Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #1

5th Wheel - Auto Level questions

We are the proud new owners of a 2016 jayco north point 377rlbh. We are very excited about our new camper but are experiencing issues with the leveling sytem. So we understand that the camper has to be in a reasonably level spot in order for auto level to work, however, we can't figure out how to get the center jacks down!! Can anyone enlighten us on how to achieve this task?
RobinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

We are having the auto leveling blues also. I believe you cannot manually lower or raise center jacks. Mine only operate under auto level & auto retract The main problem we have now after getting all the errors fixed is that the jacks will run out of stroke fairly easy, if not level ground. I fix by adding blocks under jacks to compensate for not so level ground. I am still getting an eye for it and learning how far out needs what to compensate. The hardest for me so far, when it looks fairly level front to back and it is higher in the front than you think. Then the front landing gear runs out of stroke trying to level. But is just a new learning process. good luck..
Racebizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #3

Here's what I do. After I unhook, i scroll thru the keypad until "manual" appears. Then I manually level the unit using the front jacks only. When "front to back" reads o.oo on the screen, then I use the auto level feature. The rear jacks will come down and tweaks will be made side to side and front to rear until level. Lastly, the center jacks will come down. In some cases of severe un-leveled ground, blocks may have to be used under the jacks.

2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Aisin CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 371FLFS
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #4

Did you watch the DVD in the owners manual packet?
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 PM   #5

Concrats on the rig RobinA, and welcome to the forum. You're not all that far from us in west LA. Maybe we'll cross paths at some point. I'm not as familiar with the electric LCI leveling system, just the hydraulic one. On the one we had in the past, we always used it in manual mode since the auto wouldn't go to the same spot twice. We also did as JaycoAl mentioned and used the blocks. Hopefully you can get this figured out. Wish I had a little more time to take a short trip over there and help you out.

As for the 377, I'd love to hear some feedback on that specific rig. We have 3 rigs picked out as possible purchases for getting back into full timing next year, the 377 being one of the choices. 375 North Point and 360 Eagle are the others.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #6

Figured it out!

Thanks for the replies! My husband worked with it yesterday and finally figured it out. The information posted was very helpful. Our driveway is a bit of an incline so he used blocks and finally got it to work. This is our first Jayco camper and first time with auto level feature. I am sure we will be posting more questions as we use the camper!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #7

We are taking our first trip this weekend in the new camper. We will be traveling about 3 1/2 hours to my sisters house and will be staying in the camper for two nights. We also looked at so many different models. We decided on this one because my husband's grandfather lives with us and we take him with us everywhere. We wanted him to have a private room and space but did not want to sacrifice the living area. That is why we decided on the mid bunk room. While it is smaller, it still gives him a space with a door and we still get the living area we wanted. The rear bunk room is bigger but you lose so much living area.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #8

I have a jayco pinnacle 36ktps with the auto level electric jacks. I found that if the gound slopes down away from the front of the trailer it works much better if you do not extend the front jacks much with the manual pins. The front jacks have a great deal more travel than the rears. Once I figured that out, I have not had any problems with the leveling system. The center jacks are extended after the trailer auto levels and provide more stabalization.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #9

Thanks Jack 56! He ended up putting blocks under the front jacks when in our driveway and it seems to have worked. This is our first experience with the electric jacks and auto level system. Now that he has had some time to work with it a bit, set up is so much easier!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #10

The shorter you can keep your jacks the more "solid" the camper will feel. The wobble always comes from the flex in extended jacks. When the ground slopes away from the front of our fiver, we always block fairly high. As a matter of fact we rarely adjust the manual adjustments on the front jacks. We block to the jacks whenever possible.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #11

Thank you Cariboocreek. That is good informatrion to have!!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #12

I also have a new 377RLBH. You need to be fairly level across the axle for this to work, so you still may need to have linx-levelers or similar under one side or the other.

1) Chock wheels
2) Get blocks under all six, lower the fronts by pulling the manual pins to get them close to the blocks.
4) If you are "nose high" leave enough space so that toy can get the nose down to level after you get the hitch pin disconnected.
5) Raise nose by lowering front jacks manually, until nose lifts enough that you see daylight between hitch plates.
6) Make SURE that wheels are chocked!
7) disconnect trailer plug wire and emergency brake cable from TV
8) Double check chocks!!!! (Yes, I'm OCD about this!)
9) Make sure tailgate is down.
10) Pull TV out from under nose.
11) Push "auto level" button on control panel, open a beverage, and let it do it's thing! It adjusts fronts first, then rears, then tweeks side to side as necessary, then it puts the center stabilizers down.
12) If any of the jacks bottoms out before it makes contact with the pads, and doesn't provide stabilization, you get an error message. Manually raise this jacks, make your pad taller, then restart auto-level.

The DVD has some great info on it regarding troubleshooting and adjusting.

Good luck with it! It took me a while to get familiar with it. My biggest problem was that I thought that it was like a motorhome and lifted and adjusted left to right. It doesn't. That still needs to be close, using linx-levelers or boards.
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #13

Fire Instructor pretty much nailed it.

Just a side note on the center jacks, I BELIEVE if you hold down the Left and Right arrow keys on the keypad, that it controls the centers.

It's been a few months, so I may be incorrect. Can somebody else confirm it?
Old 12-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #14
jtw

I struggled a little in the beginning as well. I get the camper where I want it and take a minute to look at the site and figure how much jack I need to run out, or not run out, you know if the camper is high in the ft. you need to run more landing gear out so you can have enough to suck back in to get level before you run out of stroke, the same goes for the rear jacks. Good rule for me is I run jacks 1/2 way out then pull pin for feet to make contact with ground. I downloaded the free LCI app on my iPhone and it gives you a lot of info, including how to reset level if the auto level looses its memory. I thought the CD I got with the camper sucked. Enjoy your new unit.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:01 PM   #15

Thanks so much everyone. We are heading to the lake tomorrow for a five day trip! Excited to actually enjoy our new camper for a few days. All the information provided is extremely helpful!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #16

Need help

I have a Lippert 6 pt leveling system and after I drop the front jacks I have an issue getting the jacks to extend to get off of the hitch. The system cuts out and I have to reset it 3-4 times to get it high enough. Has anyone else ever experienced that of have a suggestion on what may be the issue?
Thanks
capt108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #17

My biggest problem has been level side to side. ....in auto level it will pick my wheels off the ground.
snickers104 is offline   Reply With Quote