Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2017, 05:21 AM   #1

5ver Macerator Pump

I bought a Sani-con macerator pump box mount system and intend to mount is in the sewer line with a new 1-1/2" gate valve keeping the existing sewer connection for well equipped RV parks. Looks like plenty of space keeping near level with the sewer pipe under the trailer of a north point 301rets 2017. Obviously need a little steel and a road debris shield.
The rear metal side skirt behind the water heater and before the wheels & slide has a "SANI-CON" HERE" sticker. If this was added as an option is this a trap door to pull the discharge hose out or larger for hose storage? Or do they use this for the actual pump? Anyone got this as an option with a pic of it or at least a description. If a hose storage cavity could this be a Jayco part number? (Just dreaming)
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_114122.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	29751

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_114129.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	29752I took these at the Hershey RV show last fall. They had a 5er with the sanicon option installed.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #3

Is it the sanicon turbo you bought...like the one in the picture?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

I got the Therford 70427 Sani-con box mount at Sani-ConŽ Box Mount | Products | Thetford
After looking at what I got it includes a lot of pump suction side stuff like the flex hose bypass etc I don't need for a good installation. The pump is inside a standard lowes issue PVC electrical box. If you look at the pic at this web site you will see a white PVC pipe fitting which is a Lasco 2-1/2" by 1-1/2" D2466 and has inner 1-1/2" threads that the pump suction side screws into. The outer pice of this is ready to slip over a 2-1/2" pipe ready to glue on. They slipped a flexible pipe on it with a fitting to drape under to a standard twist RV sewer fitting. That is not what I want as I want vit like the above pick. They also ruined this fitting by drilling a hole it for the small bypass tubing I also don't need. I was going to replace this fitting with ABS (Black stuff) but outer diameter of 3". I am pondering cutting a hole in the side of the existing sewer and with a hot air gun I have weld this fitting to it of course with a valve with a flex line for easy pull or cut the 3" elbow off and replace with a Y and drop down to the 1-1/2" pump female thread like the above pic. The first hot weld approach would put the pump more inward to the trailer and higher off the ground. The 2nd approach would be even lower that the existing fitting. The discharge pipe as it exists now can simply run into the cavity where to door goes where it looks like the NP have a separate pipe and screw cap fitting. I think the way I am doing it will be a cleaner way to dump rather than screwing in a nasty pipe every time. The box has an on/off switch on it and I think will protect the unit from road dirt better. The strap holding the sewer will have to be relocated since I need this space to glue to if not welding. Of course I would need to get a new gate valve and sewer twist lock ring as these are all glued in. When I look at the NP installed pic it looks like they may have a limit switch on the end of the Sani-con to keep the pump off when the valve is closed but can't tell. Also with the NP it looks like you have to get under the RV to open the valve as apposed to one on a cord and mount convenient. The box door I got is 7" by 7" and when I seen it on Ebay for 25$ & was the exact same door down to the casting ridges but luck find & black too to blend into the NP color scheme. In the end it will cost more than the option price with added sweat. Ok my DW thinks I went overboard since the purchased unit screws into the sewer fitting. Of course she will never be the one down there at the sewer fitting.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #5

Yes. I see what you are saying. I've thought about that one many times.
Then I thought about how often I would actually NEED to use it and thought maybe just use the twist on kind for when I have to. Sounds messy though.

I've been trying to find a price on this one.
http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/u...SaniCon-II.pdf
Depending on the price, I think I can make it work and have it hidden behind the frame in the area of where the drop frame is.
Next plan was the one pictured above by Dan..I can't find that anywhere either.

Had I of had the option in 2016 I would have gotten it.
Can you show a picture of your the door you found on eBay?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #6

The NP one looks like a cheap 3" no-hub over the whole pump with a band. If the pump was out of the box that is about what it would look like. I see a support to keep the pump from jerking up/dn when in motion but the electrical box over the pump would still be a better deal and easier to support.

The discharge hose looks well made I guess to handle higher pressures so that is why the hose alone cost a lot. I thought of a 50 footer but they are over 150$ on ebay. They cap off with a screw plug at the end when complete or no mess and keep the $%^& in the hose.

When my paying work allows me to complete this I will make pics.