Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

36 FBTS Warranty Issues

Dropped off the 5th wheel today to get the last bit out of my 2 year warranty. Biggest problem is the roof which needs to be replaced. Also, the Schwintek slide motor is struggling which was already replaced last year. Im really concerned what the future holds for the big slide and the Schwintek motor. Not confident it will last very long. My awning on the dinette slide needs replaced. The bottom side of the awning is blistering. I attached pictures of the roof and awning.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1659.jpg   IMG_0009.jpg   IMG_0018.jpg   IMG_1625.jpg  
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #2

Your roof is kinda like mine. I already have three small punctures from staples and a screw. Two inches has lifted out from under the side rail on left side several feet from the back. My ridges run along each side front to back and raise up or lay pretty flat depending on temp and humidity. I have been doing a weekly roof check but just had foot surgery last week and might be up to two weeks before I can get back up there.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #3

Our 2015 FBTS is out of warranty April 6 and we are taking it in April 5 for a couple minor items left. We have taken out a 7 year warranty (not Good Sam) with a $100 deductible per incident. We can use any repair place we want and our favorite one near our house. Jayco dealer is over 90 minutes away and their need for 3 months notice for appointments and 2 weeks to diagnose problem, is just not acceptable for us any longer. Will be glad to do repairs locally. So, basically, I am not too worried about repairs after the warranty is done. That $100 deductible is even better than our time and diesel to drive each way for repairs.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:24 PM   #4

Sounds like a good warranty. Is it expensive for the 7 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #5

$2631 for 7 years. Covers almost everything. Not brakes, tires, furniture. Covers all structural stuff, all appliances, TVs, electric, plumbing, etc. Price based on purchase price of RV.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #6

bethcb
I have the seven year xtraride warranty. Your is probably like mine started from day one. Mine is like yours on coverages an includes slide seals. I have two slide seals ripping from how Jayco cut them to clear the slide tracks on schwintec. Two cuts with curves so not ripping but two they cut out the rubber straight and ripping. Black silicone is now keeping them from tearing more. None of them cover water leaks or manufactured defects. So my roof issue will not be covered by them. I have sent Jayco pics of it and it will be replaced after we move late summer. At least for another five years after Jayco all the big stuff will be covered. If u buy a boat or Rv u are foolish not to get an extended warranty. My Norcold will pay for the warranty price alone. I plan on traveling and some expenses will be covered for breakdowns.
Rock
Old 02-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
Jayco dealer is over 90 minutes away and their need for 3 months notice for appointments and 2 weeks to diagnose problem, is just not acceptable for us any longer.
We know what you mean. That sounds eerily familiar. Seeing where you are located, that could only be one dealer. Richardson's? We bought from their location in Riverside and haven't been back since they opened the new service center, but I suspect it's still the same.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
We know what you mean. That sounds eerily familiar. Seeing where you are located, that could only be one dealer. Richardson's? We bought from their location in Riverside and haven't been back since they opened the new service center, but I suspect it's still the same.
You guessed right....Richardson's. They have also changed decisions that Jayco made on replacing parts in our Pinnacle and decided NOT to install the part even after it arrived in their facility. I had to call Jayco and have them speak to Richardsons directly.
Once we had the RV there for repairs that were only partially done. We wanted to take it for a weekend and drop it back off there after for the remainder of the repairs. They told us that we would have to make another appointment in 3 more months and go through their waiting period if we removed it from their facility, despite the work order still open and unfinished. We didn't buy the RV for it to sit in the dealer.
Another problem we had was w our refrigerator working intermittently. We told them it failed at times when not plugged into electric. When we picked it up, it was plugged in. They said it was tested. Got it home, 90 miles away and refer was 70 degrees. Service manager told us that it might not be covered under warranty because we did something to it. It worked fine for them. We turned around that day and drove back there. Lucky for us, it was still not working. They basically called us liars. Like we wanted to drive 180 miles to prove a point?
I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

We now have a new extended warranty that starts now, for the next 7 years. Very glad to break all ties with Richardsons.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #9

Beth
I also have a seven year with $100 deductible thru xtraride. Problem is it will not cover failed slide roller ripping up floor or bent outriggers those are manufacturing defects not covered. Like my roof staples coming thru not covered except for Jayco.

Please go under ur trailer and look up at the outrigger between the center jack and wheel well. U might not even know u have one there like me. Post ur reply
Tks
Rock
Old 04-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

Rock
My husband and I have no clue what an outrigger is or anything technical. We have never even popped the hood to look at the engine in our truck. We take it for service when we need wiper blades replaced. Thankfully we do know how to hook and unhook the trailer and do some minor fixes as necessary. That's why be bought the extended warranty. Saying that, I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to in these posts and don't know where those pictures were taken. Everything seems to slide just fine when we push buttons. Our warranty expired last week. I appreciate your warnings and advice but we will just hope we don't have a problem until a button doesn't work.
Our trailer is at the dealer right now (100 miles away) for the next 2 months getting last minute warranty stuff done including repainting our faded front cap.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #11

Beth
Before u push the slide button and ur slide jams do this. Ur unit is at a dealer u trust and just a few weeks out of warranty. Have him look under ur kitchen slide while extended and see if any of the four outriggers ( that are just thin metal welded supports that go from the frame to the floor for added support) are bent. Ur floor is wider than the frame. Than have him look at the hidden one just an inch behind ur center jack. It is hidden between the center jack and forward wheel well end cap. Once they bend ur slide will jam and there has been many with this problem. They have now gone to a wider frame and heavier outrigger supports. Have them do it now since if bent Jayco might still fix them. Ur unit is a 2015 and all the outriggers used than did not have a bent flange for support. Mine do and all under the slide were fine. The hidden one an inch from the center jack did not and was bent over flexing the floor and jamming my slide
Rock
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #12

Rock
Thank you for the detailed response. I just called and left a message for my service tech. In addition, I sent an email and I basically quoted you completely. I am requesting they check it and also do repairs/fixes as needed. At least I will be on record if there is a problem in the future.
It's great having techies like you on this web site, especially for those of us that pack, fill our tanks, push buttons and hope for the best!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #13

Bethcb
Check your messages
Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #14

Warranty 16 Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfowler View Post
Dropped off the 5th wheel today to get the last bit out of my 2 year warranty. Biggest problem is the roof which needs to be replaced. Also, the Schwintek slide motor is struggling which was already replaced last year. Im really concerned what the future holds for the big slide and the Schwintek motor. Not confident it will last very long. My awning on the dinette slide needs replaced. The bottom side of the awning is blistering. I attached pictures of the roof and awning.
Jayco just approved the replacement of my roof have been complaining since September 2015.Similar problem a ripple in the material front to back passenger side.Get this the rep from Jayco Kevin in warranty wont call me back.Morryde says they wont warrant the plastic bushings in the 3000 suspension!They have pictures of those 3000 shackles tearing half on there website.Looks dangerous to me. Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
MORride.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #15

It looks like I have the upgraded greasesble ones on mine. But one u cannot get any grease thru one fitting and CW never fixed it. Who is replacing ur roof? I would let Lazy Daze replace mine since the do million dollar class A motorhomes but to remove my slide and fix the roller and floor I think will be a factory job. If so they will do the roof to.
Rock
Old 04-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
It looks like I have the upgraded greasesble ones on mine. But one u cannot get any grease thru one fitting and CW never fixed it. Who is replacing ur roof? I would let Lazy Daze replace mine since the do million dollar class A motorhomes but to remove my slide and fix the roller and floor I think will be a factory job. If so they will do the roof to.
Rock
Local Jayco dealer in Phoenix is doing the roof, want to watch the install.Make sure any nail heads or staples are removed or pounded in.Shackles with plastic bushing are a problem.Now Jayco and Morryde are playing good cop bad cop.Each one blaming the other over who warrants the part.Seems pointless if the shackle breaks in half. Potentially the leaf sprigs could separate, and one could only imagine what could be next.Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Mtn..jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:35 AM   #17

Rock
My Jayco dealer won't check the slide without me paying $120 for an hour of labor. I will not have him look at it. I will ask my local serivice guy to check it out next time it's there when warranty is expired. Won't take it to the Jayco authorized dealer ever again, but while it's still there for last minute warranty work, I don't want to argue w them. I need them to fix these last few items.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #18

bethcb
The service guy needs to be smacked upside the head. It takes two minutes to look at the outriggers under the slide and with a flashlight at the one by center jack. Nothing needs to be taken apart. If the one by the center jack is bent than to repair u have to remove some cowling pieces.
Rock
Old 04-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #19

Rock
I hear you! Agree totally, but this dealer has been a real problem for us from the beginning. I know it was the service manager who vetoed our request for a free check on the slide. We are having our front cap repainted due to fading and I don't want to risk them refusing this last warranty repair. When we had our refrigerator problems and drove 100 miles to our house, and instantly called the service manager to say our refrigerator was 75 degrees, he didn't believe us and told us we would have to fix it ourselves. We drove it right back. Did he really think we like driving all that distance just to annoy him. Trust me, when we get our Pinnacle back, there will be some Yelp reviews.