Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachburger View Post
Really curious about the slide toppers u ordered. Yours is a 2017 right?

My rig showed up at the dealer this morning. I was able to do a walkthrough on it and spent a couple of hours just going over everything. Other than a couple of very minor cosmetic issues I can't find anything significant at this time.

It did come with slide toppers as we ordered it from the factory.

They still need to prep it and we are also having satellite and a w/d put in it. So it will get to come home in about a week.

edit: Sorry about the rotation of the photos. They display properly on my computer and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it here.
Attached Thumbnails
20160628_123315.jpg   Toppers.jpg   20160628_115548.jpg   20160628_115219.jpg  
Old 06-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #42

That is a nice looking rig! Congrats. Happy for you regarding the slide toppers, and disappointed my rep couldn't make it happen. Glad to hear that your walk thru went smoothly as well. Mine is July 6th and about a four hour ride one way to get it so fingers crossed no issues.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachburger View Post
That is a nice looking rig! Congrats. Happy for you regarding the slide toppers, and disappointed my rep couldn't make it happen. Glad to hear that your walk thru went smoothly as well. Mine is July 6th and about a four hour ride one way to get it so fingers crossed no issues.

Yes, that's a long trip. Im sure that everything will be fine for you.

While I did not do a formal PDI today, I spent a couple of hours going over literally every inch trying to find defects. They wanted me to see the unit as it came from Jayco before they did any of their work. There was a small scratch about three inches long on one of the slide trim pieces on the outside and a small ding on a corner cupboard above the couch. The dealer was already aware of the outside scratch and that had already been communicated to Jayco to be replaced. He also said that it would be no problem to get a new piece of molding to replace the dinged piece on the interior.

Were very happy that we waited for this floorplan. It was a difficult decision to order a unit sight unseen and then hearing that it had been modified but all in all I like the den room. When we first saw pictures I was concerned that it would be claustrophobic, but in reality it feels larger in real life than it looks in the pictures. It will be perfect for our daughter to have a place of her own to hang out. The addition of the loft is nice as well. If there was one thing I would like to see done differently it would be that the den door opened inward rather than outward. I haven't looked at it enough to see if that is a possibility or not. My guess is that it has to do with access when the slide is retracted.

I also spent some time under the unit inspecting the slide supports as that has been a concern as well. I'm not positive what the new supports are supposed to look like, but I took several pictures and it is something I will monitor closely. I have the photos as a reference and will likely take some more detailed shots of this once I have the rig home for peace of mind.

The one thing I did not look at was the roof.

The rig is quite large. I am somewhat concerned about access to my property. The owner of the dealership is a friend also and he came out to the house before we ordered and says its no problem... but I still have a little bit of anxiety over it. It's going to be a snug fit.

Next project is to get an electrician out and have a 50 amp circuit installed on the side of the house.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #44

Picked up the new rig on Thursdsy. Overall we are happy with it. Did find a few things: the flooring in front of fridge is slightly loose, some of the trim is also loose. The slide on the door side is slightly off. Need to get used to the new leveling system. Not sure how to post a pic on here. Ours has the Peppercorn interior, with residential refrigerator, booth, folding sofa bed in bunk room. We also had a washer/dryer unit installed and solar panels mounted to the roof, 4 batteries up front. We have 2 kids; 5 & 2 years old. They love the bunk room and loft area.
Obenaufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #45

What w/d did you choose?

To post pictures click on "go advanced" you will see where to upload them there.
Congrats on your new rig.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #46

Here is the rig.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 07-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #47

Not sure why it's blurry ��
Old 07-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obenaufc View Post
Not sure why it's blurry ��
Maybe too much to drink tonight??
Old 07-01-2016, 08:32 PM   #49

Tap pic / click on it one time and it's clear. Looks great!
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #50

2017 355MBQS Furrion Camera installation

All

I have heard there is a wire behind the center rear marker light, but I heard that regarding the typical marker lights. Mine has little led lights. What's the best way to remove one of these tiny one inch lights to try and snag the wire which is hopefully dead ended behind it?

Also, where are the studs on the back wall? How far below the tiny led lights can I mount the camera without running into a problem with one of the metal studs?

Thanks folks.
SantacroceMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #51

This is where mine is installed.

Sorry about the rotation of the photo. I never remember what tapatalk is going to do with photos. Got it wrong this time.

Mine was factory installed so I didn't have to fish the wires out but my neighbor did his and said the wires were easily located when he removed the center LED. I think he decided just to remove the center LED altogether rather than drill more holes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk