Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #61

Also we have noticed that on the front slides lots of air escapes out the bottom. If you will go to Walmart and buy some packages of air conditioning foam about 2x2 in thickness and 3ft long and stuff on the outside underneath by the rubber going into the rv and it will block cool air and heat going out of the unit. Thanks Patrick
pgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #62

I also would like for everybody to know if you need anything for your unit, Hayes RV center, Longview, Texas. They did everything we needed, adding the 3rd unit, with me getting out the door for about $200.00. And thats because I wanted a relay in the line to protect from over voltage
L L Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #63

Well Jerry's Camper did a great job putting in our third ac unit and it made major difference in the temp. The problem was that jayco decided they wasn't gonna pay anything on ours so we had to pay for it all out of pocket. Which was worth it but I think it's crappy on jayco part.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #64

2015 Pinnacle 36 RSQS A/C Problems

Ok folks, I wish I could have seen these posts before I bought my Pinnacle in April 2015. I have similar issues with my RSQS and can't get the temp below 82 running both units WITH a blower pushing air from the bedroom to the LR. I am going to talk to my dealer this week. JAYCO obviously has a design problem with the pinnacle A/C and I am not going to pay for their design mistake. If they don't resolve my A/C issues I will file a lawsuit and perhaps try to get it a class action suit as it appears 95% of Pinnacle owners are dissatisfied. Thanks for all of your posts about this issue. I will keep you posted on my results as well.
Jefco
Texas
jefco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgraves View Post
I am also going to check into a lawsuit over this deal. Jayco hd told us they were going to pay for the new ac then said just part of it. Then refused to pay for any of it.
Do you or your dealer have that in writing?

Normally JAYCO does not do or pay for modifications. The Factory Service Center won't even do them. Since the roof was not originally framed and reinforced for the 3rd a/c that's what it would have been.

Also your dealer should have had the awning issue corrected before you picked it up.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #66
Site Team

Just a note from a Moderator of this forum: Please make sure you are familiar with this exert from the Community Rules section of this forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors, products or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

When your complaint starts to become a legal issue, this is not the place to discuss it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #67

I just deleted my comments. Thank u.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgraves View Post
Thank you for the update please keep us posted on the outcome. We are going through the same issue with our fsla that we picked up just 3 weeks ago. We are lucky if we can keep the temps down around 82 or so in front and that is with fans going. Which in my book is unacceptable in a 90 plus unit. Also when they were advertising maintaining a 72 average temperature in extreme heat. Maybe they should bring the test unit down here in the sun in Houston.
We agree fully. Perhaps they should also test in Florida. We've been here in our new 38FLSA for a week with temps high in the 80s and the unit does not cool in the living room and kitchen until the sun goes down. Feels like their test results are faked or, at the least, not documented properly under real conditions. Very disappointing.
frwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #69

My build date was before they pre-wired for the 3rd A/C... I keep all the bedroom vents closed to force more air up front and the temps have been reasonable throughout the trailer, the return in the bedroom draws enough air to keep the rear cool (i think some cold air may come out of the sides of the return) .. I have to keep the rear thermostat 4 degrees colder than the kitchen to keep both A/C's cycling at the same time... and both units on the high fan speed until the sun goes down... so far that configuration is working out well, low 90's is the hottest we've done so far.