Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #1

377 rlbh

I've been considering upgrading my current rig to the 377. I'm worried about the level up system. I've read all I can about it but I'm still concerned, especially since this is a new plan and it looks like only a handful of members actually have it. For those that do, how's it working? Also, what other things aren't working as well as you hoped?
Thanks
trightmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #2

Anyone?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #3

I have the 341RLTS and it works pretty good for me. If I'm really out of level side to side I will put boards down to get it closer, then auto level.
I haven't been far enough out of level front to back to run out of stroke on the rears, but if I do I will have to put some blocks under.

I have got the out of stroke error because of low voltage once and high amps once...then you have to reset the system to get rid of the error message and the annoying beep.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:10 AM   #4

Not many have this floor plan, as its brand new. Jayco dealers don't even have printed literature on it yet. We ordered our 377RLBH a couple of weeks ago.
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

I love the plan and all the features. I just am a little apprehensive about buying the first edition of the new model. Most of the kinks haven't been ironed out yet
Old 10-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #6

I have the 377 and other than the normal problems associated with the purchase of any new trailer, we are very happy with camper. The Ground Control 3.0 system has been problematic but not just to this model. We just got a TSB letter and hopefully this is the fix we have been waiting for. Keep in mind that all the components are used across the the North Point line so I don't know you would have that many issues being a new model. Its not like a car where it is a brand new engine or transmission.
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #7

Knobby - is the 377 shipping with Carefree or Dominic awnings? Also, (if you don't mind) where on the roof are they installing the "solar ready" convention? Over what room in the floorplan?

Thank you!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #8

I believe it is the Carefree Awning and while I only have been on the roof a couple times if memory serves me right the solar connections are located near the front of the unit most likely over the main bedroom or hallway area. I have not looked into solar and don't see me doing so anytime soon so I may not be the best person to ask about this. I believe there was some connections in the basement area of my unit also. (there is at least a sticker in there about the system.)
Old 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #9

Thank you, Sir! Appreciated! My dealer doesn't want my solar system that's on my trade, so he told me to remove it before the trade takes place. I've got a battery bank, 300W of panels, a great MPPT controller/charger, a 2000w PSW inverter, so I'm going to put them all back into good use on the new 5er!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #10

Didn't I read the carefree awnings were having issues with the arms getting bent during light wind/rain? Also, what was the fix according to the TSB for the level up?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #11

The Carefree arm failures that I'm aware of were all caused by users leaving the awning level, and not tilted, during a rain storm... These awnings are designed for SHADE, and only a light rain....
Old 10-12-2015, 11:13 PM   #12

There was a rumored TSB for the ground control from this site.
TSB #15-007 pertains only to changing out a 15 amp circuit breaker to a 20amp on the remote control main circuit board.
There is no mention of the leveling system in the TSB notification.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
The Carefree arm failures that I'm aware of were all caused by users leaving the awning level, and not tilted, during a rain storm... These awnings are designed for SHADE, and only a light rain....

Not trying to be snarky but awnings on my current and past rigs did not have to make the disclaimer that they are for SHADE. They came with a rain dump feature. They were all dometic.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
There was a rumored TSB for the ground control from this site.

TSB #15-007 pertains only to changing out a 15 amp circuit breaker to a 20amp on the remote control main circuit board.

There is no mention of the leveling system in the TSB notification.

Thanks for the clarification
Old 10-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #15

TSB 15-008 is another bulletin that just came out. I got mine on Saturday I think. This one pertains to the Ground Control 3.0 and upgrading a circuit as well I believe.

Then just today I received yet another mailing from Jayco pertaining to the accessory hitch and a warning sticker that they would like to have installed about not towing a trailer or vehicle with your fiver.
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
TSB 15-008 is another bulletin that just came out. I got mine on Saturday I think. This one pertains to the Ground Control 3.0 and upgrading a circuit as well I believe.

Then just today I received yet another mailing from Jayco pertaining to the accessory hitch and a warning sticker that they would like to have installed about not towing a trailer or vehicle with your fiver.

So after receiving the TSB, do you take it back to the dealer to get it corrected?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #17

Thanks for the update nhfire

I asked my dealer to look for that TSB.. It fell on deaf ears.
Now I have to go back again!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Thanks for the update nhfire

I asked my dealer to look for that TSB.. It fell on deaf ears.
Now I have to go back again!
According to customer service not all units are involved. You will receive a letter if your unit needs attention. You can call customer service with your VIN and they will tell you.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #19

I picked up my 377 at the end of August the ground control works great the only problem I have just encountered is that my gas furnace won't lite because for some reason the gas line got passed under the hot water tank and has pinched it so it's now at the dealer to get fixed. I really enjoy my new Jayco North point.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
I picked up my 377 at the end of August the ground control works great the only problem I have just encountered is that my gas furnace won't lite because for some reason the gas line got passed under the hot water tank and has pinched it so it's now at the dealer to get fixed. I really enjoy my new Jayco North point.

Do you have the heat pump option you can use until the furnace gets fixed? Also would like to know is the AC really "whisper" quiet?(if you've used it yet)