Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
5th Wheel Set up

I just purchased a Jayco Designer 5th wheel RV. Two questions please. 1. The book said the stabilizer jacks were not able to carry the weight of the RV. How are you supposed to unhook the tow vehicle? Do you need a jack under the fifth wheel pin?
2. Where do you find the stackable washer & dryers?

scashvyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
They are talking about "Stabilizers", not the front jacks. Some people try to use the rear stabilizers to lift the frame and wheels.

Any dealer should be able to order you a stack pair, I recommend SPLENDIDE. They are also on AMAZON.

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
If you have a 2016 Designer, I believe that they all come with a 6-point level system. If this is the case you don't have stabilizer jacks. The stabilizer jacks on 5th wheels are usually near the rear bumper. To use them you lower them to the ground to stop the bounce in the trailer. The jacks in the front are the landing gear and without a doubt those handle the weight of the 5th so you can unhook.

Washer / Dryers are usually optional. Your Designer has the plumbing and wiring to install a washer / dryer, but you would probably need to have your dealer order it separately.
Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
The stabilizing jacks are at the rear of the coach. The landing gear is at the front, which is what is used to raise the trailer off the hitch.
Stackable WD can be purchased at the dealership or pretty much anywhere you can get RV accessories. Try Amazon, tweetys or PPL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2016 North Point 377 RLBH
2006 Ford F350 Lariat, CC, 6.0PSD, DRW, SCT tuner, air bags, bullet proofed
Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
When they say they won't carry the weight they mean it will not lift the 5W the jacks stabilize and some weights still on the wheels. You need to level side to side before unhooking. I lower the front to the ground and take the weight off the hitch, unhook and use the front legs to level front to rear. When level lower the rear to take some weight and you are done.

Washer driers should be available at Camping World or Mesa RV and probably any of the larger RV suppiers.

Tip: When getting ready to leave raise the rear jacks first because if you raise the front you can bend the rears. I learned the hard way on my first 5W.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is online now   Reply With Quote