Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2015, 07:13 AM   #1

All Eagle 33.5RETS owners

Just a follow up on all the 2014 Eagle 33.5RETS owners. It has been 2 years for us now with our eagle 5th wheel. We have really enjoyed this unit, once we got the initial problems worked out. One thing we have noticed is that the AC's are really loud. So loud in the living room, can hardly hear the TV. Walked into a new unit the other day and the AC was like Central AC. The unit did not hang down into the living room but was ducted in the roof. Boy was that thing quiet compared to our unit. Has anyone else experienced this? Almost got me looking for a new unit. We go out every month with our unit for at least a week so it is getting used. Not had any problems since our initial fixes. Just love this unit. How about the rest of you owners. Any problems? Or real pleasures?

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #2

Not a 33.5RETS liner but certainly agree that the whisper quiet AC such as on our Eagle Premier is almost like being at home. A Neighbor at the campground was getting ready to order a new Jayco recently and asked me about the options his dealer suggested he think about - stuff like fireplace, thermal pane & added power vent. He stepped into ours and after a couple minutes asked if the better insulation and thermal pane was why the AC wasn't running constant. I pointed out that it was running - he called the dealer for pricing on a Premier (now North Point)
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #3

It's been a year and a half for us and like you we're pretty pleased. We're on the California coast right now in fact. If I had been made of more money I would have purchased a higher end unit/brand, but at the same time I don't feel like I'll ever need to. I guess the best way to state it is we took a 12 night trip a couple months ago-our longest to date- and not once did either one of us think it would be nice to finally get home and out of this little thing! The thing that really does irritate me is the sliding door between bedroom and bathroom completely seal above the slide out and lets the light from the skylight above the shower shine right into your eyes every morning. Not sure yet how to fix that.
mamasmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:36 AM   #4

[QUOTE
The thing that really does irritate me is the sliding door between bedroom and bathroom completely seal above the slide out and lets the light from the skylight above the shower shine right into your eyes every morning. Not sure yet how to fix that.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't fixed it yet, we had the same problem. I got some foam door seal about a half inch thick and stuck it to the sliding door on the top where the light was coming through. Completely shuts out the light when the door is closed. I get some of my best sleeping in that unit because I put black felt over the windows and it is pitch black in there closed up!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote