside sticker on our 16 339flqs says it's 6k axles, should I be worried? My axles are also individually rated at 6000 lbs per labels.

The recall we read pertains to 16 Eagle 321RSTS. Maybe take a pic and get with your dealer!
Old 05-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #19

We have a 16 Eagle how do you find out how many rollers are required for your camper.Do you know what you have to do to actually be able to see them? I have heard as many as seven rollers for our camper.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #20

My other complaint besides the high failure rate (at least for me), is that no one seems to be able to work on them. We only have two Jayco dealers in the state and both of them seem to be baffled by the Schwinteks. Given all the problems, one would think they would be more up to date on them.

Jim