Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #1

4 Point Leveling system

What is the brand and model of the 4 point leveling system that can be ordered with the 2014 Jayco Premier?

Thanks
madleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #2

Our 2014 Premier came with the Atwood Levelegs 4 point leveling system.So far it has worked great. I am impressed with how solid it makes the fifth wheel.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the response and review. I will check them out.
madleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #4

I have some questions on this whole leveler thing. If your not supposed to be off the ground with your tires and the unit is going to "self level" then what's the whole point of it? You pull in the site and unless you are within an inch of level side to side then it's probably useless unless you build up on boards to get close to level, no?

I get the front to back leveling, but that is easily achieved through the landing gear.

Also I can see where they may be slightly more supportive in the rear than the power legs that come as standard equipment.

Are you not worried about frame torque? Just curious on how much faster and easier this system makes leveling?

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
I have some questions on this whole leveler thing. If your not supposed to be off the ground with your tires and the unit is going to "self level" then what's the whole point of it? You pull in the site and unless you are within an inch of level side to side then it's probably useless unless you build up on boards to get close to level, no?

Uh, no!!

I get the front to back leveling, but that is easily achieved through the landing gear.

True when looking at some type of level gauge. What your missing is the Atwood 4 point Leveling System does this for you (no need to have level gauges stuck on the front and side of your rig) and you are free to go do other things like hooking up your water, sewer etc.

Also I can see where they may be slightly more supportive in the rear than the power legs that come as standard equipment.

Way more than "slightly". Believe you are talking about the electric rear stabilizers that come standard. Remember they are just that..STABILIZERS and not meant for leveling or supporting any kind of weight.

Are you not worried about frame torque? Just curious on how much faster and easier this system makes leveling?
A lot faster but the key word I believe is the convenience...plus a whole lot easier.

Do a search here in the Forums and you will find a lot of info on the Atwood and other auto leveling systems.

Also here is a link to a video that may answer more more of your questions.

Hop this all helps.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #6

It may be easier, I think being able to level left to right with out having to block up the tires is nice.I haven't been in a site yet where the tires have been off the ground but we have only been out twice with the new 5th.The system works well and the few problems I have had were probably operator error. The user manual is not written very well and makes the system seem quite complicated.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #7

Never had to block the tires....never!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote