Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #1

Talking 365 BHS Man door opening hitting garge door?

I bit off the 365 BHS on saturday, Its a 2011 model year at a great price, delivery is set for the 14th of Feb. Upon my walk around I noticed when I opened the man door it hits the garage door meaning both cannot be open at the same time. Is this a template problem in their layout or specific to my unit? The other item I found was in the bunk area the bottom of the door moulding was slightly expanded where it met the floor, is this from some installation problem or is it just from cutting the faux wood, creating it to expand. All in all not a big deal, I was on the floor looking for issues so it cant be seen from standing up. Are there any other items with the 2011 year I need to check out prior to delivery, any help is appreciated.

2011 F350, SRW, 4x4, CC, LB, Auto
2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS
2004 JayFlight 29BHS
2008 Regal 2700
Lakeland Florida
:lizard:
JC_RV_CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #2

Check the bathroom door knob lock. Ours sticks sometimes, locking you inside the bathroom. Not a huge problem since there is also a sliding door leading to the bedroom. Could be a major problem if you only have the one door.:hihi:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #3

Congrats. Great unit. The door latch is the one simple $2.00 thing that the engineers just keep getting wrong. The simple fix is a 6" latch in place of the stock 3". Then you get about a 1/2" clearence with both doors open at the same time. I used the old latch on the other side door since there was not one that came stock.

As for the moulding issue I cannot comment. My bathroom door was tight due to the latch not being recessed so i took it off and chiseled out behind the catch to solve that issue. It is fiberboard so it could have had some water pickup somewhere expanding it in your case.

There's a few mods for our units in the mod section under 365BHS. Take a look in there for some ideas.

Enjoy.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #4

I too had swollen door jambs for the back bedroom doors. Upon closer inspection, it appears condensation was the culprit; in the bottom storage area for the rear entertainment center is a large access hole used to run wiring. The cold from beneath would get sucked up thru this hole and cause severe condensation on the carpeting and walls. Once this hole was plugged (using spray foam) the condensation issue was rectified. I had the jambs replaced by Jayco.
And yes, I too have a small conflict when opening the main door and the basement storage compartment. I can fix this by either getting a longer "stop" mechanism for the main door or by simply opening the basement door and pinning it up by locking the main door against the camper's side. Minor inconvenience - it is only a 16th of an inch that hits...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Thanks for the comments, I will have to get busy when I take delivery, from what I have read the warranty work is handled pretty well by Jayco.

2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS
2004 JayFlight 29BHS
2008 Regal 2700
Lakeland Florida
Old 02-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #6

We too replaced our short door latch with a longer 6" one and now the entrance door clears with about an inch or 2 to spare. Haven't noticed any of the other problems you mentioned. Hope you love your as much as we do.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #7

There are three areas where condensation can come in to a closed cabinet area in the 2011 365 that I have found and plugged. I had major water pooling in the bottom of the pantry where my vent stack went up along the inside of the cabinet. This is the easiest to access and fix with a shot of foam. Another is the under the bedroom cabinet as mentioned above which takes some screw removal. I only noticed this after running some wires for the TV there. The third is in under the galley sink where your drains run down. Spray foam all these gaps around the plumbing and it will reduce your draft which will condense and cause mositure issues in the colder seasons.
The pantry actually had a puddle in it that I noticed from this gap.
The other pipe and wiring holes were filled in with foam in the MBR behind the bottom cabinet drawer in mine. Check there as well.
Those little holes can let in just enough cold air to cause some seriuos issues.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #8

Thumbs up

Thanks fo the tips on the sealing of the unit. I appreciate the lessons learned for sure. I am pretty thorough in my investigations and will definatley post any items I find from my experiences as well.

Jim

2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS
2004 JayFlight 29BHS
2008 Regal 2700
Lakeland Florida