Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #1

38 flsa a/c failures

Hi...I am new to the forum, but, am wondering if anyone has had A/C issues from their Jayco. We have a 2015 Pinnacle 38 FLSA...other than some nagging little issues, we love the layout, love the quality, BUT...If you live 40 miles North of Houston...you know heat and humidity is an issue. One of the MAIN reasons for purchasing was the advertising of the Climate Shield...We have had 3 failures with the 15K Coleman Mach 8 in the front, and 1 with the 15k Coleman Mach 8 in the rear. The primary failures have been either the blower wheel or the condenser fan coming apart, causing vibration and or failure. BUT..even when the fans are working properly, during the day, if it gets to 83-88 outside, the a/c will run ALL the time, and only cool the cabin down to 76, the ONLY time the a/c will cycle is at night, when the outside is at least 75 or lower.
Has anyone else experienced these type of conditions, and if so, what was the solution? I am ready to trade the RV if we can not stay cool during the day. I do not mind changing a/c, The Mach 8 in front is a heat pump low profile system. Model 47054A879
markk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #2

COLEMAN has had fan issues.

As to not cooling JAYCO is now offering 3 units. With that said ours did fine in FL with only the 2 and we have an early 2015.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #3

I have been working with my dealer, even contacted Jayco...no one has told me that, so THANKS...since the front is ducted, I wonder if it can be added to the roof and put into the existing duct work. Last failure of the front one, I discovered that even the rear is included in the duct work, although, we normally have the vents open on the interior unit in the rear to keep the bedroom extra cool at nights.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #4

I have read on this forum that some people with the 2015 units got jayco to pay in some cases all the cost to add the 3rd unit. They do advertise that their units will stay 70 degrees when it's a 100 degrees outside. I just bought the 2016 38flsa and it is standard with 3rd AC. I would contact jayco.
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #5

I had already been working with customer service...of course...the fact they use a 3rd A/C was never brought up, nor was offering to put one in. I just sent an email back to Jayco in hopes they will step up to the plate. I have a contingency plan in place, but..even though I play golf with him, I still HATE lawyers! LOL I will post what their decision is.
Thank ya'll for the info, very helpful.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post
I had already been working with customer service...of course...the fact they use a 3rd A/C was never brought up, nor was offering to put one in. .
Roof's not frammed for one on the older units nor is it pre-wired.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #7

I have a circular saw, hammer, and some 14 gauge wire...will that do it?
Old 05-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post
I have a circular saw, hammer, and some 14 gauge wire...will that do it?
Problem is original units have metal trusses. They switched back to wood in 2016 or late 15 model year.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #9

Hi:

I am down in the Florida Keys, My 15 FLSA was purchased Oct. 2014. I have been using it quite often from long weekends to 1 month trips. My A/C has been working well here in the Florida Heat. Today my rear unit started making a grinding noise. I quickly shut it down but the damage was done, I went up and took the cover off. The Fan Motor broke from its rubber mounts broke a fan blade and made a mess. Not sure yet what the outcome is that I am waiting for a Mobile Repair to call me back that was recommended on AIRXCEL web site. I also called them and tech said it happens when the unit is over tightened, which hard to believe when it worked perfect past 19 Months. Looks like cheap rubber mounts. Today is 87 hot and humid and with the one unit will not go below 79.

Will post when I have an update.

Regards,

E.R.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #10

The tech has to be talking about what Coleman/Airexcel does. JAYCO doesn't touch the fan mounts.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #11

Wrong order of events. The fan broke first, and the imbalance broke the motor isolation mounts.

See the following post:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ure-35131.html

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
Rjhuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c, coleman, mach 8, won't cool