Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Blackwell View Post
We have a 2016 Pinnacle. Our AC bill for June was $180. We are just North of Houston. There are 3 AC units on top of this unit. When it is 95-98 outside it gets up to 86-88 in this blank blank RV. If I use the stove/oven it gets even hotter. This is a big money pit and I wish we never bought it.

My best advice is call a mobile repair vendor. He should check voltage at the pedestal and inside the unit. If you have a voltmeter you could do this yourself. Heck even the CG might have a worker that can do it.

Can you post a picture of that your thermostat looks like? Do you have more than one?

There is enough experienced RV'ers on here we can probably help you if it's something not broke with the actual unit.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 CC 4WD
2016 Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #22

I haven't tried closing the door but I have tried turning the working (bedroom) unit off. It still did not make the front unit come on during the day.
Lynne Blackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #23

RV Campground .14 is their rate
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #24

I don't think so, they are all set at same temperature and it is my understanding that only 2 units run at once so when one area reaches the desired temp it should cut off and allow the other to run. Problem is the bad one won't run during the heat of the day even if the bedroom one is turns off to allow other to run
Old 07-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #25

QUOTE=Hoojs12840;431251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
JAYCO didn't make the air-conditioner, COLEMAN did]

To me that's immaterial. I don't make the trucks we use for delivery, but I don't blame Volvo, Freightliner etc when I have to tell my customers I can't delivery their product due to a breakdown.

Jayco decided to use whatever component is on the unit. I'm sure reliability was something they thought about. They bought it from Jayco and Jayco owns making it right.

I haven't seen any post where either JAYCO or COLEMAN refused service, or that they were even contacted.

They can't fix it if they don't know it's broke
Old 07-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Blackwell View Post
I don't think so, they are all set at same temperature and it is my understanding that only 2 units run at once so when one area reaches the desired temp it should cut off and allow the other to run. Problem is the bad one won't run during the heat of the day even if the bedroom one is turns off to allow other to run
I think you said it comes on during the day but not very long. How long does it run before it shuts off? If it were a shore power issue it would effect all of them not just one. So it sounds like an outdoor temperature issue to me. Possibly tripping a safety on the unit itself.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #27

It does not come on during the day when it's hot, only in the evening when it starts to cool off.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #28

We will end up taking it in to shop but we are trying to stay in it, enjoying it for the summer and not have to stay at house. I was hoping someone else had this kind of issue and maybe it was something we could address now, while out using it for the summer.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #29

Our '16 Pinnacle FLSA's front unit does lose temp in the afternoons in this weather. But as earlier stated, about 20 degrees is all they can cool. Even residential units struggle when the weather is like it is now in West KY. Grandkids running in and out doesn't help either. Our front unit runs steady until after sunset and then it cycles. I think the unit is fine, doing all it can do, with the high ceilings in the FLSA.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #30

That's a good point. If the AC is running perfectly it will only supply air that is 20 degrees cooler than the temp of the air in the trailer.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #31

I noticed you said you can get the unit to come on by swithing the setting from auto to on. that only turns on the air handler, not the compressor and the entire unit. I would try to jump out the thermostat to see if the unit runs and delivers cold air. Sounds to me like you have a thermostat issue. I'm not a HVAC guy, but I do own several rental units and have to troubleshoot them occasionally. Any rv repairman or HVAC guy can help you with that simple test. you can do it with a small piece of wire and removing the cover of the thermostat. If it runs at night and delivers cold air, I can't see the issue with the unit itself. I do agree, it's a pain to loose your coach for extended periods of time, even worse when you are full timing. I'd do a little research and troubleshoot it myself first.

Just my 2 cents
Old 07-31-2016, 01:13 PM   #32

Lynn Blackwell - Just curious, which park are you in north of Houston?
Can you try switching the thermostat from the working unit to one that's having issues, that would at least tell you if it's a thermostat issue. Our unit had a defective thermostat from the factory, it was off by 8 degrees.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:41 AM   #33

Did you get any resolution to your ac issues?