Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #1

36 FBTS unable to auto level

So we just arrived at our campsite in East Thetford Vermont for the next 3 months and i am unable to get my 2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS to auto level. I have not had a problem with it auto leveling before but i am on somewhat less than level ground this time. In fact, some of the errors showing up are saying "Out of Stroke" so i added a few blocks on the left side to allow for less travel. Then it would go through again and tell me "auto level fail". When i looked at the degrees off of level on my ground control monitor it says 0.1 and 0.2 which is pretty level in my opinion. My problem now is 2 things. 1 my left side tires are actually off of the ground and 2 my stabilizing jacks are not deployed and i am unable to override them by holding the left and right buttons together or manual crank them down. I know this is long winded but any thoughts would be great. thanks.
hughesjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #2

If you have tires off the ground than that isn't good. I posted this in another thread on my technique.

I also have the 321RSTS and haven't had any problems with the leveling system and have camped 5 times now. I did do some experimenting in my driveway and here is what I do and has worked for me.

1. I have degree bubbles on my unit and look at side-to-side when I get on the site. Since the manual says to park on a fairly level site I like to get close to level side-to-side. I add 1 lynx block under the low side tires for every degree off and none for less than a degree. For this example let's say the driver's side is 1.5º low so that side gets 1 block under each tire.

2. I drop the front jacks' extensions 4-5" and put 2 lynx blocks under each jack and press "Drop from jacks" on controller.

3. Unhitch and pull truck forward enough to allow front to clear tailgate but keep plugged in. Leave truck running.

4. Put 2 blocks under each of the rear jacks, and if one side has blocks under the tires, add that same amount to the rear jack on same side. In our example driver's rear jack has 3 blocks.

5. Press "Auto Level", grab a beer, and pray!

So for this method has worked for my without any out of stroke errors.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...are_pid=413875
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #3

Wow. Glad I have the Bigfoot system from Quadra Mfg on my Eagle 5'er. It has only messed up auto level one time in high winds. Even then, I called after hours tech support and the tech called me back w/in five minutes while he was at his sons little league game.

It has auto leveled my rig once to the point where both left side tires were off the ground. (I won't be returning to that site... LOL)

Good luck!! Sounds to me like the Jayco OEM system has some bugs to work out....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesjer View Post
So we just arrived at our campsite in East Thetford Vermont for the next 3 months and i am unable to get my 2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS to auto level. I have not had a problem with it auto leveling before but i am on somewhat less than level ground this time. In fact, some of the errors showing up are saying "Out of Stroke" so i added a few blocks on the left side to allow for less travel. Then it would go through again and tell me "auto level fail". When i looked at the degrees off of level on my ground control monitor it says 0.1 and 0.2 which is pretty level in my opinion. My problem now is 2 things. 1 my left side tires are actually off of the ground and 2 my stabilizing jacks are not deployed and i am unable to override them by holding the left and right buttons together or manual crank them down. I know this is long winded but any thoughts would be great. thanks.
The system will Auto-Level but you need to be close to begin with otherwise you will end up bringing the tires off the ground and you don't want that.

I would start over by hooking up your TV and pull your 5er out and then back up on top of something. Boards, Lynx or Anderson levelers on the side you had the tires off the ground. If you are backing in and have a down hill slope I would not extend the front jacks too much using the pin. You would want the fronts to extend with power mostly to unhitch then when your unhitched the front would come down first to get it level front to back and the king pin pretty low. This will also help in keeping the tires on the ground.

I hope this makes sense.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

I'm confused....
Why does it "need to be close" to start? If it's because you run out of jack ram length - ok. If it's for any other reason - that represents a flaw in the system.

Also, why don't you want tires off the ground? I'm not saying that is the goal ... but what's it matter if they are?

I've been on sites where on side of tires was off the ground... the Bigfoot system performed as advertised.

Is there some massive difference between the Bigfoot (Quadra Mfg) system and the Jayco OEM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

I think the issue would be potentially warping the frame if wheels are off the ground. These aren't Class A's, the frames are much more fragile.
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #7

You have to lift the wheels to change a tire, the frame can take that. However this system is not designed to lift the camper off its wheels. Find the low side and pull up on blocks to get close and your problem will be solved.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto level, ground control