Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
Like I said, we have 2 pets and don't want them to have to suffer in the heat! When it's around 95-100 degrees outside, inside is 79-81 degrees with the ac unit on, as there is only 1 ac unit on our 31.5 RSTL, was hotter with ac running in New Mexico & Texas this summer before I went to the nearest Lowes/Home Depot and purchased 2-4'x8'x1" thick insulation (styrafoam with a foal on one side) and cut to fit every window!!! I will probably be adding a second ac unit and having it installed where the front bedroom vent is, I believe it is pre-wired for one. But when travelling & stopping to let the dogs out for water and to go do there business, I have checked the inside thermometer and it gets really hot inside, so have to stop often to let the dogs out and give them water!!! Don't see why I couldn't run the 2 Honda gen/inverters paralled to each other and have either a 30 amp or 50 amp outlet tied to the original 50 amp outlet and let them run in the bed of the TV and use a short 30 amp or 50 amp cord plugged into it if it was mounted on the front lower portion of the 5er to be able to run the ac down the roads. What people will do for their loved pets!!!

Rhumphers9a is offline   Reply With Quote