Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #21

We are still looking to install the 4 Poiint Reico Titan Leveling System and leave the current rear stablizers in place

We had a few unexpected expensis that will delay buying the Reico Titan System until after the first of the year.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
We are still looking to install the 4 Poiint Reico Titan Leveling System and leave the current rear stablizers in place

We had a few unexpected expensis that will delay buying the Reico Titan System until after the first of the year.
If you can $wing it, look at the Bigfoot automatic leveling system.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #23

I took our fiver to the dealer for repairs and asked about the leveling systems and he told me I would void my warranty as it's not made to have things added to the frame. If jayco doesn't do it at the factory, it's not covered... I guess I'll wait for 1.5 years then do it.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
I took our fiver to the dealer for repairs and asked about the leveling systems and he told me I would void my warranty as it's not made to have things added to the frame. If jayco doesn't do it at the factory, it's not covered... I guess I'll wait for 1.5 years then do it.
Maybe contact Jayco and possibly take it there if they will install.

You aren't that far away.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #25

Congrats Dan350! We just ordered the same camper. We live in Lincoln...hope we can run into you camping sometime.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC DMAX 4x4
kupper24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #26

Thanks kupper24, we're sure you'll like yours as much as we do ours! We'll be around this summer, Mahoney, Lake of the Ozarks, Yankton SD planned so far & checking into others! Can't wait for Spring.
Dan350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #27

the electric jack specs I see from reico titan is a max of 5,000 lbs. each ,with one of theese just behind the rear axle that possibly could weigh 7,000 lbs. I wonder what there response to this is . I know some of the weight may remain on the springs when leveling on fairly level sites but if you attempted to lift one side off the ground to change a tire or on fairly unlevel site that jack would be lifting the axle weight on one side which would exceed 5,000 lbs. unless there are heavier jacks available I didn't see and I think the atwood system is similar.
i would like to install one of theese systems but last time I weighed my 2010 designer the axles were around 13,000 lbs. loaded for a cross crountry trip.
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #28

I just ordered the Lippert Ground Control System (Formally Reico Titan Ground Control) for our Pinnacle.

Our axle weight is about 12,000 lbs also, only difference is the axle weight was measured when our Pinnacle was connected to our truck.
Moving the front support weight back to the front Landing Gear instead of the pin will lower the axle weight some, I have never weighed the axles when the front is sitting on the landing gear.

Guess I will see how much power those 5,000 lb Ground Control jacks really have.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #29

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul n it all View Post
the electric jack specs I see from reico titan is a max of 5,000 lbs. each ,with one of theese just behind the rear axle that possibly could weigh 7,000 lbs. I wonder what there response to this is . I know some of the weight may remain on the springs when leveling on fairly level sites but if you attempted to lift one side off the ground to change a tire or on fairly unlevel site that jack would be lifting the axle weight on one side which would exceed 5,000 lbs. unless there are heavier jacks available I didn't see and I think the atwood system is similar.
i would like to install one of theese systems but last time I weighed my 2010 designer the axles were around 13,000 lbs. loaded for a cross crountry trip.
The jacks are good for 5000 EACH. you would have to have 10,000 on your axles before you have to worry. With 4 jacks your trailer would have to be over 20,000lbs. We have the Reico Titan system on our 31.5RLTS and it holds the trailer just fine. Our trailers GVWR just a shade under 12,000 . BTW, we love the Reico Titan Ground Control system.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote