Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #1

377RLBH Speakers

Looking to replace the factory speakers on our 2016 377RLBH. We don't have the camper yet but the sound in the demo unit was awful. I understand the factory receiver isn't exactly a powerhouse but I figure a set of high efficiency aftermarket drivers should make a world of difference. Does anyone know the size of the factory speakers?
cmykpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:57 PM   #2

I totally bypassed factory system.. Soundbar with wireless sub in living room. Soundbar with wired sub in bunk room, and Klipsh Promedia 2.1 speakers in basement storage area. Already had from previous camper so just adapted to our new unit. I won't be to our camper before you get yours though, so sorry no measurements. Congrats on your new camper!! Enjoy!

Also have roku sticks for outside TV, Bunk TV and Loft TV. So music(pandora) and movies(amazon and vudu) available at all times with our wifi connection.

Can't honesty see us ever using the system that came in camper. Maybe if it was a smart bluray player we would have? Can't believe with todays tech that Jayco (and almost all manufacturers) are still putting in DVD players, not bluray. Granted the furrion has an HDMI out so they call it HD, but it is not true HD, only upscaled..

And I must agree, the factory system leaves a lot to be desired! Even after playing around with it after our purchase, I just couldn't get any decent sound out of it. Very tinny and flat sounding if that makes sense. It's all about personal preference though and I'm sure a better quality speaker could wake it up a bit!

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmykpro View Post
Looking to replace the factory speakers on our 2016 377RLBH. We don't have the camper yet but the sound in the demo unit was awful. I understand the factory receiver isn't exactly a powerhouse but I figure a set of high efficiency aftermarket drivers should make a world of difference. Does anyone know the size of the factory speakers?

I tried upgrading speakers....didn't work. I ending up using a sound bar and sub. The receiver really doesn't have the power to drive a good speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I tried upgrading speakers....didn't work. I ending up using a sound bar and sub. The receiver really doesn't have the power to drive a good speaker.

I figured the receiver was weak but also plan on putting one of these behind the receiver; https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KTP-44.../dp/B003VVYL46

If I'm correct the receiver runs on 12volt so this should be able to be spliced in behind the receiver directly into the speaker wires. This will take care of getting more juice to the 4 interior speakers and combined with a new set of 4 efficient speakers should be night and day over stock.

What size speakers did you end up going with? What worked as far as fitment goes?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #5

I tried some Polk audio speakers. The factory speaker are 6.5". I ended up just putting the factory speakers back in and using the soundbar

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 AM   #6

I listed some mods to the factory unit here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ods-36696.html

Still not audiophile quality, but for less than $50, I have acceptable sound out of the Furrion DV1200. The stock sound settings are just about as bad as they could possibly be.....
Old 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #7

Cmy, get a head start on the Furrions ins/outs here
http://furrion.com/wp-content/upload...29-10-2013.pdf
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
I listed some mods to the factory unit here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ods-36696.html

Still not audiophile quality, but for less than $50, I have acceptable sound out of the Furrion DV1200. The stock sound settings are just about as bad as they could possibly be.....
Do you happen to know the dimensions of the box you used or a link?
Old 06-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #9

My daughter introduced me to wireless BLUE TOOTH portable speakers. I use them all the time now around my Camper setup....

Easy to move around anywhere you need them and have excellent sound for me.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Do you happen to know the dimensions of the box you used or a link?
I used this one from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Single-Subwoo...+subwoofer+box with a Dayton Audio Sub. Box was $21 when I bought it. Got the sub for $16, The wires to use are green/green&black. Labeled for polarity. There is a small knob on the left side of the unit to adjust sub volume. Do that before putting the unit back as you cannot access it.

Not super boomy, but added enough lows to make a nice setup for the TV, and music.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #11

Quote:

Have you gotten the unit yet? I'm very curious about this. Ours will be showing up at the end of the month and I hate that I can't really enjoy the stock speakers. I was thinking of just adding a good head unit you'd get for a car and then figuring out how to get audio to it from the tv.

Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #12

I installed a pair of infinity speakers in mine and it made the world of difference.

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehound View Post
I installed a pair of infinity speakers in mine and it made the world of difference.

Did they mount ok?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
Did they mount ok?

They mounted perfectly. These are 6 1/2" speakers. Infinity does make a speaker with white grille which may look better aesthetically but for the cost, I just couldn't justify it. Every Infinity brand speaker I have ever purchased never disappointed.

I bought these for $39.99 on sale at Academy which are normally $79.99.

These can be had for $74.00 at Walmart.com

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehound View Post
They mounted perfectly. These are 6 1/2" speakers. Infinity does make a speaker with white grille which may look better aesthetically but for the cost, I just couldn't justify it. Every Infinity brand speaker I have ever purchased never disappointed.

I bought these for $39.99 on sale at Academy which are normally $79.99.

These can be had for $74.00 at Walmart.com

Perfect! That makes it easy for me... I guess before I purchase, does the speaker setup work with a bluray player or Xbox or whatever I hook up to my tv? I'd like to use the speakers instead of soundbar

Old 07-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #16

If your head unit has a auxiliary jack input, I see no reason you couldn't. None of my TV's have an auxiliary out for audio so I just disconnected the DVD player's audio out (via 3.5mm to male RCA cable) then connected to the head unit which works very well.

If you have HDMI going to your TV and a separate audio out on your DVD player, you could leave them both connected and use either one. My Sony DVD players and Dish receiver have separate outputs.

At any rate, you should have a few options available to you, it depends on how far you want to go with it.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:12 AM   #17

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-652M...speakers+white

Found these on Amazon for a little cheaper that Wally World.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-652M...speakers+white

Found these on Amazon for a little cheaper that Wally World.

That's a good price and those sound great too. The head unit will also make a difference in quality of sound. These speakers like power and my stock head unit (Dual) had very little power. I had an older Sony and Pioneer lying around so I decided to do a reference test. Either Sony or Pioneer made the world of difference with the new speakers.