Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #1

377 rlbh questions

Can someone give me a list of things to ask/look for when we pick up our 377 in two weeks. I have pretty decent list put together and I have been reading a lot of people's problems/concerns with the unit. I'm a little worried, as I've seen a ton of issues with it. We have a ton of camping planned this year as well as a very long trip shortly after we pick it up. We will try to get it out a couple times before, if weather allows. Praying we don't have any major stuff wrong.
Palle-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 PM   #2

You will probably have to tell them to fix the sharp vacuum screws poking out stopping the bag from going in.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

There are some good standard checklists here on JOF that apply to every model.....

My personal advice, beyond the detailed check lists are to :

Don't let them rush you... You just paid x thousands of dollars... Take your time

If this is your first RV:

Take a note book with you - some folks have used their cell phone to film some parts

Do everything that they do yourself as well ( hook up, set up, connect, disconnect.... )

If you have a spouse - have them do it too.....

Make sure you get manuals for everything

Best of luck and congrats from Colorado

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #4

Here's some good advice if it applies. If you are switching over from a used unit to a new unit take your time. Many let you stay a night or so to swap over. Once you drive off the lot everything changes. Some outfits service and parts depts are answering machine and no returned calls if you get my point. Believe Me
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #5

This will be our second new unit. The other was a palomino sabre. If you can name the problem, we had it! Pretty much ruined our summer of camping. It was at the dealer more than the lake. Poor dealer and a terrible experience. Hoping Jayco and a different dealer can take the bad taste for new campers out of my mouth. Thanks for all the advice! Cheers!
Palle-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 AM   #6

My advice is to make sure the water to the residential fridge is turned on. There's a hidden shut off valve under the sink. I spent a couple hours at our first outing trying to get the ice and water to work before I found it.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
My advice is to make sure the water to the residential fridge is turned on. There's a hidden shut off valve under the sink. I spent a couple hours at our first outing trying to get the ice and water to work before I found it.
Yep check this and that way you can verify that the ice maker is working properly! Tom helped me out with this on our 1st trip. Take your time and check everything. We have several parts on order from Jayco for our 377...nothing major or that prevents us from camping. Just for example, we have a small pin hole in one of the blackout shades; the front of the microwave door is warped (it still works)...just a bunch of little stuff like that. Just make you list problems that you find and give to the dealer...they should be able to fix most before you leave, but some parts will need to be ordered.

Then on your 1st trip, make another list...you will find other issues.

But most importantly, enjoy and have fun!!
Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #8

Here's my only advice.... The 377RLBH is BY FAR the most advanced (and therefore complicated) RV of any of the five that I've owned. Make SURE that you get detailed instructions on how EVERYTHING operates, from someone who clearly understands the product! Our's was the first 377RLBH through the dealership that we bought it at, and there were just too many "I don't know." answers to my questions. Make sure that you have the leveling system FULLY explained, so that you can understand it, and don't have to watch the video once you get home, just to understand how to get it off of your tow vehicle. I'm STILL trying to figure out the multiple entertainment systems. Is there an inverter for the small fridge in the outside kitchen? (I don't know.)

Lots to learn with this unit!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #9
Site Team

Learn all the systems. Water, sewer, electrical, mechanical, propane. Have them demonstrate how to operate and understand how each works, then as others have said, do it yourself until you have an understanding.

You can't process all of it if you don't have prior experience, but this is where it starts. At the PDI, you are the star and after it's yours, you won't have their attention as much.

Read material with the unit and online. Ask questions and enjoy it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #10

We just bought a 2016 377RLBH and so far we Love it. Only spent one night in it so far. So here's my first question. We also purchased a Winged Traveler Direct Tv Satellite Dish. I DONT want to mount it to the roof because where we camp is covered in trees. Will mount it on a stand. The question is can I run the coax cable from the actual dish to the satellite port on the outside of my 5th wheel and bypass the splitter that came with the satellite system then hook up a receiver in my basement, bedroom and living room. I was told the wiring and splitter are already installed behind the TV in the living room.
Tdholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #11

The complete cable/sat/tv cabling system schematic was just posted not that long ago but I forget where. If I find it I'll post the link.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #12

That's Great thanks. New to the Jayco Forum but I'm already liking it!!
Tdholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #13

I searched and searched..couldn't find it.
Then I remembered I saved it on my iPad ..lol
Old 04-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #14

Good luck

Good luck with your PDI. I'm not looking forward to mine. Bought the 377rlbh in ATL they are shipping it to fort Myers (nearest dealer to me in the Florida keys). Problem is the dealer they are sending it to for my PDI doesn't sell Jayco's. So the walk through will probably be me teaching him/her. And I've never owned before. Then immediately full timing in it. Fun fun fun.
Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote