Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #1

355mbqs no heat in bunkhouse by design

Our new 2017 Jayco Eagle 355mbqs has no heat inlet in the bunkhouse for the kids. Are you completely kidding me Jayco?
SantacroceMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantacroceMT View Post
Our new 2017 Jayco Eagle 355mbqs has no heat inlet in the bunkhouse for the kids. Are you completely kidding me Jayco?

Seriously? I was really looking at the 355 for the separate living areas but with no heat in the Rocky Mountains I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #3

On 2 different rigs I've tapped into a heat duct here or there and added a vent. Sure there's no way to do that?

I agree, dumb design, but if y'all like everything else, make that the first mod.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #4

Just looked at a few pictures and the floor plan. I see what looks like the furnace intake in the bunk room. If that in fact is, definitely doable to tap into an unused port on the distribution box, or Tee off of an existing flex duct. All this provided you can get in there to the back of it.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

My 355mbqs should be delivered this week so I'm curious if something has changed. When I looked at the 360 degree tour on Jayco.com there's a heat vent on the floor right as you enter the room. The AC vent is on the ceiling right above it....
achimbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #6

Just did the walk through on our 2017 in March in CT. Heat was running for a while before the walk through. Camper was nice and warm, opened the bunkhouse and it was a refrigerator. I can't freaking believe this. Rated at 0 to 100...yeah...RIGHT. My kids are going to freeze and I see no need to mod a camper I paid so much for. Should be nice three months out of the year here in New England. Unbelievable!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #7

Well, if you don't want to mod it, try to get Jayco to do it. If that doesn't work, don't know what to tell you. I've had 8 rigs, some in the 6 digit $$, and not one of them has been spot on perfect. In order to keep my blood pressure down, and other people's hands OFF of it, I just fix it to my liking. Hate all this happened, and I hope you can find some resolution. Whether you spend 15k or 200k, everybody expects PERFECT. Not going to happen. You get over that after owning several of them.

In the mean time, electric heater? Crap, we don't use the furnace anyway until it gets into below freezing.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:31 AM   #8

Understand and support your frustration but at this point you have already accepted it from the dealer. So as Big John said you have two options; ask Jayco to help (which they are very good with) or mod it yourself.
Let me give you a little reassurance; we had the exact opposite problem with AC in West Texas. Bought a new Pinnacle and couldn't keep it under 95F. I dealt with Jayco and brought up the climate control video that you referenced. After some work on my end, making the phone calls, Jayco paid for a third unit and the installation.
Start with your dealer first but, if no luck, proceed to Jayco customer service. They want to make you happy and with the right approach, they will understand your issue. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new rig .

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 03-25-2017, 05:32 AM   #9

We four season camp in ours. Until I read this post it never occurred to me to even look for a vent in the bunk room and my kid has never once complained about being too cold or too warm. Possibly she might be just having too much fun from camping to notice.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

My opinion after owning two handfulls of RV's is that they are a blank canvas to customize to your liking and simply a starting point from which to build on. I have yet to find the perfect rig either.

Also I agree with just talking to your dealer, and if not then go to Jayco directly
Old 03-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #10

Agree with the others...no camper is perfect. A small space heater (wouldn't take much in that little bunk room) or add a vent either by you or Jayco. Rusty is right, they are blank canvases to customize to your liking. Just ask JohnD or me about that [emoji3]
Good luck and happy camping. Congrats on the new trailer BTW.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:29 AM   #11

I just looked at the Jayco website. On the 360 view, there is a floor vent to the left of the door. Maybe the vinyl didn't get cut out. Feel the floor there for a soft spot. Maybe all the dealer needs to do is cut the vinyl and pop in a register.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #12

Our 2016 (I know lots changed from the 2016-2017 models) has a floor vent just inside the door. I can't believe they would not put a vent in that room.....
Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I just looked at the Jayco website. On the 360 view, there is a floor vent to the left of the door. Maybe the vinyl didn't get cut out. Feel the floor there for a soft spot. Maybe all the dealer needs to do is cut the vinyl and pop in a register.

Yup along with the Some features may have changed disclaimer. Hopefully getting rid of heat isn't a feature that they changed and they just forgot to do the cutout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	heat.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	30015
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:15 AM   #14

Thanks to the posts in this forum., our dealer was able to find the heat duct. It was not cut out in the floor at the factory and now we're all set. Plenty of heat for the kids. Thanks everyone.