Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #1

6 Point Levelling error message

We have a new pinnacle 36FBTS and the 6 point Levelling is not working. The front and rear jacks are working well. When the system gets to the center stabilizers we get a "out of stroke" message. The dealer could not figure out what was wrong after several attempts. We also called Lippert and their advise and they said to keep the center jacks only partway down and to put blocks under the rear and center jacks. That did not not work either. We figure we will get it repaired when we home back to our dealer in California. In the meantime, just thought we'd ask for the expertise of this forum! Just in case there's something else we can do now.
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #2

I saw someone reference this same thing a few days back. If I remember correctly they were on a really unlevel spot. Others were commenting that could have been the issue also.
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #3

We were very level.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #4

With electronics sometimes try "resetting" it at the car dealer ship we call it a capacitive discharge. Uh hook it from power for 5 min and see ? It sounds like you have tried everything else.
PETERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

bthcb - any updates with your leveling issues
Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #6

Hmmm. I am at home, so Im going by memory here. I think it is the "down arrow" and "enter" buttons that you push at the same time. That resets the system.

Now. --- level your unit manually. (Turn the system on, push up arrow, hit enter). Now push "front" and "rear" buttons until unit is level front to back!) If some of the jacks do not go all the way down. (and you are certain that you will not stroke out). Then release that button, wait for 1-2 minutes, then try pushing that button again. (keep repeating until all legs are touching)! - Now push "left" or "right" until level side to side! NOTE -- If you can get a carpenters level somewhere, that would be best. WHEN, you know you are level. Now turn "off" the system! Push "UP" arrow 5 times fairly quickly, then push "DOWN" arrow 5 times fairly quickly. Then it will ask if you want to set the "zero" point, press enter. Do press enter! Now you have the level point set.

OK now the center jacks. Go get some silicone lubricant and liberally spray the legs (Before you tear down camp to go home). If possible, spray the legs while they are retracting. As the legs extend/retract one at a time, this is possible with 2 people. This might really help next time. If not, then return the unit for service. It can be a few different things that cause slow/inop legs.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #7

[QUOTE=qwed94;289764]Hmmm. I am at home, so Im going by memory here. I think it is the "down arrow" and "enter" buttons that you push at the same time. That resets the system.

Now. --- level your unit manually. (Turn the system on, push up arrow, hit enter). Now push "front" and "rear" buttons until unit is level front to back!) If some of the jacks do not go all the way down. (and you are certain that you will not stroke out). Then release that button, wait for 1-2 minutes, then try pushing that button again. (keep repeating until all legs are touching)! - Now push "left" or "right" until level side to side! NOTE -- If you can get a carpenters level somewhere, that would be best. WHEN, you know you are level. Now turn "off" the system! Push "UP" arrow 5 times fairly quickly, then push "DOWN" arrow 5 times fairly quickly. Then it will ask if you want to set the "zero" point, press enter. Do press enter! Now you have the level point set.

So this procedure sets the level for the system initially (programs the system to see true level), then after that it should always set itself to that (learned) level point, being front to back and side sto side? It doesn't come programmed for true level from the factory? Just trying to learn something before I get mine.

Thanks
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #8

Tried suggestions (thank you!) but the center jacks will not move. We will have dealer look at it under warranty.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #9

Just curious at this point, did it work right at your walk thru inspection?
Old 04-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #10

It did not work during walk thru. While we were signing the paperwork another tech looked at it and we were assured it was working. We then drove the truck to hitch place and they soon towed the Pinnacle to us. We had the driver wait while we leveled it and it did not work. Two days later when our hitch was done, we drove it back to the dealer. They could not get it to work so we left it for a few hours. When we came back 30 minutes before closing, they told us it worked and that it was reset. They were ready to close so we just drove it away, knowing that even if it didn't work, we were not going to have them do anything more, since nobody really gave us any confidence that they had a clue about it. Sure enough at the KOA 2 miles away that night, it did not work. We will deal with it when we get home to Southern California. The dealer there is aware of this and we will just leave it there until they get it right.
Surprisingly, they guy who did the walk thru was not very knowledgeable about specifics on the trailer when we asked questions. Without questions, he did OK. He also failed to tell us about Coach.net and did not tell us where the 2nd grey water tank lever was and when we asked if there was 1 or 2 grey water tanks, he said "1". He was wrong! Overall, their service was below par. We are still OK with everything because we love the layout and the overall construction of the trailer.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #11

I have a '14 Seismic with the 6pt Ground Control 2 system (same). I've had nothing but problems with mine. They replaced the controller and that helped with a couple problems but I get out of stroke errors on rear jacks and intermittent issues with center stabilizers. IMHO they should have installed hydraulic level ups in these.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #12

With hydraulics if you have a problem with the jacks down you're stuck until the problem is fixed. With gear driven you can at least crank them up manually if there is a problem.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #13

I was close to purchasing a 6 Pt system when I purchased my pinnacle a couple years ago and after researching some decided on a Bigfoot System from Quadra mfg in White Pigeon Michigan. Very happy camper. The two front jacks at 17,000 lb each and the middle and rear are 12,000lb each . Where I park is very unlevel and not a problem. need to change a tire or pack the wheel bearings push a button.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #14

Love to find out more info on that Bigfoot system for my Seismic... Thanks Clayton
Old 05-24-2015, 10:35 AM   #15

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=303923
Old 05-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #16

Above is worth the read (IMHO)
for those having difficulties.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #17

My 36 pinnacle did the same thing.
Start over with the nose high and use 4” blocks under the rear and side.
Then level.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #18

I've had to reset multiple times

re-set procedure for the auto level system from Lippert. Support pin box on hitch, manually retract all jacks, extend all jacks 6", retract all jacks, shut board off, turn board power on and drop front jacks and then hit auto level.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #19

For last couple years we stuff as many blocks as possible under rear jacks. Pretty much always levels,we are 99% dry campers.
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote